Musashi

Default OT- Wash DC

Hi
A bit off-topic maybe, but I plan to be in
Washington DC for a weekend in April,
hopefully to catch the cherry blossoms.
If anyone has any food place recommendations, Japanese or otherwise, please
suggest.
Thanks VM
Musashi

Greg Muncill

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:48:16 GMT, "Musashi" >
wrote:

>Hi
>A bit off-topic maybe, but I plan to be in
>Washington DC for a weekend in April,
>hopefully to catch the cherry blossoms.
>If anyone has any food place recommendations, Japanese or otherwise, please
>suggest.
>Thanks VM
>Musashi

The oldest Sushi restaurant in DC is Sushi-ko
on Wisconsin just north of Georgetown. We
don't get there too often with family responsibilities
but it's still our favorite sush place. It's not cheap
but the quality is very good. They started out in
1976. They also have a very upscale (in price and
small portions) Japanese restaurant in Georgetown
called Makoto. They have sushi but really specialize
in a tasting menu. I haven't been there but some
people really like it for the food, but some don't like
the small tables, sitting on boxes, and the smaller
portions - although all say the food quality is excellent.

Other than that there are also a variety of other
very good resaturants. I tend to go for the ethnic
mix such as Bombay Club for Indian on Connecticut
Avenue below Dupont Circle. For Spanish Tapas
I like Jaleo on Seventh St. near Chinatown. Tell
me what your "otherwise" likes are and I may be
able to suggest something.

You might also want to take a look through the Washington
Post online restaurant guide. They have some of the
critics reviews, but they also have people who post
their own reviews. www.washingtonpost.com

Greg Muncill

Musashi

"Greg Muncill" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:48:16 GMT, "Musashi" >
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >A bit off-topic maybe, but I plan to be in
> >Washington DC for a weekend in April,
> >hopefully to catch the cherry blossoms.
> >If anyone has any food place recommendations, Japanese or otherwise,

please
> >suggest.
> >Thanks VM
> >Musashi
> >

> The oldest Sushi restaurant in DC is Sushi-ko
> on Wisconsin just north of Georgetown. We
> don't get there too often with family responsibilities
> but it's still our favorite sush place. It's not cheap
> but the quality is very good. They started out in
> 1976. They also have a very upscale (in price and
> small portions) Japanese restaurant in Georgetown
> called Makoto. They have sushi but really specialize
> in a tasting menu. I haven't been there but some
> people really like it for the food, but some don't like
> the small tables, sitting on boxes, and the smaller
> portions - although all say the food quality is excellent.

I presume this is a branch store of the Ginza Sushi-Ko.

> Other than that there are also a variety of other
> very good resaturants. I tend to go for the ethnic
> mix such as Bombay Club for Indian on Connecticut
> Avenue below Dupont Circle. For Spanish Tapas
> I like Jaleo on Seventh St. near Chinatown. Tell
> me what your "otherwise" likes are and I may be
> able to suggest something.

Probably good seafood.

> You might also want to take a look through the Washington
> Post online restaurant guide. They have some of the
> critics reviews, but they also have people who post
> their own reviews. www.washingtonpost.com

I will do that, thanks.
As I will not have a car I'll be relying I guess on the subway system
and taxis.

Greg Muncill

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:05:58 GMT, "Musashi" >
wrote:

>I presume this is a branch store of the Ginza Sushi-Ko.

Might have been originally, but I think it has been
owned by a "local" transplant from Japan for a lot
of years. There are a lot of locals who now run sushi
places that got there start there.

>> Tell
>> me what your "otherwise" likes are and I may be
>> able to suggest something.
>>

>Probably good seafood.

My wife swears by Kinkaed's Restaurant on Pennsylvania
Avenue, but we haven't been able to arrange for me to
get there yet ;>{. Check out the review on the Washington
Post.

>> You might also want to take a look through the Washington
>> Post online restaurant guide. They have some of the
>> critics reviews, but they also have people who post
>> their own reviews. www.washingtonpost.com

>I will do that, thanks.
>As I will not have a car I'll be relying I guess on the subway system
>and taxis.

Sushi-ko and anything in Georgetown would be a taxi ride,
as there are no nearby Metro stops. Kinkaed's is pretty
close to the metro.

Greg Muncill

WASH YOR CAN Brooklyn1 General Cooking 61 14-08-2013 04:59 AM
To Wash or Not to Wash.... Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 133 31-08-2007 05:12 AM
Vegetable wash ??? MAB General Cooking 44 07-10-2006 04:01 PM
OT- Wash DC Musashi Sushi 0 30-03-2005 04:48 PM
Commercial Frozen Fruit/Vegetables: To wash or not to wash? Dan Epstein Vegan 1 15-03-2005 08:16 AM