Bruce Reistle

Default Dogfish Olde School

I paid little attention to the label when I bought it, and
expected yet another ambitious yet coarse offering from
Dogfish Head. But holy ****ing Jeezus, this beer was
fantastic. Keep in mind I've only had one, and Pamela
Anderson was giving me a blowjob while I was drinking it
(OK, I made that part up), but I haven't been awed like this
by a beer since the first time I tried Westvleteren 12.
Seriously.

Anyway, very soft beer, fruity but not cloying, doesn't
drink like a huge beer but checks in at 15% abv.

I've got more on my mind but I'm being summoned by the
Ball-And-Chain.

Bruce Reistle

Dave Witzel

"Bruce Reistle" > wrote on 16 Feb
2004:
Bruce Reistle:
> I paid little attention to the label when I bought it, and:
> expected yet another ambitious yet coarse offering from
> Dogfish Head. But holy ****ing Jeezus, this beer was
> fantastic. ... I haven't been awed like this
> by a beer since the first time I tried Westvleteren 12.
> Seriously.
>
> Anyway, very soft beer, fruity but not cloying, doesn't
> drink like a huge beer but checks in at 15% abv.

This is your first experience with Olde School? Seriously, it's been
around since last year, and I figured a few bottles were lying around
waiting for you when you checked into the DC area.

It's a great DFH beer, in the original WWS vein: it doesn't nearly
drink its weight, and it isn't strong for the sake of being strong;
there's a hell of a lot of there there.

> I've got more on my mind but I'm being summoned by the
> Ball-And-Chain.

Boo effing Hoo. Is that a good summoned or a bad summoned?

Witzel
Lew Bryson

"Dave Witzel" > wrote in message
8.90...
> It's a great DFH beer, in the original WWS vein: it doesn't nearly
> drink its weight, and it isn't strong for the sake of being strong;
> there's a hell of a lot of there there.

Nicely phrased!

I'll have to steal that...
--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.

Bruce Reistle

"Dave Witzel" > wrote in
message
8.90...

> This is your first experience with Olde School? Seriously,

it's been
> around since last year, and I figured a few bottles were

lying around
> waiting for you when you checked into the DC area.

Keep in mind I've only been here a few months, and this is
the first time it has hit the shelves. Virgin territory,
for me.

> It's a great DFH beer, in the original WWS vein: it

doesn't nearly
> drink its weight, and it isn't strong for the sake of

being strong;
> there's a hell of a lot of there there.

I found WWS to be interesting, but the sort of beer to try
once and then only again on rare occasions. Olde School, on
the other hand, is the sort of beer that I will be pouring
on my cereal for breakfast.

> > I've got more on my mind but I'm being summoned by the
> > Ball-And-Chain.

> Boo effing Hoo. Is that a good summoned or a bad summoned?

Is there a good summoned? Am I missing out on something?

> Witzel

Bruce Reistle

Lew Bryson

"Bruce Reistle" > wrote in message
> "Dave Witzel" > wrote in
> > > I've got more on my mind but I'm being summoned by the
> > > Ball-And-Chain.

> > Boo effing Hoo. Is that a good summoned or a bad summoned?

> Is there a good summoned? Am I missing out on something?

Yeah, man, Witzel's talking about venting your primitive monkey juices!

--
Lew Bryson

"As for talking shit in this NG, Lew, you're the undisputed king, and
that's no SHITE." -- Bob Skilnik, 1/31/02

www.lewbryson.com

Bruce Reistle

"Lew Bryson" > wrote in message
om...
> "Bruce Reistle" > wrote

in message
> > "Dave Witzel" > wrote in

the

> > > Boo effing Hoo. Is that a good summoned or a bad

summoned?

> > Is there a good summoned? Am I missing out on

something?

> Yeah, man, Witzel's talking about venting your primitive

monkey juices!

> --
> Lew Bryson

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. That's my modus operandi.

Dave Witzel

"Lew Bryson" > wrote on 17 Feb 2004:
> "Dave Witzel" > wrote:
>> It's a great DFH beer, in the original WWS vein: it doesn't
>> nearly drink its weight, and it isn't strong for the sake of
>> being strong; there's a hell of a lot of there there.

