Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Red Head

Orgasmic red maple:
http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
rainbow:
http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 9:47:47 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Orgasmic red maple:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
> http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
> View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
> rainbow:
> http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
> http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
> To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.

All very pretty! I had my maple tree cut down Thursday and
glad I did. It was almost completely hollow but still was
able to put out tons of leaves. The stump was ground up as
well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 7:47:47 PM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Orgasmic red maple:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
> http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
> View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
> rainbow:
> http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
> http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
> To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.

Some years they are simply breathtaking, some not so much. This is a wonderful year.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 9:47:47 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Orgasmic red

Sheldon gave lots of BJs to his Irish American shipmates.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 22:47:39 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Orgasmic red maple:
>http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
>http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
>View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
>rainbow:
>http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
>http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
>To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.

Beautiful Sheldon. But just one big tree in the midst of a suburbanite
manicured monoculture? Yuck! I'd rather have a forest!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 22:11:31 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 7:47:47 PM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Orgasmic red maple:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
>> View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
>> rainbow:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
>> To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.

>Some years they are simply breathtaking, some not so much. This is a wonderful year.

Lotta rain this Summer! Gotta love climate change!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/11/2015 12:09 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 22:47:39 -0400, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
>> Orgasmic red maple:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
>> View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
>> rainbow:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
>> To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.

> Beautiful Sheldon. But just one big tree in the midst of a suburbanite
> manicured monoculture? Yuck! I'd rather have a forest!
>
> John Kuthe...

Until you discover how bushfires jump from tree to adjacent tree. Sort
of takes the gloss off living in the forest!

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/31/2015 10:47 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Orgasmic red maple:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
> http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg

That is a perfect tree.

My neighbors had a tree like that, planted in too small
a space. In the fall it would practically light up this
side of the house when the sun hit those red leaves. They
took it down last spring, it had to be done but it's a
damned shame.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> Beautiful Sheldon. But just one big tree in the midst of a suburbanite
> manicured monoculture? Yuck! I'd rather have a forest!

Beyond his manicured yard, Sheldon also has some forest. Nice pics,
Sheldon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-01 9:08 AM, Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> Beautiful Sheldon. But just one big tree in the midst of a suburbanite
>> manicured monoculture? Yuck! I'd rather have a forest!

> Beyond his manicured yard, Sheldon also has some forest. Nice pics,
> Sheldon.

You can't see the forest for all the trees.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Xeno wrote:
>John Kootchie wrote:
>>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> Orgasmic red maple:
>>> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
>>> http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
>>> View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
>>> rainbow:
>>> http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
>>> http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
>>> To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.

>> Beautiful Sheldon. But just one big tree in the midst of a suburbanite
>> manicured monoculture? Yuck! I'd rather have a forest!
>>

>Until you discover how bushfires jump from tree to adjacent tree. Sort
>of takes the gloss off living in the forest!

Hairy palmed Kootchie must have stroked himself blind that he can't
see all those 70' Norway spruce... and there are no 100 acre hayfields
in surburbia. The fire safe thing is not to plant ones house within
100 yards of the forest. Even meadows and hay fields present fire
danger, that's why it's across the road with a creek between. Besides
good land mangement for wild life that's another good reason I
maintain a wide lawn between me and the forest. The hardest work I do
around here is keeping the forest from growing back. Now that there's
a chill in the air and the biting bugs have flown off I'll be spending
many hours outdoors with my machete, loppers, bow saw, pole saw, and
chain saw... the forest here grows back fast, it's not easy staying
ahead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Orgasmic red maple:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
>> View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
>> rainbow:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
>> To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.
>>

>All very pretty! I had my maple tree cut down Thursday and
>glad I did. It was almost completely hollow but still was
>able to put out tons of leaves. The stump was ground up as
>well.

