Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Fruit-flavored ganache

I'm planning on doing some experiments on making
fruit-flavored ganaches. Looking around on Google,
I found some recipes using fresh fruit, but I'm
thinking dried fruit would be a better starting
point because of the lower water content.

I'm thinking about running dried blueberries and
cherries through my poppyseed grinder to make pastes,
then adding this to the other ingrediants of a
white chocolate ganache. I've made pastes out of
dried fruit before, and this is the only machine
I've found that can do it.

Anyone had any experience doing anything like this?
Do you see any problems in my plan?

I've also considered apricots, but I'm not encouraged
by the apricots I bought. They look pretty, but
I don't think they'd go that great with chocolate.
Dates are another possibility. Any ideas for other
fruit that might go well in a ganache?
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

On 08/21/2011 02:11 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> I'm planning on doing some experiments on making
> fruit-flavored ganaches. Looking around on Google,
> I found some recipes using fresh fruit, but I'm
> thinking dried fruit would be a better starting
> point because of the lower water content.
>
> I'm thinking about running dried blueberries and
> cherries through my poppyseed grinder to make pastes,
> then adding this to the other ingrediants of a
> white chocolate ganache. I've made pastes out of
> dried fruit before, and this is the only machine
> I've found that can do it.
>
> Anyone had any experience doing anything like this?
> Do you see any problems in my plan?
>
> I've also considered apricots, but I'm not encouraged
> by the apricots I bought. They look pretty, but
> I don't think they'd go that great with chocolate.
> Dates are another possibility. Any ideas for other
> fruit that might go well in a ganache?

Using the terminology "white chocolate" which is
only cocoa butter (only fat) and powdered milk. This
sort of loose description is the reason the vegetable
oils get into bars of "chocolate" with very small percentages
of cocoa solids.

The poppyseed grinder sounds interesting.

Good luck with your experiments.

bliss
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Bobbie Sellers wrote:

> Using the terminology "white chocolate" which is
> only cocoa butter (only fat) and powdered milk. This
> sort of loose description is the reason the vegetable
> oils get into bars of "chocolate" with very small percentages
> of cocoa solids.

I used the Trader Joe's white chocolate, which is
45% cocoa butter.

When I made the ganache with dark chocolate, it set up
firm enough for truffles. With white chocolate, it was
like soup.

Flavored Balsamic vinegars and fruit Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 4 16-06-2012 01:00 PM
fruit-flavored ganache Mark Thorson General Cooking 5 20-09-2011 04:27 AM
Ganache wackerdrive Baking 0 07-01-2009 03:18 PM
X flavored Doritos same as old Taco flavored Doritos (circa 1995) Roland Marsey Marketplace 0 19-06-2004 10:24 PM
Fruit flavored Lollipops?? (Woolworths) Henree General Cooking 3 10-12-2003 02:40 AM