Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Looking for a new "contact" grill recommendations

We have had a George Foreman (larger size) for about 6-7 years. It works
well, but there are two fualts that really are frustrating. One is that the
way that the grease is drained is a little tray, yet most of the time, the
grease drips back under the grill to far to make it into the tray. The other
thing is that the grill panels are not removable for washing.

I know that there are grills out there that solve these issues and am
looking for a suggestion. We have 2 kids and them my wife and myself, so we
need something that can make at the least, 4 sandwiches. I like the idea of
interchangable grill panels

What would you suggest?

Thanks
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.equipment
DMG DMG is offline

Bruce wrote:

> We have had a George Foreman (larger size) for about 6-7 years. It
> works well, but there are two fualts that really are frustrating. One
> is that the way that the grease is drained is a little tray, yet most
> of the time, the grease drips back under the grill to far to make it
> into the tray. The other thing is that the grill panels are not
> removable for washing.

My George recently went kaput. I was gonna get the new one with
interchangeable and removeable grills that can be placed in the
dishwasher or washed by hand in the sink (my preference). The Cuisinart
was about $20 cheaper and I got it and am very happy with it. Same
features.

--
Poseur
12/8/2006 6:46:28 PM