Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default 10 year old dishwasher problem

I have a 10 year old Maytag dishwasher and lately it has been leaving a film
on the dishes. The coil on the floor of the dishwasher has a white film and
my stainless pans have splotches of white on them. I am guessing that this
means everything is filmed. I am using cascade powder. I have been pouring
vinegar down the drain prior to each washing and have started using a
rinse agent. I think it is getting better but I would like to know why all
of a sudden this film started happening and if maybe it is time for a new
dishwasher. Has anyone else had this problem? I have also used one of those
liquid dishwashing cleaner.