Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Mystery Utensils

http://i45.tinypic.com/2u63gqd.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/fw57if.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/nfjsk9.jpg

I know that #1 and #3 are fork and knife. Duh.

Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. Very light and strong. The
times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
point, unlike any other forks I've seen. Great for shredding meats
and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
special use in the Italian kitchen.

Knife: Almost too narrow to be a fish fillet or boner. And a
filleting knife would never be serrated. Bakelite handle, "Henry's
Stainless". All the hits for that phrase show the same knife
selling on ebay. Perhaps it was just short-lived design.

Thingy: The onoy one that is a true mystery. Stamped "EckoFlint
Stainless", full tang w/1" curved serrated blade.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message ...
| http://i45.tinypic.com/2u63gqd.jpg
| http://i45.tinypic.com/fw57if.jpg
| http://i46.tinypic.com/nfjsk9.jpg
|
| I know that #1 and #3 are fork and knife. Duh.
|
| Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. Very light and strong. The
| times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
| point, unlike any other forks I've seen. Great for shredding meats
| and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
| pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
| special use in the Italian kitchen.
|
| Knife: Almost too narrow to be a fish fillet or boner. And a
| filleting knife would never be serrated. Bakelite handle, "Henry's
| Stainless". All the hits for that phrase show the same knife
| selling on ebay. Perhaps it was just short-lived design.
|
| Thingy: The onoy one that is a true mystery. Stamped "EckoFlint
| Stainless", full tang w/1" curved serrated blade.

It is a grapefruit knife. After the fruit is cut in half, the curved blade
is pushed up and down between the rind and the fruit, loosening
the fruit from the rind. Then the individual pieces of grapefruit are
separated from the membranes and the grapefruit, with loose pieces
of fruit in original shape, is served.
http://www.surlatable.com/product/id/154410.do

pavane

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:21:40 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>http://i45.tinypic.com/2u63gqd.jpg
>http://i45.tinypic.com/fw57if.jpg
>http://i46.tinypic.com/nfjsk9.jpg
>
>I know that #1 and #3 are fork and knife. Duh.
>
>Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy....

Looks like an aluminum "Granny fork."

>Knife: Almost too narrow to be a fish fillet or boner. And a
>filleting knife would never be serrated. Bakelite handle, "Henry's
>Stainless".

This is a fruit knife. See
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/capric.../item/RL003391

>Thingy: The onoy one that is a true mystery. Stamped "EckoFlint
>Stainless", full tang w/1" curved serrated blade.

Grapefruit knife.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:24:46 -0500, wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:21:40 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2u63gqd.jpg
>>http://i45.tinypic.com/fw57if.jpg
>>http://i46.tinypic.com/nfjsk9.jpg

OK, grapefruit knife it is. My first thought was some sort of
citrus sectioner, but I didn't know there was such a thing as a
actual grapefruit knife.

The knife I'm still not convinced it's a "fruit knife" (whatever
that is). It doesn't match any other pictures of fruit knives.
Then again I don't see anything that differentiates fruit knives
from any other serrated knife.

Which leaves the fork. Granny fork? Granny would have a hard time
getting her mouth open wide enough for this fork. And then her
dentures would get pretty scratched up.

I meant to post this to RFC where I know some Italians hang out, so
I'm crossposting it there now.

Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. Very light and strong. The
times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
point, unlike any other forks I've seen. Great for shredding meats
and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
special use in the Italian kitchen.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:20:52 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>The knife I'm still not convinced it's a "fruit knife" (whatever
>that is). It doesn't match any other pictures of fruit knives.
>Then again I don't see anything that differentiates fruit knives
>from any other serrated knife.