Now you need to figure out a replacement to plant... still not to late
before the ground freezes... maybe a sugar maple, a little leaf linden
(Greenspire) is a wonderful tree and no leaves to rake, they just blow
away.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 9:47:47 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Orgasmic red

> Sheldon gave lots of BJs to his Irish American shipmates.
>
> --Bryan

You sure like the *** stuff, you wired AC/DC?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Xeno wrote:
> On 2/11/2015 12:09 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 22:47:39 -0400, Brooklyn1
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Orgasmic red maple:
>>> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n1s7kx.jpg
>>> http://i67.tinypic.com/faa6is.jpg
>>> View across the road this morning... look carefully, there's a
>>> rainbow:
>>> http://i66.tinypic.com/2rxhcty.jpg
>>> http://i66.tinypic.com/1265h00.jpg
>>> To enlarge click on picture, close ad, then click on Raw Image.

>> Beautiful Sheldon. But just one big tree in the midst of a suburbanite
>> manicured monoculture? Yuck! I'd rather have a forest!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> Until you discover how bushfires jump from tree to adjacent tree. Sort
> of takes the gloss off living in the forest!

It's rather wet there, not much chance of bushfires.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 10:24:55 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> "itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>
> >I had my maple tree cut down Thursday and
> >glad I did. It was almost completely hollow but still was
> >able to put out tons of leaves. The stump was ground up as
> >well.

> Now you need to figure out a replacement to plant... still not to late
> before the ground freezes... maybe a sugar maple, a little leaf linden
> (Greenspire) is a wonderful tree and no leaves to rake, they just blow
> away.

No, I will leave that space blank. The front yard is quite small
and all the removed tree did was cause me to be getting up
leaves long after everyone was through for the year. There
were always leaves in the gutter; buds dropping in
January/February on the sidewalk and I could see where a tree
root was just beginning to make that sidewalk buckle. Plus that
tree was really tangled into the telephone wires going to my
house. I have a lovely dogwood tree at the back of my property
to enjoy that doesn't create a mess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>>
>> >I had my maple tree cut down Thursday and
>> >glad I did. It was almost completely hollow but still was
>> >able to put out tons of leaves. The stump was ground up as
>> >well.

>> Now you need to figure out a replacement to plant... still not to late
>> before the ground freezes... maybe a sugar maple, a little leaf linden
>> (Greenspire) is a wonderful tree and no leaves to rake, they just blow
>> away.
>>

>No, I will leave that space blank. The front yard is quite small
>and all the removed tree did was cause me to be getting up
>leaves long after everyone was through for the year. There
>were always leaves in the gutter; buds dropping in
>January/February on the sidewalk and I could see where a tree
>root was just beginning to make that sidewalk buckle. Plus that
>tree was really tangled into the telephone wires going to my
>house. I have a lovely dogwood tree at the back of my property
>to enjoy that doesn't create a mess.

Since you mentioned having a maple in reply to mine I thought you had
that kind of space... however tehre are plenty of maple trees that
don't grow very large and also make no mess with lots of large leaves.
There are Japanese maples of all kinds that don't grow very large,
many are dwarf trees and they all do very well with severe pruning as
they are commonly used for Bonsai. Another small maple that's very
attractive and interesting is paperbark maple (Acer griseum), it's
slow growing and at most grows to a height of 15' and a width of
10'... mine is right outside my office window where I can see it and
watch the birds that like to rest there. Mine is hidden behind my
house but if you place one in your front yard you'll receive many
queries from passers by asking what it is. Oh, and it's a very long
lived tree. Unfortunately dogwood trees don't live very long, fifty
years is ancients but most are lucky to make 35 years.
Click on the thumbnails:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_griseum
Click on Expand:
http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/detail.php?pid=15
When I first planted it I placed a plastic snow coaster as a bird
bath, the geese aided in watering and fertilizing:
http://i63.tinypic.com/2na1x5l.jpg
Now it's one of Ebenezer's rest stops:
http://i67.tinypic.com/11rzl05.jpg
That family still returns to their spot:
http://i64.tinypic.com/1jspvr.jpg
Cinnamon-like bark:
http://i64.tinypic.com/wgyrl1.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Nov 2015 10:38:21 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> Until you discover how bushfires jump from tree to adjacent tree. Sort
>>> of takes the gloss off living in the forest!

