Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Default Beer in Austin

Just saw Austin mentioned in Dave's Sig and it reminded me that my
annual trip to drink beer while my wife schmoozes with music industry
folk at SXSW is rapidly approaching.

I'm already planning on spending an afternoon or two at the gingerman
and I usually try to hit up the Bitter End and the B-side lounge but
I've heard rumors of their demise.

We are staying Downtown without a car so my range is limited but I was
wondering if anythng new has popped up over the last year (I've been to
most of the downtown places listed on pubcrawler) or if anybody in the
area has any knowledge of any goodbeer events going on during SXSW.

Food reccomendations are always welcome as well.

mike

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

In article >,
"Latosha Washington" > wrote:

> Anyplace to get Rio Blanco on tap?

Absolutely. Off the top of my head, I know it's at the Ginger Man (4th
St.) and I'm pretty sure it's at Opal Divine's (both 6th St. and Penn
Field locations). I believe it's at the Tap Room (Colorado St., used to
be the B-Side). I think I remember having one at the Draught House
(Medical Parkway) a while back, but I could be remembering a bottle. I
haven't been that far north in a while.

I know Brad and the boys will be glad to give you a detailed list if you
visit their website (www.realalebrewing.com) and send an email or make a
phone call.

dave in austin

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

As a former Austinite who visited again last year, I might mention the
Crown and Anchor, where the old punk club The Beach used to be, on San
Jacinto just off Duval if I am correct. Also the Dog and Duck (?)
downtown, just south of the Capitol.

Enjoy! (and of course, migas or breakfast tacos at Las Manitas on
Congress is mandatory!)

--Joseph