Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default How not to wash dishes

Suppose you employed two people to wash your dishes, where the first
merely rinses, and the second does poor unreliable job of washing.
Does not sound like a good idea does it? Ineffective and wasteful.

Now, replace the second one with a machine. Is that any better?

Of course, to do this experiment you have to find some sort of machine
that washes dishes badly. How do find such a machine? Perhaps the
easiest way is to use a regular dishwasher but cause it to do a poor
job. You could, say, overload it or fail to follow the loading
instructions in the manual.

But wait. Is it not the case that tens of millions of people wash
their dishes in just this manner religously every day?
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:03:16 -0700 (PDT), Tom Adams > wrote:

>But wait. Is it not the case that tens of millions of people wash
>their dishes in just this manner religously every day?

Yes, they do, which is why we don't bother. We just scrape them off and let the
cats lick them clean.

When these two die, we're going to get two more and name them Maytag and
Kenmore.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Tom Adams said...

> But wait. Is it not the case that tens of millions of people wash
> their dishes in just this manner religously every day?

Obviously you haven't figured out any other dish washing options. Ya FIDIOT!

Andy
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Adams View Post
Suppose you employed two people to wash your dishes, where the first
merely rinses, and the second does poor unreliable job of washing.
Does not sound like a good idea does it? Ineffective and wasteful.

Now, replace the second one with a machine. Is that any better?

Of course, to do this experiment you have to find some sort of machine
that washes dishes badly. How do find such a machine? Perhaps the
easiest way is to use a regular dishwasher but cause it to do a poor
job. You could, say, overload it or fail to follow the loading
instructions in the manual.

But wait. Is it not the case that tens of millions of people wash
their dishes in just this manner religously every day?
Use disposable plates, like paper plates. So that you can avoid washing dishes.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Tom wrote:

> Suppose you employed two people to wash your dishes, where the first
> merely rinses, and the second does poor unreliable job of washing.
> Does not sound like a good idea does it? Ineffective and wasteful.
>
> Now, replace the second one with a machine. Is that any better?
>
> Of course, to do this experiment you have to find some sort of machine
> that washes dishes badly. How do find such a machine? Perhaps the
> easiest way is to use a regular dishwasher but cause it to do a poor
> job. You could, say, overload it or fail to follow the loading
> instructions in the manual.
>
> But wait. Is it not the case that tens of millions of people wash
> their dishes in just this manner religously every day?

Which religion has its followers do THAT?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.equipment

cvining said...

> Tom Adams;1387009 Wrote:
>> Suppose you employed two people to wash your dishes, where the first
>> merely rinses, and the second does poor unreliable job of washing.
>> Does not sound like a good idea does it? Ineffective and wasteful.
>>
>> Now, replace the second one with a machine. Is that any better?
>>
>> Of course, to do this experiment you have to find some sort of machine
>> that washes dishes badly. How do find such a machine? Perhaps the
>> easiest way is to use a regular dishwasher but cause it to do a poor
>> job. You could, say, overload it or fail to follow the loading
>> instructions in the manual.
>>
>> But wait. Is it not the case that tens of millions of people wash
>> their dishes in just this manner religously every day?

> Use disposable plates, like paper plates. So that you can avoid washing
> dishes.

That describes me to a "T"!!!

The sole purpose for my annual wholesale club pilgrimage! Plus plastic
cups, forks, knives and spoons.

It could take me a week to fill up the dishwasher. I wash pots & pans &
real utensils in the sink.

Andy
"Paper & Plastic, Please!"
Member

Washing dishes is one of the most dreaded kitchen chores, which means that many people tend to rush through it. "Doing the dishes" haphazardly can result in a poor cleaning job. Thoroughly cleaning all dishes is important for both sanitary and aesthetic reasons. Also dry you dishes after you washed it.

Watch your dishes wash Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 53 13-09-2015 06:41 AM
WASH YOR CAN Brooklyn1 General Cooking 61 14-08-2013 04:59 AM
OT- Wash DC Musashi Sushi 3 01-04-2005 02:41 AM
Commercial Frozen Fruit/Vegetables: To wash or not to wash? Dan Epstein Vegan 1 15-03-2005 08:16 AM
question about HOW TO WASH DISHES?????? barb28 Cooking Equipment 3 19-05-2004 03:20 PM