Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Cuisinart Non-Stick Baking Sheets @ Costco

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Clas.../dp/B0000ULZXQ
or
http://tinyurl.com/2bm8xd

If you are looking for baking sheets; these baking sheets sell for
$15.99 "EACH" at Amazon, correct me if I'm wrong.

I bought a box of 3 for $17.99 at Costco today; they look fantastic.

Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Dee Dee" > wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Clas.../dp/B0000ULZXQ
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/2bm8xd
>
> If you are looking for baking sheets; these baking sheets sell for
> $15.99 "EACH" at Amazon, correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> I bought a box of 3 for $17.99 at Costco today; they look fantastic.
>
> Dee

Funny about pricing on Amazon. Right now, for me, they show up as $12.99.
Maybe they lowered the price because you posted! ;-)

Sometimes I'm leery about internet pricing. Do we all see the same prices? I
know Best Buy plays games and is currently being investigated by the
Connecticut attorney general. I'd see a different price in the store than I
saw on the net. Okay, I can understand that. So I asked for a price match to
the web site. The clerk went to the Best Buy web site and what do you know,
the online price was the same as the shelf price. This was about a half hour
after I checked from home. It turns out the Best Buy web site from inside
the store is not the same "place" as the one from out on the public net.
They did give me the lower price anyway, but it was a hassle. These days
I'll print out the internet price before going to the store.

----
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"wff_ng_7" > wrote:
> Sometimes I'm leery about internet pricing. Do we all see the same prices?
> I know Best Buy plays games and is currently being investigated by the
> Connecticut attorney general. I'd see a different price in the store than
> I saw on the net. Okay, I can understand that. So I asked for a price
> match to the web site. The clerk went to the Best Buy web site and what do
> you know, the online price was the same as the shelf price. This was about
> a half hour after I checked from home. It turns out the Best Buy web site
> from inside the store is not the same "place" as the one from out on the
> public net. They did give me the lower price anyway, but it was a hassle.
> These days I'll print out the internet price before going to the store.

Just for reference, about the scheme Best Buy uses and the Connecticut
investigation:

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc...,5958191.story

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 13 Mar 2007 21:45:55 -0700, "Dee Dee" > wrote:

>If you are looking for baking sheets; these baking sheets sell for
>$15.99 "EACH" at Amazon, correct me if I'm wrong.
>
>I bought a box of 3 for $17.99 at Costco today; they look fantastic.

I'm seeing the 12.99 Amazon price too. 17.99 for three sounds like a great deal.

My experience is that non-stick on baking sheets doesn't hold up very well. I'm
sticking with plain, very heavy aluminum pans with Silpat when it's needed.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mar 14, 11:35 am, "wff_ng_7" > wrote:
> "Dee Dee" > wrote:
> >http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Clas...re-17-Inch/dp/...
> > or
> >http://tinyurl.com/2bm8xd

> > If you are looking for baking sheets; these baking sheets sell for
> > $15.99 "EACH" at Amazon, correct me if I'm wrong.

> > I bought a box of 3 for $17.99 at Costco today; they look fantastic.

> > Dee

> Funny about pricing on Amazon. Right now, for me, they show up as $12.99.
> Maybe they lowered the price because you posted! ;-)
>
> Sometimes I'm leery about internet pricing. Do we all see the same prices? I
> know Best Buy plays games and is currently being investigated by the
> Connecticut attorney general. I'd see a different price in the store than I
> saw on the net. Okay, I can understand that. So I asked for a price match to
> the web site. The clerk went to the Best Buy web site and what do you know,
> the online price was the same as the shelf price. This was about a half hour
> after I checked from home. It turns out the Best Buy web site from inside
> the store is not the same "place" as the one from out on the public net.
> They did give me the lower price anyway, but it was a hassle. These days
> I'll print out the internet price before going to the store.
>
> ----
> wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

We've had the same thing happen. There are two electronic stores that
we've been to that have pulled some stunts. One in particular where
you order online, then you go to the store to pick up. We ALWAYS
carry a website page that advertised at that price, and the price
confirmation which we bought, etc. etc. Arm ourselves with all sorts
of printouts :-))

Another one (now I'm thinking of TWO!) advertises at a certain price
and you go in and they don't have the product. I hate the excuse that
"well, maybe it that price in OTHER stores, but we don't carry it
here.

We're on to their shenanigans!
Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

> Just for reference, about the scheme Best Buy uses and the Connecticut
> investigation:
>
> http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc...eb10,0,5958191...

Yes, I've seen this. I was surprised and gladdened to hear this.

There is another similar store in CT that DH shops the ads and has
been disappointed in one way or another - but it is not a successful
enterprise such as Best Buy.

Winchester, VA is growing like wildfire, and Best Buy is opening a
store in the coming months. When we are in the Fairfax, VA, people
are really heavily shopping there, so it will probably do well in
Winchester. I find that Best Buy has the snarliest boys waiting on
customers; some are brilliant and some are .....

Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mar 14, 1:31 pm, pltrgyst > wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2007 21:45:55 -0700, "Dee Dee" > wrote:
>
> >If you are looking for baking sheets; these baking sheets sell for
> >$15.99 "EACH" at Amazon, correct me if I'm wrong.

> >I bought a box of 3 for $17.99 at Costco today; they look fantastic.

> I'm seeing the 12.99 Amazon price too. 17.99 for three sounds like a great deal.
>
> My experience is that non-stick on baking sheets doesn't hold up very well. I'm
> sticking with plain, very heavy aluminum pans with Silpat when it's needed.
>
> -- Larry

You peeked my interest.
My old heavy aluminum baking sheets measure the same size on the
bottom, The older ones' sides flare out, whereas the new are almost
straight up. (I use mostly aluminum foil or parchment paper on the
bottom.)

Old - 2 lb. .01 oz.

New 2 lb. 8.3 oz.

My math may be wrong, but the new ones are about 25% heavier.
But, as you say, the non-stick may not hold up very well.

Thanks.
Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Dee Dee" > wrote:
> We've had the same thing happen. There are two electronic stores that
> we've been to that have pulled some stunts. One in particular where
> you order online, then you go to the store to pick up. We ALWAYS
> carry a website page that advertised at that price, and the price
> confirmation which we bought, etc. etc. Arm ourselves with all sorts
> of printouts :-))

The one time you can't bring in the printouts is if you are buying ink for
the printer! I had that problem once when I went to Staples. The web price
was less than the store price. Luckily at Staples the in-store web site was
the same as the public web site and had the lower price I was looking for.

----
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Dee Dee" > wrote:
> Winchester, VA is growing like wildfire, and Best Buy is opening a
> store in the coming months. When we are in the Fairfax, VA, people
> are really heavily shopping there, so it will probably do well in
> Winchester. I find that Best Buy has the snarliest boys waiting on
> customers; some are brilliant and some are .....

You are not kidding. The thing I hate most is the high pressure to buy
accessories or extended warranties for their products. At Best Buy, my
experience has been it's impossible to get help in the first place, but then
when you finally get a clerk they try to force all this stuff on you.

It reminds me of the old days trying to walk through the major appliance
department of a Sears store unscathed. The salesmen (and they all were men
back then) were like vultures, ready to tear into anyone passing through. I
found by walking very fast and looking straight ahead, I could usually make
it through unmolested! ;-)

----
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 14 Mar 2007 11:11:42 -0700, "Dee Dee" > wrote:

>You peeked my interest.
>My old heavy aluminum baking sheets measure the same size on the
>bottom, The older ones' sides flare out, whereas the new are almost
>straight up. (I use mostly aluminum foil or parchment paper on the
>bottom.)
>
>Old - 2 lb. .01 oz.
>
>New 2 lb. 8.3 oz.
>
>My math may be wrong, but the new ones are about 25% heavier.

Hmmm -- OK, I just went downstairs and weighed. 8

The non-non-stick Chicago Metallics I bought a couple of weeks ago at Sur la
Table are 2 lb. 9-3/4 oz., with very straight sides. My two old ones, on
non-stick and one plain, are both around 2 lb. 8 oz. The only lighter ones I've
sen were light gauge steel, rather than aluminized.

How'd we get onto this anyway? 8

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mar 14, 11:03 pm, pltrgyst > wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2007 11:11:42 -0700, "Dee Dee" > wrote:
>
> >You peeked my interest.
> >My old heavy aluminum baking sheets measure the same size on the
> >bottom, The older ones' sides flare out, whereas the new are almost
> >straight up. (I use mostly aluminum foil or parchment paper on the
> >bottom.)

> >Old - 2 lb. .01 oz.

> >New 2 lb. 8.3 oz.

> >My math may be wrong, but the new ones are about 25% heavier.

> Hmmm -- OK, I just went downstairs and weighed. 8
>
> The non-non-stick Chicago Metallics I bought a couple of weeks ago at Sur la
> Table are 2 lb. 9-3/4 oz., with very straight sides. My two old ones, on
> non-stick and one plain, are both around 2 lb. 8 oz. The only lighter ones I've
> sen were light gauge steel, rather than aluminized.
>
> How'd we get onto this anyway? 8
>
> -- Larry

Next -- if there is a next - time I'll take my kitchen scales with me
when I purchase baking sheets. :-))

You say, "How'd we get into this..."
Well, I was just born this way.
We are having some more landscape work done, stone walls, etc., and a
new contractor came around early this morning - DH called me to enter
the conversation; pity the guy for what he'll be going thru if he has
much contact with me. I try to stay out of it for this very reason. I
know I drive them nuts!

BTAIM (be that as it may), your Chicago Metallic sounds great. I've
been trying to decide between a CM and Matfer pullman loaf pan for a
looooong time. I will consider Chicago Metallic a little closer now.
Any comments welcome.

Thanks.
Dee