Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Latosha Washington

Default Summit

Had some Summit brews over the holidays. Must say they are crafted very
well. Esp liked the IPA.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Dan Iwerks

"Latosha Washington" > eats posts like this for lunch
:

> Had some Summit brews over the holidays. Must say they are crafted
> very well. Esp liked the IPA.

They make invariably solid beers. One of the nice things about living in
the Twin Cities is that Summit Extra Pale Ale is available at practically
every bar or restaurant in the entire metro area. It's not the world's
greatest beer, but it's pretty dang good and you can get it everywhere.
Around here, you aren't stuck with just the usual BMC crap in a restaurant,
as the Summit will be there too.
Dan Iwerks didn’t know it was your mother.
The fundamental problem with Solipsism is it makes me
responsible for the fact that you’re a complete idiot.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Mike

Dan Iwerks wrote:
> "Latosha Washington" > eats posts like this for lunch
> :
>

>>Had some Summit brews over the holidays. Must say they are crafted
>>very well. Esp liked the IPA.

> They make invariably solid beers. One of the nice things about living in

Hmmm, I like mine in Liquid form, easier to drink. ;-)
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Douglas W. Hoyt

Dat's why us nordeners carry a blowtorch! ;-)

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Richard Kaszeta

Dan Iwerks <dan_iwerksattyahoo.com> writes:
> They make invariably solid beers. One of the nice things about living in
> the Twin Cities is that Summit Extra Pale Ale is available at practically
> every bar or restaurant in the entire metro area.

That's one thing I miss about the Twin Cities. I drank a *lot* of
Summit, and you could count on it being *everywhere* (even at Midway
Stadium). I miss the IPA and Porter, too. (And the Alt, but they
don't make that anymore). Wish I could easily get it around here,
oddly, I usually get Summit when I'm in Arizona (it has shown up a few
times at Papago Brewing).

Not that I can complain about New England, the beer selection here is
very good (indeed, on the whole I like it bit better, with McNeil's
and People's Pint nearby), but the ubiquitous beer around here is
Magic Hat #9 or Sam Adams, neither of which do it for me as much as
Summit Extra Pale.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Dan Iwerks

Richard Kaszeta > eats posts like this for lunch
:

> Not that I can complain about New England, the beer selection here is
> very good (indeed, on the whole I like it bit better, with McNeil's
> and People's Pint nearby), but the ubiquitous beer around here is
> Magic Hat #9 or Sam Adams, neither of which do it for me as much as
> Summit Extra Pale.

Yeah, I'd agree with Summitt EPA kicking the fanny of #9, but I don't think
kicking #9's fanny takes much work, ifyaknowhatimean.
Dan Iwerks didn’t know it was your mother.
The fundamental problem with Solipsism is it makes me
responsible for the fact that you’re a complete idiot.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Richard Kaszeta

Dan Iwerks <dan_iwerksattyahoo.com> writes:
> > Not that I can complain about New England, the beer selection here is
> > very good (indeed, on the whole I like it bit better, with McNeil's
> > and People's Pint nearby), but the ubiquitous beer around here is
> > Magic Hat #9 or Sam Adams, neither of which do it for me as much as
> > Summit Extra Pale.

> Yeah, I'd agree with Summitt EPA kicking the fanny of #9, but I don't think
> kicking #9's fanny takes much work, ifyaknowhatimean.

Indeed. It's my least favorite Magic Hat regular offering, and, alas,
the most common one.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Steve Jackson

"Latosha Washington" > wrote in message

> Had some Summit brews over the holidays. Must say they are crafted very
> well. Esp liked the IPA.

As others mentioned, Summit is consistently good. I've never had anything I
would consider spectacular - although the porter comes close - but
everything is solidly good. (I haven't had it for a few years now, but the
pils would be the one chink in the armor.)

Although, I do have to say that I much prefer the Extra Pale over the IPA.
But the porter definitely has to be my favorite of theirs.

-Steve

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Douglas W. Hoyt

That's an apt description. Nothing to jump out of the tree for and leave
the bananas unprotected, but worth having if at the MSP airport or if it's
one of the flavor options on a chain restaurant tap rack. I think their
maibock is one of the best maibocks we get here in Wisconsin too--malty,
fruity, and not as austere as others.

OT?: Beer Summit (USA) Paco[_4_] General Cooking 1 30-07-2009 02:19 PM
Summit's Marzen TechMyst Beer 0 25-09-2006 01:35 AM
Weber Genesis vs Summit? Aaron Barbecue 5 29-11-2004 11:40 PM
Sushi in Lee's Summit and Independence Shawn B. Wikle Sushi 1 21-11-2004 09:57 PM
Deal on a Weber Summit Gold D Braaivleis Barbecue 0 24-01-2004 10:22 PM