The long, thin, curved blade doesn't differentiate it?

http://www.amazon.com/Pedrini-Fruit-...4913866&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Rösle-12760-Ro...913866&sr=8-16

http://www.amazon.com/Birds-Fruit-Ca...913958&sr=8-28

http://www.amazon.com/Kom-001A-Fruit...913958&sr=8-31

Here are some other styles of fruit knives:

http://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Vegetabl...914016&sr=8-47

http://www.amazon.com/Schrade-Sample...4914078&sr=8-3

I have one similar to the one in your picture, same blade with a
walnut handle. We also have one like the final link above (long,
thin, straight blade folding knife) which we carry in our travel kit
for general use. They're fruit knives. But then you probably wouldn't
believe pictures of them, either.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 8:20*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:24:46 -0500, wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:21:40 -0600, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

> >>http://i45.tinypic.com/2u63gqd.jpg
> >>http://i45.tinypic.com/fw57if.jpg
> >>http://i46.tinypic.com/nfjsk9.jpg

> OK, grapefruit knife it is. *My first thought was some sort of
> citrus sectioner, but I didn't know there was such a thing as a
> actual grapefruit knife.
>
> The knife I'm still not convinced it's a "fruit knife" (whatever
> that is). *It doesn't match any other pictures of fruit knives.
> Then again I don't see anything that differentiates fruit knives
> from any other serrated knife.
>
> Which leaves the fork. *Granny fork? *Granny would have a hard time
> getting her mouth open wide enough for this fork. *And then her
> dentures would get pretty scratched up.
>
> I meant to post this to RFC where I know some Italians hang out, so
> I'm crossposting it there now.
>
> Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. *Very light and strong. *The
> times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
> point, unlike any other forks I've seen. *Great for shredding meats
> and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
> pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
> special use in the Italian kitchen.
>
> -sw

The yellow knife looks like what I've seen and used called a 'tomato'
knife. No clue about the other one.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. Very light and strong. The
> times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
> point, unlike any other forks I've seen. Great for shredding meats
> and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
> pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
> special use in the Italian kitchen.
>
> -sw

Cool fork! Perhaps it is a pastry blending fork. My first thought was
simply a large meat fork for serving -- I have a couple but not with
sharp on the back of the tines.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller; Pirohy, January 25, 2010
The Pirohy Princess is in the Kitchen
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:21:12 -0800 (PST), itsjoannotjoann
> wrote:

>On Jan 30, 8:20*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:24:46 -0500, wrote:

>> OK, grapefruit knife it is. *My first thought was some sort of
>> citrus sectioner, but I didn't know there was such a thing as a
>> actual grapefruit knife.
>>
>> The knife I'm still not convinced it's a "fruit knife" (whatever
>> that is). *It doesn't match any other pictures of fruit knives.
>> Then again I don't see anything that differentiates fruit knives
>> from any other serrated knife.
>>
>> Which leaves the fork. *Granny fork? *Granny would have a hard time
>> getting her mouth open wide enough for this fork. *And then her
>> dentures would get pretty scratched up.
>>
>> I meant to post this to RFC where I know some Italians hang out, so
>> I'm crossposting it there now.
>>
>> Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. *Very light and strong. *The
>> times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
>> point, unlike any other forks I've seen. *Great for shredding meats
>> and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
>> pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
>> special use in the Italian kitchen.
>>
>> -sw

>The yellow knife looks like what I've seen and used called a 'tomato'
>knife. No clue about the other one.

The yellow handled knife with the offset thin serrated blade is a
melon knife, it's used to separate the rind from sections of melon...
so technically it is a fruit knife because it does seem to have a ***
blade....

That knife that folks think is a grapefruit knife is actually only one
half of a grapefruit knife, it's the part that removes the membrane
from any citrus sections. But the more universal grapefruit knife has
a curved blade and is used to both separate the pulp from rind and
also removes the individual membranes... it looks like this:
http://www.surlatable.com/product/id...4-000423bb4e79

That little knife also seems to have a single scalloped edge
(grapefruit/citrus knives always have a serrated/sawtooth edge) so
that is very likely a knife canners use to remove the pit from cling
peaches.

I seriously doubt that oddball aluminum fork is a kitchen/food prep
tool... besides it being of reactive material heat would quickly
travel up its very conductive aluminum handle necessitating use of a
hot pad. Granny forks are almost always of stainless steel, or carbon
steel, and always have a wooden, bakelite, or some sort of insulating
handle. If it's made in Italy it's very probably some sort of manure
fork. LOL
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 11:36:09 -0500, brooklyn1
> wrote:

>I seriously doubt that oddball aluminum fork is a kitchen/food prep
>tool... besides it being of reactive material heat would quickly
>travel up its very conductive aluminum handle necessitating use of a
>hot pad. Granny forks are almost always of stainless steel, or carbon
>steel, and always have a wooden, bakelite, or some sort of insulating
>handle....

