Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Juicers: Recommendations on affordable one that works well?

In article >,
wrote:

> Thinking abt buying a juicer.......
>
> Any real world advice on them?
>
> What model you own and like?
>
> Thanks!

I've sold Juiceman Juicers at Famous-Barr/Macy's. Those who got them
seem to like them, and they are still selling. I have an old Juice
Factory made by Sweda. Got it for 50 cents at a garage sale back in the
90's. I use it when I need a vegatable broth for soups and sauces (the
canned $#!+ is way too salty, I hate excessive salt).

Having looked at the newer Juiceman line, the engineering is similar to
mine, but it has better seals so juices can't leak out. Mine has one
spot where I tend to lose about 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice for 2
cups produced, but for the price I paid, I ain't complaining, I just
keep the dishcloth on standby.

Finding them used like I did is hit more miss, more miss. I usually
only see one, maybe 2 per year. A quick st. louis craigslist search
found a Juiceman for $25, and others ranging from $20 to $70. On ePay,
I found a Hamilton Beach for $10 plus $10 shipping, but with 22 minutes
left on it, I am guessing it will be gone by the time you read this.

Now if you are talking citrus juicers, I have a table top model that
turns on automoatically as soon as you press a lemon half on it, and the
juice falls into a pitcher very conveniently. Great for making a fast
pitcher of limeade or lemonade, and the parts are dishwasher safe.
These come up at the thrifts often enough for under $10 each, and if you
juice lemons, limes, oranges or similar in quantity with any regualrity,
I recommend these whole heartedly.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>nI actuality, to cover all bases, one needs both a blender and a juicer.

How come?
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mon 12 Jan 2009 03:05:48p, told us...

> Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>nI actuality, to cover all bases, one needs both a blender and a juicer.

> How come?

You'd be wise to look them both up. Neither performs the function of both.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Monday, 01(I)/12(XII)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
6dys 4hrs 50mins
I don't want to die -- existence is one of my strong points.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt august[_2_] View Post
In article ,
wrote:

[...]

I know some site which offer cheap price of kitchen equipments.. Here LionsDeal Restaurant and Kitchen Supplies and Equipment.
http://www.lionsdeal.com

Best Juicers Out There? lourdesgourmet Cooking Equipment 0 18-07-2011 12:16 AM
Juicers: Recommendations on affordable one that works well? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 63 10-02-2009 02:46 PM
Juicers metspitzer General Cooking 7 28-06-2008 08:54 PM
30% more than which other juicers? mm General Cooking 5 24-02-2007 05:55 PM
Advice about juicers usual suspect Vegan 11 11-11-2003 05:06 PM