>> Hairy palmed Kootchie must have stroked himself blind that he can't
>> see all those 70' Norway spruce... and there are no 100 acre hayfields
>> in surburbia. The fire safe thing is not to plant ones house within
>> 100 yards of the forest. Even meadows and hay fields present fire
>> danger, that's why it's across the road with a creek between.

> A creek don't stop no bushfire.

Upstate New York doesn't have "bushfires", dimwit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-01 3:25 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> I have a couple dozen trees on my property. There are two huge maples at
>> the front, and there is a row of maples across the road. Leaf raking is
>> not a one day chore here. It goes on for weeks. I should be out there
>> now. If I get them over toward the road there is a nice strong wind to
>> blow them away. They can go across the neighbour's lawn and into the
>> nursery on the other side where they will compost and feed the soil.

> I only have three trees that drop a lot of large leaves that I really
> should rake... on a dry day I start up the small tractor and mow the
> leaves with the mulching blades... when a breeze kicks up they're all
> gone, the bits disappear into my lawn.

It isn't really all that necessary to rake. The leaves decompose and end
up as soil. The problem is that there are molds that seem to thrive
under the leaves, so chopping them up with a lawn mower is usually
enough to prevent that lawn destroying mold. Mulching gives a more
immediate esthetic result, but even a regular blade does the job. It
does not mince them as much, and it looks crappy for a day or two, but
then all those little bits seem to disappear.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 4:58:58 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-11-01 3:25 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
> >> I have a couple dozen trees on my property. There are two huge maples at
> >> the front, and there is a row of maples across the road. Leaf raking is
> >> not a one day chore here. It goes on for weeks. I should be out there
> >> now. If I get them over toward the road there is a nice strong wind to
> >> blow them away. They can go across the neighbour's lawn and into the
> >> nursery on the other side where they will compost and feed the soil.

> > I only have three trees that drop a lot of large leaves that I really
> > should rake... on a dry day I start up the small tractor and mow the
> > leaves with the mulching blades... when a breeze kicks up they're all
> > gone, the bits disappear into my lawn.
> >

> It isn't really all that necessary to rake. The leaves decompose and end
> up as soil. The problem is that there are molds that seem to thrive
> under the leaves, so chopping them up with a lawn mower is usually
> enough to prevent that lawn destroying mold. Mulching gives a more
> immediate esthetic result, but even a regular blade does the job. It
> does not mince them as much, and it looks crappy for a day or two, but
> then all those little bits seem to disappear.

I not only mow over my own leaves, but I go get tubs ans tubs of leaf mulch
to dump all over the yard and spread around with the mower.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>>> I have a couple dozen trees on my property. There are two huge maples at
>>> the front, and there is a row of maples across the road. Leaf raking is
>>> not a one day chore here. It goes on for weeks. I should be out there
>>> now. If I get them over toward the road there is a nice strong wind to
>>> blow them away. They can go across the neighbour's lawn and into the
>>> nursery on the other side where they will compost and feed the soil.

>> I only have three trees that drop a lot of large leaves that I really
>> should rake... on a dry day I start up the small tractor and mow the
>> leaves with the mulching blades... when a breeze kicks up they're all
>> gone, the bits disappear into my lawn.
>>

>It isn't really all that necessary to rake. The leaves decompose and end
>up as soil. The problem is that there are molds that seem to thrive
>under the leaves, so chopping them up with a lawn mower is usually
>enough to prevent that lawn destroying mold. Mulching gives a more
>immediate esthetic result, but even a regular blade does the job. It
>does not mince them as much, and it looks crappy for a day or two, but
>then all those little bits seem to disappear.