These days, there are a number of Granny forks made in other
materials, including some for use with non-stick cookware.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Sqwertz > wrote in message
> http://i45.tinypic.com/2u63gqd.jpg
> http://i45.tinypic.com/fw57if.jpg
> http://i46.tinypic.com/nfjsk9.jpg
>
> I know that #1 and #3 are fork and knife. Duh.

[snip]

I use a similar fork serving green salads. I got a couple from my Sainted
Mother(tm). The center knife is a grapefruit knife. The long, skinny
yellow-handled blade is a fruit knife, for rind fruit.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. Very light and strong. The
> times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
> point, unlike any other forks I've seen. Great for shredding meats
> and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
> pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
> special use in the Italian kitchen.

I believe that fork is a kneading tool. My Nucoa
kneading tool for mixing color into white margarine
has ridges on the backs of the tines, just like
your fork. It's possible your fork was intended
specifically for that purpose. (Though, of course,
that wouldn't prevent it from being used for other
similar purposes.)
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 1/30/2010 3:21 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> http://i45.tinypic.com/2u63gqd.jpg
> http://i45.tinypic.com/fw57if.jpg
> http://i46.tinypic.com/nfjsk9.jpg
>
> I know that #1 and #3 are fork and knife. Duh.
>
> Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. Very light and strong. The
> times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
> point, unlike any other forks I've seen. Great for shredding meats
> and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
> pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
> special use in the Italian kitchen.

I have one of those forks - it is used for making pastry. Check the
King Arthur Flour website - they used to stock them in aluminium, but
last time I saw them, they were being offered in stainless steel.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Cool fork! Perhaps it is a pastry blending fork. My first thought was
> simply a large meat fork for serving -- I have a couple but not with
> sharp on the back of the tines.

I don't know if it was designed to be a pastry blending fork but it sure
looks like the one I use for pastry. The knife in the middle looks like
what I always thought was a grapefruit knife, though I have not seen one
for sale for years.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
m...
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> Cool fork! Perhaps it is a pastry blending fork. My first thought was
>> simply a large meat fork for serving -- I have a couple but not with
>> sharp on the back of the tines.

> I don't know if it was designed to be a pastry blending fork but it sure
> looks like the one I use for pastry.

I looked on the web and did not find a fork like that. I'd like to have
one. The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines. I
did see some forks with widely spaced tines for mixing (they refer to
beating eggs), but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making
pastry, this one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>>> Cool fork! Perhaps it is a pastry blending fork. My first thought was
>>> simply a large meat fork for serving -- I have a couple but not with
>>> sharp on the back of the tines.

>> I don't know if it was designed to be a pastry blending fork but it sure
>> looks like the one I use for pastry.

> I looked on the web and did not find a fork like that. I'd like to have
> one. The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines.
> I did see some forks with widely spaced tines for mixing (they refer to
> beating eggs), but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making
> pastry, this one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?

http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-Stainless...4982145&sr=8-1

http://fantes.com/whisks.html

HTH,
Jinx

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Jinx Minx" > wrote in message

> "Wallace" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> m...

>>> I don't know if it was designed to be a pastry blending fork but it sure
>>> looks like the one I use for pastry.

>> I looked on the web and did not find a fork like that. I'd like to have
>> one. The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines.
>> I did see some forks with widely spaced tines for mixing (they refer to
>> beating eggs), but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making
>> pastry, this one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?
>>

> http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-Stainless...4982145&sr=8-1
>
> http://fantes.com/whisks.html

Hard to tell from the pictures, but they don't look the same as the type in
the O.P.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

> That knife that folks think is a grapefruit knife is actually only one
> half of a grapefruit knife, it's the part that removes the membrane
> from any citrus sections.

That makes no sense at all. Why would the blade be curved for that?
I really don't think it's either. The blade is too curved to be of
any use on a grapefruit. Grape? Yes. But Grapefruit? No.

> I seriously doubt that oddball aluminum fork is a kitchen/food prep
> tool...

