Grafix8888

Default Beer in Austin

I'm headed to Austin, TX in a few days and I'm going to have some time on my
hands while the wife is in buissness meetings so I figured I'd try to search
out some goodbeer. I checked pubcrawler but the listings there were pretty
extensive so I was hoping I could narrow them down a bit with some advice from
this group. We're staying about 5 minutes from the main restaurant/bar/club
area although I'm not sure in which direction.

Any must visits? Any places to aviod?

thanks,
mike
Frank Mancuso

I would suggest you stop by the following places:
The Gingerman(4th @ Colorado)-83 taps, including three local micros(I'm
partial to Saint Arnold beers, since I work for them!)
The Bitter End-great brewpub-near 3rd @ Colorado
Lovejoy's-another fine brewpub, funky, fun-Neches near 7th
Opal Divine's-30 or so taps with good bar grub
Dog & Duck-an Austin tradition-will be rockin' on St. Pat's Day(as most
will)
Draft House-lots of taps, and brewpub-free pizza on Wednesdays!!

Thanks for the info!

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:14:13 GMT, "Frank Mancuso"
> wrote:

>I would suggest you stop by the following places:
>The Gingerman(4th @ Colorado)-83 taps, including three local micros(I'm
>partial to Saint Arnold beers, since I work for them!)
>The Bitter End-great brewpub-near 3rd @ Colorado
>Lovejoy's-another fine brewpub, funky, fun-Neches near 7th
>Opal Divine's-30 or so taps with good bar grub
>Dog & Duck-an Austin tradition-will be rockin' on St. Pat's Day(as most
>will)
>Draft House-lots of taps, and brewpub-free pizza on Wednesdays!!

FA: 1-Day-Left: 6 Books: BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER! (Beer Tasting, Logs, Drinking Games, etc.) Mike[_26_] Marketplace 0 07-07-2007 01:18 PM
Beer in Austin [email protected] Beer 5 25-02-2006 03:48 PM
Beer stores in Austin [email protected] Beer 5 30-03-2005 03:50 AM
Mr.Beer : Home Microbrewery Beer Making Kits - Make Your Own Beer ! pg Beer 0 28-11-2004 10:49 AM
Austin TX. Beer Mailing List Capt. Spastic Beer 0 07-04-2004 10:16 PM