My mowers are fitted with mulching blades anyway, I have too much lawn
for bagging/raking... the mulching blades cost no more than regular
blades. Mulching blades also do a much better job handling taller
grass, saving me from mowing more often when grass grows faster. These
days most push mowers come with mulching blades by default, makes
mowing a lot easier than bagging, and with regular blades the side
chute just makes a big mess throwing large clumps needing raking. With
mulching blades those small bits disappear before I make the next
pass. The new Husqvarna push mower I bought last year came with a
mulching blade, has a nice Honda motor, it's by far the best push
mower I've ever used and I've owned many. It starts on the first pull
every time. I bought it from Amazon, right to my door, free shipping:
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...21p/961330019/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-01 7:36 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>. The new Husqvarna push mower I bought last year came with a
> mulching blade, has a nice Honda motor, it's by far the best push
> mower I've ever used and I've owned many. It starts on the first pull
> every time. I bought it from Amazon, right to my door, free shipping:
> http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...21p/961330019/

My only question is why does it have a bag for clippings if it is a
mulching mower. I thought the idea of a mulching mower was that it
chopped up the grass so well that the clippings don't need to be collected.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 15:45:01 -0800 (PST), MisterDiddyWahDiddy
> wrote:

>> > I only have three trees that drop a lot of large leaves that I really
>> > should rake... on a dry day I start up the small tractor and mow the
>> > leaves with the mulching blades... when a breeze kicks up they're all
>> > gone, the bits disappear into my lawn.
>> >

>> It isn't really all that necessary to rake. The leaves decompose and end
>> up as soil. The problem is that there are molds that seem to thrive
>> under the leaves, so chopping them up with a lawn mower is usually
>> enough to prevent that lawn destroying mold. Mulching gives a more
>> immediate esthetic result, but even a regular blade does the job. It
>> does not mince them as much, and it looks crappy for a day or two, but
>> then all those little bits seem to disappear.

>I not only mow over my own leaves, but I go get tubs and tubs of leaf mulch
>to dump all over the yard and spread around with the mower.
>
>--Bryan

I don't need tubs and tubs of leaf mulch, I have deer, geese, and lots
of other critters that spread mulch all day for free, and it's as
organic as organic gets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> > Brooklyn1 wrote:

> >> Now you need to figure out a replacement to plant... still not to

> late >> before the ground freezes... maybe a sugar maple, a little
> leaf linden >> (Greenspire) is a wonderful tree and no leaves to
> rake, they just blow >> away.
> > >

> > No, I will leave that space blank. The front yard is quite small
> > and all the removed tree did was cause me to be getting up
> > leaves long after everyone was through for the year. There
> > were always leaves in the gutter; buds dropping in
> > January/February on the sidewalk and I could see where a tree
> > root was just beginning to make that sidewalk buckle. Plus that
> > tree was really tangled into the telephone wires going to my
> > house. I have a lovely dogwood tree at the back of my property
> > to enjoy that doesn't create a mess.

> Since you mentioned having a maple in reply to mine I thought you had
> that kind of space... however tehre are plenty of maple trees that
> don't grow very large and also make no mess with lots of large leaves.
> There are Japanese maples of all kinds that don't grow very large,
> many are dwarf trees and they all do very well with severe pruning as
> they are commonly used for Bonsai. Another small maple that's very
> attractive and interesting is paperbark maple (Acer griseum), it's
> slow growing and at most grows to a height of 15' and a width of
> 10'... mine is right outside my office window where I can see it and
> watch the birds that like to rest there. Mine is hidden behind my
> house but if you place one in your front yard you'll receive many
> queries from passers by asking what it is. Oh, and it's a very long
> lived tree. Unfortunately dogwood trees don't live very long, fifty
> years is ancients but most are lucky to make 35 years.
> Click on the thumbnails:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_griseum
> Click on Expand:
> http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/detail.php?pid=15
> When I first planted it I placed a plastic snow coaster as a bird
> bath, the geese aided in watering and fertilizing:
> http://i63.tinypic.com/2na1x5l.jpg
> Now it's one of Ebenezer's rest stops:
> http://i67.tinypic.com/11rzl05.jpg
> That family still returns to their spot:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/1jspvr.jpg
> Cinnamon-like bark:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/wgyrl1.jpg

