Warren Place

Default name for a beer and wine mixed drink?

I know there is a name for what I just created. I mixed 2 parts beer
(wit or white) with 1 part red wine (Syrah).
What is the name of a mixed drink of beer and wine? Any sites that have
names for the plethora of possibilities that could be concocted from the
many styles of beer and wines?

Warren Place
Paul Sherwin

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:24:40 -0700, Warren Place
> wrote:

>I know there is a name for what I just created. I mixed 2 parts beer
>(wit or white) with 1 part red wine (Syrah).
>What is the name of a mixed drink of beer and wine?

Vomit provoking shite.

Best regards, Paul
--
Paul Sherwin Consulting http://paulsherwin.co.uk
Paul Sherwin

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:24:40 -0700, Warren Place
> wrote:

>I know there is a name for what I just created. I mixed 2 parts beer
>(wit or white) with 1 part red wine (Syrah).
>What is the name of a mixed drink of beer and wine?

Vomit provoking shite.

Best regards, Paul
--
Paul Sherwin Consulting http://paulsherwin.co.uk
dreas

"Paul Sherwin" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:24:40 -0700, Warren Place
> > wrote:
>
> >I know there is a name for what I just created. I mixed 2 parts beer
> >(wit or white) with 1 part red wine (Syrah).
> >What is the name of a mixed drink of beer and wine?

> Vomit provoking shite.

Wasn't that called a shandy?

Same thing.

-'dreas

dgs

Warren Place wrote:

> I know there is a name for what I just created. I mixed 2 parts beer
> (wit or white) with 1 part red wine (Syrah).
> What is the name of a mixed drink of beer and wine?

Normally, a really bad idea, unless it comes from the Cantillon
brewery in Brussels, Belgium, home to the Vigneronne and St Lamvinus
grape lambics.

> Any sites that have
> names for the plethora of possibilities that could be concocted from the
> many styles of beer and wines?

The generic name is just a "beer cocktail." There are all sorts of
variations on this theme. Guinness and Chambord, for instance:
Scarlet & Black. Not as bad as one might think; it resembles a
raspberry-flavored chocolate brownie, but in liquid form.
--
dgs

dgs

Warren Place wrote:

> I know there is a name for what I just created. I mixed 2 parts beer
> (wit or white) with 1 part red wine (Syrah).
> What is the name of a mixed drink of beer and wine?

Normally, a really bad idea, unless it comes from the Cantillon
brewery in Brussels, Belgium, home to the Vigneronne and St Lamvinus
grape lambics.

> Any sites that have
> names for the plethora of possibilities that could be concocted from the
> many styles of beer and wines?

The generic name is just a "beer cocktail." There are all sorts of
variations on this theme. Guinness and Chambord, for instance:
Scarlet & Black. Not as bad as one might think; it resembles a
raspberry-flavored chocolate brownie, but in liquid form.
--
dgs

Joris Pattyn

> Normally, a really bad idea, unless it comes from the Cantillon
> brewery in Brussels, Belgium, home to the Vigneronne and St Lamvinus
> grape lambics.

Hmmm - that isn't quite the same thing, D. Those are lambics, refermented
with grapes. Seen the hardiness of the lambic beasties, I don't give much
for the fruit yeasts, unless in the very early stages of fermentation.
However, there are some beers that are a mix of wine and beer. Zannekin from
the Dolle Brouwers is the most recent one. Not their best try, IMO. Witkap
Tripel from Slaghmuylder has had a 9% addition of white wine for the longest
time.
And a few decennia ago, there was a German brewery, forgetting the name for
now, which had a mixture of Bier & Sekt (German sparkling wine).

Joris

Oh, Guess

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 07:34:14 GMT, "Joris Pattyn"
> wrote:

>> Normally, a really bad idea, unless it comes from the Cantillon
>> brewery in Brussels, Belgium, home to the Vigneronne and St Lamvinus
>> grape lambics.
>>

>Hmmm - that isn't quite the same thing, D.

Agreed, but I like 'em anyway! I'm not going to complain if the
lambic cultures kick the poor little wine yeasties out of the pool.

>And a few decennia ago, there was a German brewery, forgetting the name for
>now, which had a mixture of Bier & Sekt (German sparkling wine).

