Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default When You Buy A Quality Appliance

I have just finished rejuvenating my Cuisinart Lil Pro Plus™ food
processor.

I bought it in 1995, IIRC, because of its small size. We were planning
to sell our house in 1996 and live in an RV, which we did for 9 years,
so small and light were important. We were living in Central New Jersey
not far from the big Conair warehouse in East Windsor. Conair is the
distributor for Cuisinart. Every year the public could go to the
warehouse and purchase Conair and Cuisinart products at a deep discount.
Some of these products were "reconditioned" and I think my processor was
as the recipe book was an assembly of photocopied sheets stapled together.

The machine has served me awesomely well. It has been used at least
twice a week since I purchased it. I use it to juice the wonderful
citrus we get here in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas.

I needed to replace the stem that holds the disks as it was getting
really grungy and yellowed. I replaced the stem and the blade two years
ago. I recently decided that the bowl and the cracked lid needed
replacement so I ordered them from Cuisinart and while I was paying
shipping, I added the slicing disk that I had lost along the way. The
whole deal was around $20 and now I have a beautiful new machine with a
motor every bit as strong and capable as it was when new.

I paid about $50 for the machine. It's a shame that its been
discontinued by Cuisinart, but mine has a whole new life ahead of it.

Here are the URLs for the machine in case anyone wants to find one on e-bay

http://www.cuisinart.com/discontinue...id=62&cat_id=7

or

http://tinyurl.com/8wh447
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message

snipped by Dee for replying:

>I have just finished rejuvenating my Cuisinart Lil Pro Plus™ food
>processor.
>
> I bought it in 1995, IIRC, because of its small size. We were planning to
> sell our house in 1996 and live in an RV, which we did for 9 years, so
> small and light were important. We were living in Central New Jersey not
> far from the big Conair warehouse in East Windsor. Conair is the
> distributor for Cuisinart. Every year the public could go to the warehouse
> and purchase Conair and Cuisinart products at a deep discount. Some of
> these products were "reconditioned" and I think my processor was as the
> recipe book was an assembly of photocopied sheets stapled together.
>
> The machine has served me awesomely well. It has been used at least twice
> a week since I purchased it. I use it to juice the wonderful citrus we get
> here in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/8wh447

Perhaps a bit of hyperbole, but:
In 1976 or thereabouts, things were darned dull living on an island in
Washington and DH gone for one year, seeing him 1 day that year. I heard
late one night a talk show from San Francisco, and a host was talking about
something called a Cuisinart. I called DH in South America and told him I
(we) were moving back to San Francisco; but it turned out to be Marin County
[land of the peacock feathers at that time.] I could say that a Cuisinart
might have been my very first small electrical appliance.

There is a 'citrus' juicer attachment for the KitchenAid food processor
which I have and use for doing a bag of lemons and/or limes. One does have
to push down with a wide-wide sturdy handle which is attached, which makes
it simpler than holding it in place with your hands, like a regular citrus
grinder such as the Brun [the model you hold citrus in place with hand].

I will add to your posting by saying I LOVE electrical appliances. I used
two today that was my decision to use when instead I could have done by
hand.

One was a bread maker. My recipe for the starter failed - reason, I
unknowingly used a wrong-type flour, so instead of messing around with it, I
plopped it in the bread maker, watched it and added what I thought to make
it come out right and let the bread-maker do the work to correct the recipe.
Good bread!

Secondly, I used a rice maker instead of the stove, which I do frequently to
make a large amount of rice for left-over rice, as well.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Dee Randall wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>
> snipped by Dee for replying:
>
>> I have just finished rejuvenating my Cuisinart Lil Pro Plus™ food
>> processor.
>>
>> I bought it in 1995, IIRC, because of its small size. We were planning to
>> sell our house in 1996 and live in an RV, which we did for 9 years, so
>> small and light were important. We were living in Central New Jersey not
>> far from the big Conair warehouse in East Windsor. Conair is the
>> distributor for Cuisinart. Every year the public could go to the warehouse
>> and purchase Conair and Cuisinart products at a deep discount. Some of
>> these products were "reconditioned" and I think my processor was as the
>> recipe book was an assembly of photocopied sheets stapled together.
>>
>> The machine has served me awesomely well. It has been used at least twice
>> a week since I purchased it. I use it to juice the wonderful citrus we get
>> here in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/8wh447

> Perhaps a bit of hyperbole, but:
> In 1976 or thereabouts, things were darned dull living on an island in
> Washington and DH gone for one year, seeing him 1 day that year. I heard
> late one night a talk show from San Francisco, and a host was talking about
> something called a Cuisinart. I called DH in South America and told him I
> (we) were moving back to San Francisco; but it turned out to be Marin County
> [land of the peacock feathers at that time.] I could say that a Cuisinart
> might have been my very first small electrical appliance.
>
> There is a 'citrus' juicer attachment for the KitchenAid food processor
> which I have and use for doing a bag of lemons and/or limes. One does have
> to push down with a wide-wide sturdy handle which is attached, which makes
> it simpler than holding it in place with your hands, like a regular citrus
> grinder such as the Brun [the model you hold citrus in place with hand].
>

> I will add to your posting by saying I LOVE electrical appliances. I used
> two today that was my decision to use when instead I could have done by
> hand.
>
> One was a bread maker. My recipe for the starter failed - reason, I
> unknowingly used a wrong-type flour, so instead of messing around with it, I
> plopped it in the bread maker, watched it and added what I thought to make
> it come out right and let the bread-maker do the work to correct the recipe.
> Good bread!
>
> Secondly, I used a rice maker instead of the stove, which I do frequently to
> make a large amount of rice for left-over rice, as well.
>
> Dee Dee

I have a B&D steamer which also makes excellent rice. I don't have a
bread machine. I need to feel the dough to know if it's right. I can't
even use the Kitchen Aide™ to knead bread, I have to do it by hand.

Yes, I know I'm a bit nutz.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> I have a B&D steamer which also makes excellent rice. I don't have a
> bread machine. I need to feel the dough to know if it's right. I can't
> even use the Kitchen Aide to knead bread, I have to do it by hand.
>
> Yes, I know I'm a bit nutz.

No, you're an artisan. Nothing wrong with that.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

jt august wrote:
> In article >,
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> I have a B&D steamer which also makes excellent rice. I don't have a
>> bread machine. I need to feel the dough to know if it's right. I can't
>> even use the Kitchen Aide to knead bread, I have to do it by hand.
>>
>> Yes, I know I'm a bit nutz.

> No, you're an artisan. Nothing wrong with that.
>
> jt

Thank you.

Janet, blushing. <g>