Hey Sheldon, well away from the house, there is a lovely one if you
aren't too north for it? A flowering pear. Talk major spring interest.
They do not live long and tend to split once they hit 2ft or so but
well away from a house, thats not much of a problem.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > itsjoannotjoann wrote:

> > late >> before the ground freezes... maybe a sugar maple, a little
> > leaf linden >> (Greenspire) is a wonderful tree and no leaves to
> > rake, they just blow >> away.
> > > >

> > > No, I will leave that space blank. The front yard is quite small
> > > and all the removed tree did was cause me to be getting up
> > > leaves long after everyone was through for the year. There
> > > were always leaves in the gutter; buds dropping in
> > > January/February on the sidewalk and I could see where a tree
> > > root was just beginning to make that sidewalk buckle. Plus that
> > > tree was really tangled into the telephone wires going to my
> > > house. I have a lovely dogwood tree at the back of my property
> > > to enjoy that doesn't create a mess.

> > Since you mentioned having a maple in reply to mine I thought you
> > had that kind of space... however tehre are plenty of maple trees
> > that don't grow very large and also make no mess with lots of large
> > leaves. There are Japanese maples of all kinds that don't grow
> > very large, many are dwarf trees and they all do very well with
> > severe pruning as they are commonly used for Bonsai. Another small
> > maple that's very attractive and interesting is paperbark maple
> > (Acer griseum), it's slow growing and at most grows to a height of
> > 15' and a width of 10'... mine is right outside my office window
> > where I can see it and watch the birds that like to rest there.
> > Mine is hidden behind my house but if you place one in your front
> > yard you'll receive many queries from passers by asking what it is.
> > Oh, and it's a very long lived tree. Unfortunately dogwood trees
> > don't live very long, fifty years is ancients but most are lucky to
> > make 35 years. Click on the thumbnails:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_griseum
> > Click on Expand:
> > http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/detail.php?pid=15
> > When I first planted it I placed a plastic snow coaster as a bird
> > bath, the geese aided in watering and fertilizing:
> > http://i63.tinypic.com/2na1x5l.jpg
> > Now it's one of Ebenezer's rest stops:
> > http://i67.tinypic.com/11rzl05.jpg
> > That family still returns to their spot:
> > http://i64.tinypic.com/1jspvr.jpg
> > Cinnamon-like bark:
> > http://i64.tinypic.com/wgyrl1.jpg

> Hey Sheldon, well away from the house, there is a lovely one if you
> aren't too north for it? A flowering pear. Talk major spring
> interest. They do not live long and tend to split once they hit 2ft
> or so but well away from a house, thats not much of a problem.
>
> Carol

Oh sorry, 20-30ft or so is when they split

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Nov 2015 19:36:33 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I only have three trees that drop a lot of large leaves that I really
>>> should rake... on a dry day I start up the small tractor and mow the
>>> leaves with the mulching blades... when a breeze kicks up they're all
>>> gone, the bits disappear into my lawn.
>>>

>>It isn't really all that necessary to rake. The leaves decompose and end
>>up as soil. The problem is that there are molds that seem to thrive
>>under the leaves, so chopping them up with a lawn mower is usually
>>enough to prevent that lawn destroying mold. Mulching gives a more
>>immediate esthetic result, but even a regular blade does the job. It
>>does not mince them as much, and it looks crappy for a day or two, but
>>then all those little bits seem to disappear.
>>