> Nicely phrased!
>
> I'll have to steal that...

You misspelld "appropriate".

Witzel

Dave Witzel

"Bruce Reistle" > wrote:
> "Dave Witzel" > wrote:
>> This is your first experience with Olde School? Seriously, it's
>> been around since last year, and I figured a few bottles were
>> lying around waiting for you when you checked into the DC area.

> Keep in mind I've only been here a few months, and this is
> the first time it has hit the shelves. Virgin territory,
> for me.

Disregarding the easy bait, there was none about on tap or on shelves
in the fall around there? Mind-boggling. Plus, I can't believe you
couldn't get your hands on this in Houston.

>> It's a great DFH beer, in the original WWS vein: it doesn't
>> nearly drink its weight, and it isn't strong for the sake of
>> being strong; there's a hell of a lot of there there.

> I found WWS to be interesting, but the sort of beer to try
> once and then only again on rare occasions.

The original, or the *******ization of it at 23%+? I think one only
drinks it on rare occasions now due to the bottle price. Hell, it was
a shade under $10 per 12-ounce bottle in a certain beer-and-foofy-
food emporium in an outer borough.

> Olde School, on
> the other hand, is the sort of beer that I will be pouring
> on my cereal for breakfast.

There's Our Bruce.

>> > I've got more on my mind but I'm being summoned by the
>> > Ball-And-Chain.

>> Boo effing Hoo. Is that a good summoned or a bad summoned?

> Is there a good summoned? Am I missing out on something?

"We've had sex twice, and we have two children."

Witzel
Bruce Reistle

"Dave Witzel" > wrote in
message
28.90...

> Disregarding the easy bait, there was none about on tap or

on shelves
> in the fall around there? Mind-boggling. Plus, I can't

believe you
> couldn't get your hands on this in Houston.

Houston has no Dogfish Head. Nor HOTD.

> > Is there a good summoned? Am I missing out on

something?

> "We've had sex twice, and we have two children."
>
> Witzel

You did the math perfectly. But seriously, watching a birth
is a total horror show. Makes you realize in no uncertain
terms what the business end of snatch is for: birthing
babies.

Guys, we've been duped.

Joel

Dave Witzel > wrote:
>"Bruce Reistle" > wrote:
>> "Dave Witzel" > wrote:
>>> This is your first experience with Olde School? Seriously, it's
>>> been around since last year, and I figured a few bottles were
>>> lying around waiting for you when you checked into the DC area.

>> Keep in mind I've only been here a few months, and this is
>> the first time it has hit the shelves. Virgin territory,
>> for me.

>Disregarding the easy bait, there was none about on tap or on shelves
>in the fall around there? Mind-boggling. Plus, I can't believe you
>couldn't get your hands on this in Houston.

I'd bet more than 50% of the population can get their hands
on.... oops, wrong thread.

We get (and "get") Dogfish Head beers up here in flyover
country, but have never seen the Olde School. Rumor has it
that we *may* be getting a few bottles in very soon, but
I'm not holding my breath.
--
Joel Plutchak "Senza la birra tutto diventa orfano."
plutchak@[...] - Italian proverb (slightly revised)

Alexander D. Mitchell IV

> I'd bet more than 50% of the population can get their hands
> on.... oops, wrong thread.
>
> We get (and "get") Dogfish Head beers up here in flyover
> country, but have never seen the Olde School. Rumor has it
> that we *may* be getting a few bottles in very soon, but
> I'm not holding my breath.
> --

Hell, even here in central People's Democratic Republic of Maryland, we have
a hard time locating this stuff--and we're in primo DFH marketing/selling
turf.

Jack Mowbray

"Alexander D. Mitchell IV" > wrote in message >...
> > I'd bet more than 50% of the population can get their hands
> > on.... oops, wrong thread.
> >
> > We get (and "get") Dogfish Head beers up here in flyover
> > country, but have never seen the Olde School. Rumor has it
> > that we *may* be getting a few bottles in very soon, but
> > I'm not holding my breath.
> > --

> Hell, even here in central People's Democratic Republic of Maryland, we have
> a hard time locating this stuff--and we're in primo DFH marketing/selling
> turf.

Village Pump in College Park currently has it in stock.

Jack