Posted to rec.food.chocolate
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default Fruit-flavored ganache

I'm planning on doing some experiments on making
fruit-flavored ganaches. Looking around on Google,
I found some recipes using fresh fruit, but I'm
thinking dried fruit would be a better starting
point because of the lower water content.

I'm thinking about running dried blueberries and
cherries through my poppyseed grinder to make pastes,
then adding this to the other ingrediants of a
white chocolate ganache. I've made pastes out of
dried fruit before, and this is the only machine
I've found that can do it.

Anyone had any experience doing anything like this?
Do you see any problems in my plan?

I've also considered apricots, but I'm not encouraged
by the apricots I bought. They look pretty, but
I don't think they'd go that great with chocolate.
Dates are another possibility. Any ideas for other
fruit that might go well in a ganache?