>My mowers are fitted with mulching blades anyway, I have too much lawn
>for bagging/raking... the mulching blades cost no more than regular
>blades. Mulching blades also do a much better job handling taller
>grass, saving me from mowing more often when grass grows faster. These
>days most push mowers come with mulching blades by default, makes
>mowing a lot easier than bagging, and with regular blades the side
>chute just makes a big mess throwing large clumps needing raking. With
>mulching blades those small bits disappear before I make the next
>pass. The new Husqvarna push mower I bought last year came with a
>mulching blade, has a nice Honda motor, it's by far the best push
>mower I've ever used and I've owned many. It starts on the first pull
>every time. I bought it from Amazon, right to my door, free shipping:
>http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...21p/961330019/

Except for ONE thing ShelDUM!! You are STILL using 50 million year old
plant material to push today's plant material around!! Not ME!! I use
an ELECTRIC mower!! NO 50 million year old plant material used!! Or
should be used, which I know most of STL's electricity is generated
from burning stinky old coal, but eletricity CAN be generated a number
of infinitely sustainable ways, which petroleum is NOT!! It's not
sustainable! It's GOING to run out on us!

And at the rate YOU are using it... :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/11/2015 11:58 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-11-01 7:36 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> . The new Husqvarna push mower I bought last year came with a
>> mulching blade, has a nice Honda motor, it's by far the best push
>> mower I've ever used and I've owned many. It starts on the first pull
>> every time. I bought it from Amazon, right to my door, free shipping:
>> http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...21p/961330019/
>>

> My only question is why does it have a bag for clippings if it is a
> mulching mower. I thought the idea of a mulching mower was that it
> chopped up the grass so well that the clippings don't need to be collected.

You obviously have reading difficulties. Did you read this bit; "three
cutting systems, collection, mulch and side discharge"???

This mower gives you choices as to how you deal with the cut grass.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 12:41:25 +1100, Xeno >
wrote:

>On 2/11/2015 11:58 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2015-11-01 7:36 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> . The new Husqvarna push mower I bought last year came with a
>>> mulching blade, has a nice Honda motor, it's by far the best push
>>> mower I've ever used and I've owned many. It starts on the first pull
>>> every time. I bought it from Amazon, right to my door, free shipping:
>>> http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...21p/961330019/
>>>

>> My only question is why does it have a bag for clippings if it is a
>> mulching mower. I thought the idea of a mulching mower was that it
>> chopped up the grass so well that the clippings don't need to be collected.

>You obviously have reading difficulties. Did you read this bit; "three
>cutting systems, collection, mulch and side discharge"???
>
>This mower gives you choices as to how you deal with the cut grass.

And ALL THREE still use 50 million plant material to do it!!

Too bad it works so well. I think it woulkd be great if using
non-rerewable energy sources was physically painful! Immediatly for
the user!! I'll bet THAT would cut down on their use!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> I use an ELECTRIC mower!! NO 50 million year old plant material used!!

Wrong.

What is "coal-generated electricity" for $100, Alex?

Damn you are so incredibly STUPID!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/11/2015 12:53 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 12:41:25 +1100, Xeno >
> wrote:

>>> My only question is why does it have a bag for clippings if it is a
>>> mulching mower. I thought the idea of a mulching mower was that it
>>> chopped up the grass so well that the clippings don't need to be collected.

>> You obviously have reading difficulties. Did you read this bit; "three
>> cutting systems, collection, mulch and side discharge"???
>>
>> This mower gives you choices as to how you deal with the cut grass.

> And ALL THREE still use 50 million plant material to do it!!
>
> Too bad it works so well. I think it woulkd be great if using
> non-rerewable energy sources was physically painful! Immediatly for
> the user!! I'll bet THAT would cut down on their use!
>
> John Kuthe...