Now that you mention it, that reminds me of Guinness and sparkling
wine, a drink known as the notorious Black Velvet.
--
Nobody You Know

Oh, Guess

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 07:34:14 GMT, "Joris Pattyn"
> wrote:

>> Normally, a really bad idea, unless it comes from the Cantillon
>> brewery in Brussels, Belgium, home to the Vigneronne and St Lamvinus
>> grape lambics.
>>

>Hmmm - that isn't quite the same thing, D.

Agreed, but I like 'em anyway! I'm not going to complain if the
lambic cultures kick the poor little wine yeasties out of the pool.

>And a few decennia ago, there was a German brewery, forgetting the name for
>now, which had a mixture of Bier & Sekt (German sparkling wine).

Now that you mention it, that reminds me of Guinness and sparkling
wine, a drink known as the notorious Black Velvet.
--
Nobody You Know

Peter Witt

"Joris Pattyn" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> And a few decennia ago, there was a German brewery, forgetting the name

for
> now, which had a mixture of Bier & Sekt (German sparkling wine).

Hi Joris,
this is called "Herrencocktail" = mens coctail out of fashion right now it
is a mixing of Pils and Sekt .
Same style is "Champagnerweizen" a white beer with dash of Champagne.

Best Regards
Peter

Peter Witt

"Joris Pattyn" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> And a few decennia ago, there was a German brewery, forgetting the name

for
> now, which had a mixture of Bier & Sekt (German sparkling wine).

Hi Joris,
this is called "Herrencocktail" = mens coctail out of fashion right now it
is a mixing of Pils and Sekt .
Same style is "Champagnerweizen" a white beer with dash of Champagne.

Best Regards
Peter

Joris Pattyn

"Peter Witt" > schreef in bericht

> "Joris Pattyn" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > And a few decennia ago, there was a German brewery, forgetting the name

> for
> > now, which had a mixture of Bier & Sekt (German sparkling wine).
> >

> Hi Joris,
> this is called "Herrencocktail" = mens coctail out of fashion right now it
> is a mixing of Pils and Sekt .
> Same style is "Champagnerweizen" a white beer with dash of Champagne.

Hi Peter,
thanks for info - I had no idea there was a specific name for the cocktail.
Mind you, what I was referring to, was a premixed product, in beerbottles.
Shuffling through the archives, I came up with the name: "Kampi-krone 'Bier
+ Sekt", from a firm (can't find anything about it on the Net anymore -
porbably gone) called Schütter in Selm.
Zum Wohl, Joris

Joris Pattyn

"Peter Witt" > schreef in bericht

> "Joris Pattyn" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > And a few decennia ago, there was a German brewery, forgetting the name

> for
> > now, which had a mixture of Bier & Sekt (German sparkling wine).
> >

> Hi Joris,
> this is called "Herrencocktail" = mens coctail out of fashion right now it
> is a mixing of Pils and Sekt .
> Same style is "Champagnerweizen" a white beer with dash of Champagne.

Hi Peter,
thanks for info - I had no idea there was a specific name for the cocktail.
Mind you, what I was referring to, was a premixed product, in beerbottles.
Shuffling through the archives, I came up with the name: "Kampi-krone 'Bier
+ Sekt", from a firm (can't find anything about it on the Net anymore -
porbably gone) called Schütter in Selm.
Zum Wohl, Joris

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Place View Post
I know there is a name for what I just created. I mixed 2 parts beer
(wit or white) with 1 part red wine (Syrah).
What is the name of a mixed drink of beer and wine? Any sites that have
names for the plethora of possibilities that could be concocted from the
many styles of beer and wines?

Warren Place
Warren,

About ten years ago, I had a Portuguese concoction that was dark beer mixed with red wine and sugar, and it was called recitee (reh-sit-ay), please excuse my lack of spelling knowledge for Portuguese. It was a GREAT drink, but I have yet to find it mentioned on the web, unless of course I am spelling it wrong

Best,
George The Polak.

My new favorite mixed drink Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 48 12-09-2009 10:18 PM
New mixed beer drink tomkanpa Beer 3 15-10-2008 05:47 PM
Beer/mixed drink recipes jimday1982 Beer 0 15-11-2004 05:49 PM
Mixed drink recipes Steve Chaney, aka NR's Tormentee General Cooking 4 24-11-2003 08:34 AM
Mixed drink recipes Steve Chaney, aka NR's Tormentee Recipes 3 24-11-2003 08:34 AM