Do you know of any other uses for a fork?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:37:56 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. Very light and strong. The
>> times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
>> point, unlike any other forks I've seen. Great for shredding meats
>> and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
>> pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
>> special use in the Italian kitchen.

> Cool fork! Perhaps it is a pastry blending fork. My first thought was
> simply a large meat fork for serving -- I have a couple but not with
> sharp on the back of the tines.

Two votes for pastry fork. That's what I think, too (3 votes).
That why I mentioned it being good for blending shortening/flour.
It's strong, has a wide stance, and has those sharp undersides to
the tines.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:35:51 -0800, Wallace wrote:

> I looked on the web and did not find a fork like that. I'd like to have
> one. The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines. I
> did see some forks with widely spaced tines for mixing (they refer to
> beating eggs), but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making
> pastry, this one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?

I love this fork. But I love a $100 bill better!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Jinx Minx" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wallace" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>>> m...

>>> I looked on the web and did not find a fork like that. I'd like to have
>>> one. The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines.
>>> I did see some forks with widely spaced tines for mixing (they refer to
>>> beating eggs), but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making
>>> pastry, this one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?
>>>

>> http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-Stainless...4982145&sr=8-1
>>
>> http://fantes.com/whisks.html

> Hard to tell from the pictures, but they don't look the same as the type
> in the O.P.

Well they do to me, and these are "blending forks" for pastry, which is what
you asked for.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:37:56 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Sqwertz > wrote:
>>
>>> Fork: Cast aluminum made in Italy. Very light and strong. The
>>> times are quite substantial and the backs of them come to a sharp
>>> point, unlike any other forks I've seen. Great for shredding meats
>>> and incorporating flour and shortening. It would also cut sheets of
>>> pasta into ribbons, I suspect. I'm wondering if this fork has a
>>> special use in the Italian kitchen.

>> Cool fork! Perhaps it is a pastry blending fork. My first thought was
>> simply a large meat fork for serving -- I have a couple but not with
>> sharp on the back of the tines.

> Two votes for pastry fork. That's what I think, too (3 votes).
> That why I mentioned it being good for blending shortening/flour.
> It's strong, has a wide stance, and has those sharp undersides to
> the tines.
>
> -sw

Me four. It's a pastry blending fork.

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:00:10 -0600, Jinx Minx wrote:

> "Wallace" > wrote in message
>
>> Hard to tell from the pictures, but they don't look the same as the type
>> in the O.P.
>>

> Well they do to me, and these are "blending forks" for pastry, which is what
> you asked for.

The link you posted do not have the triangular tines.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 5:35*pm, "Wallace" > wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> >> Cool fork! *Perhaps it is a pastry blending fork. *My first thought was
> >> simply a large meat fork for serving -- I have a couple but not with
> >> sharp on the back of the tines.

> > I don't know if it was designed to be a pastry blending fork but it sure
> > looks like the one I use for pastry.

> I looked on the web and did not find a fork like that. *I'd like to have
> one. The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines. *I
> did see some forks with widely spaced tines for mixing (they refer to
> beating eggs), but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making
> pastry, this one seems ideal. *Where do we buy them?

Why not just use a pastry blender for cutting fat into flour? The job
will go faster as it's larger and covers much more area.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:00:10 -0600, Jinx Minx wrote:
>
>> "Wallace" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Hard to tell from the pictures, but they don't look the same as the type
>>> in the O.P.
>>>

>> Well they do to me, and these are "blending forks" for pastry, which is
>> what
>> you asked for.

> The link you posted do not have the triangular tines.
>
> -sw

Regardless, they're pastry blending forks not table forks, which is what the
original mystery object is. Not all table knives are shaped the same
either, but their function and purpose is the same.

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Jinx Minx" > wrote in message

> "Wallace" > wrote in message

>>> http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-Stainless...4982145&sr=8-1
>>>
>>> http://fantes.com/whisks.html

>> Hard to tell from the pictures, but they don't look the same as the type
>> in the O.P.
>>

> Well they do to me, and these are "blending forks" for pastry, which is
> what you asked for.

ok, buy them and let us know if they have the sharpened rear or triangular
tines. THAT is what I asked for.