If you really want to be a 'whip me, beat me' freak, you can still get
the good old hand lawn mowers. http://tinyurl.com/oqsse98
Now these may not be immediately painful but, having used them in the
past, I can assure you that pain will come.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Nov 2015 19:02:58 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> itsjoannotjoann wrote:

>> late >> before the ground freezes... maybe a sugar maple, a little
>> leaf linden >> (Greenspire) is a wonderful tree and no leaves to
>> rake, they just blow >> away.
>> > >

>> > No, I will leave that space blank. The front yard is quite small
>> > and all the removed tree did was cause me to be getting up
>> > leaves long after everyone was through for the year. There
>> > were always leaves in the gutter; buds dropping in
>> > January/February on the sidewalk and I could see where a tree
>> > root was just beginning to make that sidewalk buckle. Plus that
>> > tree was really tangled into the telephone wires going to my
>> > house. I have a lovely dogwood tree at the back of my property
>> > to enjoy that doesn't create a mess.

>> Since you mentioned having a maple in reply to mine I thought you had
>> that kind of space... however tehre are plenty of maple trees that
>> don't grow very large and also make no mess with lots of large leaves.
>> There are Japanese maples of all kinds that don't grow very large,
>> many are dwarf trees and they all do very well with severe pruning as
>> they are commonly used for Bonsai. Another small maple that's very
>> attractive and interesting is paperbark maple (Acer griseum), it's
>> slow growing and at most grows to a height of 15' and a width of
>> 10'... mine is right outside my office window where I can see it and
>> watch the birds that like to rest there. Mine is hidden behind my
>> house but if you place one in your front yard you'll receive many
>> queries from passers by asking what it is. Oh, and it's a very long
>> lived tree. Unfortunately dogwood trees don't live very long, fifty
>> years is ancients but most are lucky to make 35 years.
>> Click on the thumbnails:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_griseum
>> Click on Expand:
>> http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/detail.php?pid=15
>> When I first planted it I placed a plastic snow coaster as a bird
>> bath, the geese aided in watering and fertilizing:
>> http://i63.tinypic.com/2na1x5l.jpg
>> Now it's one of Ebenezer's rest stops:
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/11rzl05.jpg
>> That family still returns to their spot:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/1jspvr.jpg
>> Cinnamon-like bark:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/wgyrl1.jpg

>Hey Sheldon, well away from the house, there is a lovely one if you
>aren't too north for it? A flowering pear. Talk major spring interest.
>They do not live long and tend to split once they hit 2ft or so but
>well away from a house, thats not much of a problem.
>
> Carol

I have two flowering pear, Redspire... they are long lived and don't
split, mine are more than 20' tall.
http://i68.tinypic.com/vcwfsy.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Nov 2015 19:08:38 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>cshenk wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > late >> before the ground freezes... maybe a sugar maple, a little
>> > leaf linden >> (Greenspire) is a wonderful tree and no leaves to
>> > rake, they just blow >> away.

>> > Since you mentioned having a maple in reply to mine I thought you
>> > had that kind of space... however tehre are plenty of maple trees
>> > that don't grow very large and also make no mess with lots of large
>> > leaves. There are Japanese maples of all kinds that don't grow
>> > very large, many are dwarf trees and they all do very well with
>> > severe pruning as they are commonly used for Bonsai. Another small
>> > maple that's very attractive and interesting is paperbark maple
>> > (Acer griseum), it's slow growing and at most grows to a height of
>> > 15' and a width of 10'... mine is right outside my office window
>> > where I can see it and watch the birds that like to rest there.
>> > Mine is hidden behind my house but if you place one in your front
>> > yard you'll receive many queries from passers by asking what it is.
>> > Oh, and it's a very long lived tree. Unfortunately dogwood trees
>> > don't live very long, fifty years is ancients but most are lucky to
>> > make 35 years. Click on the thumbnails:
>> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_griseum
>> > Click on Expand:
>> > http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/detail.php?pid=15
>> > When I first planted it I placed a plastic snow coaster as a bird
>> > bath, the geese aided in watering and fertilizing:
>> > http://i63.tinypic.com/2na1x5l.jpg
>> > Now it's one of Ebenezer's rest stops:
>> > http://i67.tinypic.com/11rzl05.jpg
>> > That family still returns to their spot:
>> > http://i64.tinypic.com/1jspvr.jpg
>> > Cinnamon-like bark:
>> > http://i64.tinypic.com/wgyrl1.jpg

