Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Problem with KA food processor

While slicing cucumbers with my KFP 590 WH food processor I managed to be
very careless and allowed the container to get very full. So full that
the accumulated slices forced up the cutting disc and it is now stuck to
the lid. I can't seem to get it loose.

Any suggestions, since without the lid the machine doesn't work at all,
and I suspect that a new lid is very expensive.

Thanks for any advice (other than get rid of the machine).

--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Jerry Bank" > wrote in message
> While slicing cucumbers with my KFP 590 WH food processor I managed to be
> very careless and allowed the container to get very full. So full that
> the accumulated slices forced up the cutting disc and it is now stuck to
> the lid. I can't seem to get it loose.
>
> Any suggestions, since without the lid the machine doesn't work at all,
> and I suspect that a new lid is very expensive.
>
> Thanks for any advice (other than get rid of the machine).
>
> --
> Jerry Bank
> Trenton, New Jersey
> Music is the language of the gods.

Depends on what is stuck. Is the blade stuck into the plastic? If so, it
would have to be turned in the opposite direction to loosen.

If it is just wedged, try putting it in the fridge or freezer for an hour.
The temperature differential may shrink the disc enough to loosen.