Randal Chapman

Default Price of Hoegaarden:

Greetings all.

Back in Dallas I used to regularly pay ~$6.99 a sixer for Hoegaarden.
Now in Colorado Springs I cannot find it for less than $9.99(!!) and
oftentimes a whole lot more! Could this be because I can only find
beer > 3.2% in liquor stores who (IMO) are notorious for not caring
about beer and price gouging?

Is there any authority to write to report price gouging like this? Or
am I just being naive -- It's okay if I cannot buy Hoegaarden anymore
as my homebrewed wit turned out fantastic.

_Randal
Nick Dempsey

Randal Chapman wrote:

> Greetings all.
>
> Back in Dallas I used to regularly pay ~$6.99 a sixer for Hoegaarden.
> Now in Colorado Springs I cannot find it for less than $9.99(!!) and
> oftentimes a whole lot more! Could this be because I can only find
> beer > 3.2% in liquor stores who (IMO) are notorious for not caring
> about beer and price gouging?
>
> Is there any authority to write to report price gouging like this? Or
> am I just being naive -- It's okay if I cannot buy Hoegaarden anymore
> as my homebrewed wit turned out fantastic.

I thought authorities only become concerned about price gouging when it
applies to "necessities" like food or gasoline. Your Hoegaarden is a
"luxury," and worth whatever the yokels will pay for it.

--NPD
Randal Chapman

Nick Dempsey > wrote in message >...
> Randal Chapman wrote:
>
> I thought authorities only become concerned about price gouging when it
> applies to "necessities" like food or gasoline. Your Hoegaarden is a
> "luxury," and worth whatever the yokels will pay for it.
>
> --NPD

LOL - I didn't mean authorities, I doubt any men in black will raid
Coal Train liquor... To be clear I meant does the brewery or
distributor ever care about price gouging and would they do something
about it?

_Randal

The price of wine here Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 76 28-09-2011 10:34 PM
WSM Price Graeme.....in London Barbecue 26 24-07-2010 05:51 PM
Two for the Price of One. Andy General Cooking 4 19-01-2007 05:51 AM
Best Price for WSM ?? Dktrimb Barbecue 1 03-04-2004 04:29 PM
Is the price right? Tess Cooking Equipment 1 21-12-2003 04:05 PM