D. Ross

Default what pump expresso machine do I buy

"Ghod" > wrote:

| Generally, I would agree with you, but the fact is, the OED states
| that 'expresso' is a legitmate alternate. I didn't like the belief
| that just because you can get hits on Google with a spelling, makes it
| legit, it doesn't. The OED, on the other hand, is solid.

My OED predates the drink by many years. I would hesitate to describe newer
editions as "solid", though of course they still trump the competition.

Hmm, I see the latest OED online defines `espresso' as "Coffee made under
steam pressure; the apparatus used for making this; a coffee-bar where it is
sold."

I guess I'll head down to the espresso, and trust that their barista can
coax his espresso to make me one of those nice 1-bar espressos.

- David R.
--
Less information than you ever thought possible:
http://www.demitasse.net