Aaron L.

Default Hershy Penn.

The shows about the hershey HQ in PA are awsome. Has anybody everbeen
there and can I have some hints.
Tea

"Aaron L." > wrote in message
om...
> The shows about the hershey HQ in PA are awsome. Has anybody everbeen
> there and can I have some hints.

First- what shows? This is an international list- most of the people here
probably can't get American tv, so you need to be less vague. Second- hints
on what? On watching tv? On how to find Hershey PA on a map? What?

cherub

I was there with my parents MANY years ago (I'm old but not ancient :>)
First thing that catches your attention are the street lights, shaped
like chocolate 'kisses'. I don't know if it's still the same way today,
but my family toured the plant and at the end we went inside a gift shop
with all KINDS of delectable treats!

Aaron L. wrote:
> The shows about the hershey HQ in PA are awsome. Has anybody everbeen
> there and can I have some hints.

Trish

Hi Aaron,
I have been there with our four kids - they had an awesome time at the park
right next door. We went through the factory, which is just a ride through
a "simulated" factory. You never actually see the real factory, for health
reasons, this is not allowed. So, in that respect it was a bit of a let
down, but
they do make it as real as possible, including the smell of chocolate while
on
the ride. Be prepared to spend money at the end of the tour, because they
have
a great store with all of their candies, including a lot of stuff you can't
buy in a store.
As far as hints go, if you also want to go to the amusement park, buy your
admission
tickets ahead of time for greater discounts. Otherwise, you can buy tickets
at hotels
in the area cheaper than at the gate. For the factory tours, go as early as
possible to
avoid the wait in line.
Patty
"Aaron L." > wrote in message
om...
> The shows about the hershey HQ in PA are awsome. Has anybody everbeen
> there and can I have some hints.

Rocky

In article >, cherub
> wrote:

> I was there with my parents MANY years ago (I'm old but not ancient :>)
> First thing that catches your attention are the street lights, shaped
> like chocolate 'kisses'. I don't know if it's still the same way today,
> but my family toured the plant and at the end we went inside a gift shop
> with all KINDS of delectable treats!
>
> Aaron L. wrote:
> > The shows about the hershey HQ in PA are awsome. Has anybody everbeen
> > there and can I have some hints.

Yes, the street lights are still there (as of last year, anyway).

Hershey's still a great place to visit. I was there as a kid when the
tour was still of the actual factory. It smelled great! The fake tour
smelled of paint the first time I was there, but it was new then.

Rocky

zolw

HErshey SUCKS!

I can't believe that there are tormented souls that actually think that
Hershey is any good. The grocery store type chocolates that are made in
the US are lacking in chocolate quality. Back home chocolates melt in
your mouth and are not as sweet as here. God bless Galaxy Even the
cadbury sold here in the US seems to taste different than the ones back
home.

Try imported galaxies or Cadburys and you'll know what chocolate is
about. (Put in consideration that I am just comparing grocery store
chocolates)

Rocky wrote:

> In article >, cherub
> > wrote:
>

>>I was there with my parents MANY years ago (I'm old but not ancient :>)
>>First thing that catches your attention are the street lights, shaped
>>like chocolate 'kisses'. I don't know if it's still the same way today,
>>but my family toured the plant and at the end we went inside a gift shop
>>with all KINDS of delectable treats!
>>
>>Aaron L. wrote:
>>
>>>The shows about the hershey HQ in PA are awsome. Has anybody everbeen
>>>there and can I have some hints.

> Yes, the street lights are still there (as of last year, anyway).
>
> Hershey's still a great place to visit. I was there as a kid when the
> tour was still of the actual factory. It smelled great! The fake tour
> smelled of paint the first time I was there, but it was new then.
>
> Rocky

ME

I didn't enjoy the tour much. I think it smelled bad also...but the
chocolate I think tastes good LOL....Hershey is a great place in the aspect
of family---the amusement park, chocolate world, (my personal favorite) Gift
Shoppes LOL
This weekend I am taking my son to Hershey for the Christmas Street
Lights...for anyone who wants to check that out you can see it at
hersheypa.com
Supposed to be a few miles of decorations that some children got to help
design in a contest or something.

"Rocky" > wrote in message
> In article >, cherub
> > wrote:
>
> > I was there with my parents MANY years ago (I'm old but not ancient :>)
> > First thing that catches your attention are the street lights, shaped
> > like chocolate 'kisses'. I don't know if it's still the same way today,
> > but my family toured the plant and at the end we went inside a gift shop
> > with all KINDS of delectable treats!
> >
> > Aaron L. wrote:
> > > The shows about the hershey HQ in PA are awsome. Has anybody everbeen
> > > there and can I have some hints.

> Yes, the street lights are still there (as of last year, anyway).
>
> Hershey's still a great place to visit. I was there as a kid when the
> tour was still of the actual factory. It smelled great! The fake tour
> smelled of paint the first time I was there, but it was new then.
>
> Rocky

Rocky

Ewww! I didn't say I liked Hersheys Chocolate! :-) Just the town.

But I hope you're kidding about Cadbury's! It's yucky too! :-) [Not
to mention that the English are responsible for The End Of Chocolate As
We Know It! :-)]

I had a crisis in New Zealand when Cadburys was all I could find.
That's why I bought the Nestles Import Dark Chocolate Bar in the
airport that I mentioned in another post. It saved my life!

Rocky, who mostly eats Ghirardelli Dark now.

(Actually, I have a secret blend of Ghirardelli, Nestles, and Lindt
that I eat. Maybe I'll post the recipe someday.)

====