Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Programable Breadmaker

Does anyone know of a programable breadmaker that works?
I'd especially like to be able to program for a very long rise, 12 or so
hours. This may be insane, as with a very long slow rise, you could have
what you want in 8 hours or 16 hours.
TIA,

Kent

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Stu Stu is offline

On Jul 4, 5:50 pm, "Kent" > wrote:
> Does anyone know of a programable breadmaker that works?
> I'd especially like to be able to program for a very long rise, 12 or so
> hours. This may be insane, as with a very long slow rise, you could have
> what you want in 8 hours or 16 hours.
> TIA,
>
> Kent

Hi Kent, I have a Prima home baking bread maker which works really
well. I have had it for about 5 years and never had a problem. I can't
remember where I bought it, but it was just a standard department
store.

Stu
www.fagorboilingandbrattpans.com

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Jul 4, 12:50 pm, "Kent" > wrote:
> Does anyone know of a programable breadmaker that works?
> I'd especially like to be able to program for a very long rise, 12 or so
> hours. This may be insane, as with a very long slow rise, you could have
> what you want in 8 hours or 16 hours.
> TIA,
>
> Kent

Kent, I've never heard of letting bread dough rise for 12 hours. I am
curious as to what happens to the crust? Does it become thick when
exposed to the air for so long a time? Tell us about the "special
purpose" you have in mind.

My Breadman (as do most of the others) allows me to delay the mixing
process with a built in timer -- for many hours, but once the signal
is delivered to start the mixing, the rise times are pre-programmed.
I realize that this is not the same as a "very long rise time."

I also used to own one of the original Wellbuilt/DAK glass domed Bread
Machines that looked like the robot R2D2 -- but that was a very long
time ago. It operated similar to my current Breadman.

Gary

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Dear Gary,

The bread can be made from ordinary flour, water, salt, and a1/4 tsp
yeast, with no labor and results in artisan-quality bread.
The recipe is reproducible, forgiving, inexpensive, and dead simple.
The secret is adding much more water and time taking the place of
kneading and time gives the yeast a chance to develop a deep flavor.
A breadmaker's oven can inject steam. Using simple crockery and the
extra water yields the crust you normally cannot get in home baking.

Google search "no-knead bread Lahey Sullivan" for details.

Regards ... Les

On Jul 12, 12:16 am, zydecogary > wrote:
> I've never heard of letting bread dough rise for 12 hours. I am
> curious as to what happens to the crust? Does it become thick when
> exposed to the air for so long a time? Tell us about the "special
> purpose" you have in mind.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Jul 4, 12:50 pm, "Kent" > wrote:
> Does anyone know of a programable breadmaker that works?
> I'd especially like to be able to program for a very long rise, 12 or so
> hours. This may be insane, as with a very long slow rise, you could have
> what you want in 8 hours or 16 hours.
> TIA,
>
> Kent

Mix it in the morning, put it in the refrigerator to rise, (if you
work, when you get home) take it out to warm up, put it back in the
breadmaker. If it has a setting that bypasses, or if you can bypass
the mixing, set it there.

If it doesn't have that setting, put it back in the breadmaker (after
warming up) and let it start all over again -- try it. If it doesn't
work, what have you lost -- not much.

Dee Dee