Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Miele Dishwasher Problem

I have a ten year-old Miele dishwasher -- and a strange malfunction
happened last week. Even though the entire cycle was completed, the
heating element stayed on (and at full intensity). Later that night,
when I opened up the unit, the plastic wheels of the bottom rack had
melted! I had to cut off the power source in order to get the unit to
cool down,

I have contacted Miele USA about the incident and I am awaiting their
response. In the interim, has anyone else encountered this dangerous
problem?

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Vox Humana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I have a ten year-old Miele dishwasher -- and a strange malfunction
> happened last week. Even though the entire cycle was completed, the
> heating element stayed on (and at full intensity). Later that night,
> when I opened up the unit, the plastic wheels of the bottom rack had
> melted! I had to cut off the power source in order to get the unit to
> cool down,
>
> I have contacted Miele USA about the incident and I am awaiting their
> response. In the interim, has anyone else encountered this dangerous
> problem?

Consider filing a report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission
http://www.cpsc.gov/talk.html

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Viviane

Not had that one yet. Thanks for the warning.

We moved into our new apartment about 6 months ago and inherited a Miele
dishwasher that is probably the same vintage. The oven and microwave are
probably the same age and work really well but I'm very disappointed with
the dishwasher. It doesn't seem to hold as much as the Bendix we used to
have and doesn't always get things as clean as it should. We're planning to
redo the kitchen in the new year and a new dishwasher is on the list -
Fisher & Paykel 2 drawer, which suits our lifestyle better. In the
Australian summer I don't like leaving the dirty dishes in the dishwasher
for a couple of days until it's full. The Miele dishwasher doesn't seem to
have a rinse cycle only.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a ten year-old Miele dishwasher -- and a strange malfunction
> happened last week. Even though the entire cycle was completed, the
> heating element stayed on (and at full intensity). Later that night,
> when I opened up the unit, the plastic wheels of the bottom rack had
> melted! I had to cut off the power source in order to get the unit to
> cool down,
>
> I have contacted Miele USA about the incident and I am awaiting their
> response. In the interim, has anyone else encountered this dangerous
> problem?

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Gini

"Viviane" > wrote in message
> Not had that one yet. Thanks for the warning.
>
> We moved into our new apartment about 6 months ago and inherited a Miele
> dishwasher that is probably the same vintage. The oven and microwave are
> probably the same age and work really well but I'm very disappointed with
> the dishwasher. It doesn't seem to hold as much as the Bendix we used to
> have and doesn't always get things as clean as it should. We're planning
> to redo the kitchen in the new year and a new dishwasher is on the list -
> Fisher & Paykel 2 drawer, which suits our lifestyle better. In the
> Australian summer I don't like leaving the dirty dishes in the dishwasher
> for a couple of days until it's full. The Miele dishwasher doesn't seem
> to have a rinse cycle only.

===
My Bosch has a "top rack only" wash which might be another option for you.
===

Posted to rec.food.equipment
SBarbour

I have a brand new Miele - well, 1 1/2 years old - and it also has a
top-wash only option. I've used it for small loads, and it works well,
however I don't think that cleaning anything left on the bottom rack can be
avoided (not that you'd want to... just citing my observation).

On the whole, my Miele is the most quiet, best at filtering hard water, and
best cleaning, dishwasher I've ever had. And, I hope I don't have to look
forward to the heating problem the original poster is having with their
older model.

Sharon