Let us know.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
On Jan 31, 5:35 pm, "Wallace" > wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> >> Cool fork! Perhaps it is a pastry blending fork. My first thought was
> >> simply a large meat fork for serving -- I have a couple but not with
> >> sharp on the back of the tines.

> > I don't know if it was designed to be a pastry blending fork but it sure
> > looks like the one I use for pastry.

> I looked on the web and did not find a fork like that. I'd like to have
> one. The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines. I
> did see some forks with widely spaced tines for mixing (they refer to
> beating eggs), but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making
> pastry, this one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?

Why not just use a pastry blender for cutting fat into flour? The job
will go faster as it's larger and covers much more area.

I like to have lots of gadgets, and try different techniques.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Jinx Minx" > wrote in message

>>> Hard to tell from the pictures, but they don't look the same as the type
>>> in the O.P.
>>>

>> Well they do to me, and these are "blending forks" for pastry, which is
>> what you asked for.

> ok, buy them and let us know if they have the sharpened rear or triangular
> tines. THAT is what I asked for.
>
> Let us know.

If these forks are specifically designed for cutting fat into flour, then
what makes you think ones with triangle tines would work better? You said
you like gadgets. Why don't *you* try it and then get back to us if it
doesn't work like you want. Finding a fork ideal for blending pastry (not
eggs) is what you asked for (and which I provided links for), not a fork
with triangle tines for blending pastry. Unless, of course, you're one of
those people that can't eat soup unless using an actual soup spoon...

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

What you said I said:

Finding a fork ideal for blending pastry (not
> eggs) is what you asked for (and which I provided links for), not a fork
> with triangle tines for blending pastry. Unless, of course, you're one
> of those people that can't eat soup unless using an actual soup spoon...

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

You said:
"...but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making pastry, this one
seems ideal. Where do we buy them?" implies you're looking for a fork that
can blend pastry, with the ability to blend pastry as the important factor,
not the triangle tines. If triangle tines are all that matters, then
perhaps you should have written more clearly. So, I stand by everything
I've said.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Jinx Minx" > wrote in message

>> What you said I said:
>>
>> Finding a fork ideal for blending pastry (not
>>> eggs) is what you asked for (and which I provided links for), not a fork
>>> with triangle tines for blending pastry. Unless, of course, you're one
>>> of those people that can't eat soup unless using an actual soup spoon...

> You said:
> "...but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making pastry, this
> one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?" implies you're looking for a fork
> that can blend pastry, with the ability to blend pastry as the important
> factor, not the triangle tines. If triangle tines are all that matters,
> then perhaps you should have written more clearly. So, I stand by
> everything I've said.

You can stand by whatever you want, but I see you do not stand by my entire
statement:

"The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines."

I explicitly stated what I was looking for, you are welcome to "imply"
anything you like.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Jinx Minx" > wrote in message

>>> What you said I said:
>>>
>>> Finding a fork ideal for blending pastry (not
>>>

>> You said:
>> "...but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making pastry, this
>> one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?" implies you're looking for a
>> fork that can blend pastry, with the ability to blend pastry as the
>> important factor, not the triangle tines. If triangle tines are all
>> that matters, then perhaps you should have written more clearly. So, I
>> stand by everything I've said.
>>

> You can stand by whatever you want, but I see you do not stand by my
> entire statement:
>
> "The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines."
>
> I explicitly stated what I was looking for, you are welcome to "imply"
> anything you like.

That would be "infer". What you want then is a fork with triangle tines
(regardless of purpose), not a fork for "cutting fat into flour". So you
can go ahead and stand by your "entire" statement. I'll stand by mine.

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Jinx Minx" > wrote in message

> "Wallace" > wrote in message

>>> You said:
>>> "...but as a utensil for cutting fat into flour when making pastry, this
>>> one seems ideal. Where do we buy them?" implies you're looking for a
>>> fork that can blend pastry, with the ability to blend pastry as the
>>> important factor, not the triangle tines. If triangle tines are all
>>> that matters, then perhaps you should have written more clearly. So, I
>>> stand by everything I've said.
>>>

>> You can stand by whatever you want, but I see you do not stand by my
>> entire statement:
>>
>> "The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines."
>>
>> I explicitly stated what I was looking for, you are welcome to "imply"
>> anything you like.
>>

> That would be "infer". What you want then is a fork with triangle tines
> (regardless of purpose), not a fork for "cutting fat into flour". So you
> can go ahead and stand by your "entire" statement. I'll stand by mine.
>
> Jinx

wow. First you say I "imply" something, now you say the correct term is
"infer".

what a wasted conversation!