>> Hey Sheldon, well away from the house, there is a lovely one if you
>> aren't too north for it? A flowering pear. Talk major spring
>> interest. They do not live long and tend to split once they hit 2ft
>> or so but well away from a house, thats not much of a problem.
>>
>> Carol

>Oh sorry, 20-30ft or so is when they split

Since you're the big tree expert lets see you show some of yours...
that's what I thought, you have none... you're a phoney about
everything you post.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 18:59:23 -0700, Carizozo > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>> I use an ELECTRIC mower!! NO 50 million year old plant material used!!

>Wrong.
>
>What is "coal-generated electricity" for $100, Alex?
>
>Damn you are so incredibly STUPID!

They don't come dumber then Kootchie, that's why he's UNemployable...
Kootchie can't even pass Walmart's entry level exam for terlit
maintainence... Kootchie failed TP and soap dispenser refilling.
Kootchie almost passed the test for cart retriever but after he
retrieved a cart he couldn't find his way back to the front door. What
a loser.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 2:16:48 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>

> >No, I will leave that space blank. The front yard is quite small
> >and all the removed tree did was cause me to be getting up
> >leaves long after everyone was through for the year.

> Since you mentioned having a maple in reply to mine I thought you had
> that kind of space.

My tree was quite old and had many hollow limbs. The trunk
was almost completely hollow and was just a matter of time
before it fell. I didn't know it was in that bad of a shape
until it was felled. And it dripped sap 365 days a year. Now
I can actually park in front of my house with sap all over my
vehicle.

I would use the grass catcher on my Toro walk behind
mower to get up the leaves. It acted like an oversized
Hoover vacuum cleaner. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 7:03:01 PM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:

> Hey Sheldon, well away from the house, there is a lovely one if you
> aren't too north for it? A flowering pear. Talk major spring interest.
> They do not live long and tend to split once they hit 2ft or so but
> well away from a house, thats not much of a problem.
>
> Carol

Those trees, I'm guessing you are talking about a Bradford
Pear, do quite well if they are severely trimmed every few
years to take the weight off the limbs and trunk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 7:58:03 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-11-01 7:36 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >. The new Husqvarna push mower I bought last year came with a
> > mulching blade, has a nice Honda motor, it's by far the best push
> > mower I've ever used and I've owned many. It starts on the first pull
> > every time. I bought it from Amazon, right to my door, free shipping:
> > http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...21p/961330019/
> >

> My only question is why does it have a bag for clippings if it is a
> mulching mower. I thought the idea of a mulching mower was that it
> chopped up the grass so well that the clippings don't need to be collected.

Sometimes you want to collect the clippings. When the grass gets really
long between mowing, I don't like to leave it on the lawn; the mulching
blades aren't _that_ good. In the fall, I bag up some leaves and mulch my
garlic beds with them.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 8:24:28 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> eletricity CAN be generated a number
> of infinitely sustainable ways, which petroleum is NOT!!

Nuclear, for example.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/11/2015 10:31 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 8:24:28 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> eletricity CAN be generated a number
>> of infinitely sustainable ways, which petroleum is NOT!!

> Nuclear, for example.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Nuclear is not sustainable nor is it renewable. It requires the use of a
'fuel' and the waste is the most toxic the world knows.

To say that nuclear is 'clean energy' is completely false.

--

Xeno

What're the odds for JFK's head to explode at the very secondJackie put her right arm behind JFK's head? Chemo[_2_] General Cooking 1 04-10-2012 07:48 PM
Fat Head ImStillMags General Cooking 1 29-08-2011 11:00 AM
How To Get The Best Head.... Gregory Morrow[_60_] General Cooking 5 17-07-2008 03:33 AM
Please pat me on the head ans say it's OK Richard Miller Vegan 7 13-01-2006 12:51 AM
Most pubs/head per head of population in the world Griff Beer 6 02-07-2004 06:09 PM