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:22:36 -0600, Jinx Minx wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> Well they do to me, and these are "blending forks" for pastry, which is
>>> what
>>> you asked for.

>> The link you posted do not have the triangular tines.
>>
>> -sw

> Regardless,

But that's beside the point of the poster who you originally
responded to, who wanted the super-special tines.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:31:16 -0800, Wallace wrote:

> I explicitly stated what I was looking for, you are welcome to "imply"
> anything you like.

I understood what you wanted, and I even responded to his first post
as such even before I noticed the thread going downhill. Some people
just can't let it go.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:25:45 -0800, Wallace wrote:

> Why not just use a pastry blender for cutting fat into flour? The job
> will go faster as it's larger and covers much more area.
>
> I like to have lots of gadgets, and try different techniques.

This thing also shreds tender chicken, pork butt, and chuck roast
just by pressing down on them with the fork. It doesn't cut the
meat, but the angled tines just spread the meat fibers apart
perfectly.

It will "pull" a 6lb (post-cooked weight) smoked pork butt in about
20 seconds. I just used it on a small 3lb chuck roast for tacos -
about 10 seconds.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Jinx Minx" > wrote in message

>>> You can stand by whatever you want, but I see you do not stand by my
>>> entire statement:
>>>
>>> "The ones I found did not have the sharpened rear part of the tines."
>>>
>>> I explicitly stated what I was looking for, you are welcome to "imply"
>>> anything you like.
>>>

>> That would be "infer". What you want then is a fork with triangle tines
>> (regardless of purpose), not a fork for "cutting fat into flour". So you
>> can go ahead and stand by your "entire" statement. I'll stand by mine.
>>
>> Jinx

> wow. First you say I "imply" something, now you say the correct term is
> "infer".
>
> what a wasted conversation!

In the context of this conversation, *you* imply, *I* infer. Your correct
response should have been "you are welcome to infer anything you like". Not
imply. Learn some grammar.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:22:36 -0600, Jinx Minx wrote:

>>> The link you posted do not have the triangular tines.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Regardless,

> But that's beside the point of the poster who you originally
> responded to, who wanted the super-special tines.
>
> -sw

Yes, super special tines on a fork for blending pastry.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:31:16 -0800, Wallace wrote:
>
>> I explicitly stated what I was looking for, you are welcome to "imply"
>> anything you like.

> I understood what you wanted, and I even responded to his first post
> as such even before I noticed the thread going downhill. Some people
> just can't let it go.
>
> -sw

I understood what he idealized the object as -- a fork that could blend fat
into flour for making pastry. Who cares if the damned tines are triangle or
not if the modern links I provided blend pastry as well as the antique in
the original picture. That's all I was saying. Wallace needs to get a
grip.

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:31:16 -0800, Wallace wrote:
>
>> I explicitly stated what I was looking for, you are welcome to "imply"
>> anything you like.

> I understood what you wanted, and I even responded to his first post
> as such even before I noticed the thread going downhill. Some people
> just can't let it go.
>
> -sw

yeah, I should have let it go. It was pretty clear what I said. Maybe he
is just screwing with us.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:31:16 -0800, Wallace wrote:
>>
>>> I explicitly stated what I was looking for, you are welcome to "imply"
>>> anything you like.

>> I understood what you wanted, and I even responded to his first post
>> as such even before I noticed the thread going downhill. Some people
>> just can't let it go.
>>
>> -sw

> yeah, I should have let it go. It was pretty clear what I said. Maybe he
> is just screwing with us.

No, "she" is not screwing with you. So go ahead and waste your life waiting
to make pastry until you find a fork with triangle tines. Meanwhile, the
rest of us can continue on successfully blending our pastries with our
non-triangle tined forks specifically designed for such purpose. I suppose
you won't mash potatoes either, without the exact right masher?

Jinx