Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default dogfish pumpkin ale

Went to my local pub and wanted something different. I ordered the pumpkin
ale that was on tap, $3.00 pint. It was nothing special. Very boring
taste, but a nice color. I didn't taste any spice or very much flavor at
all!

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Damn - not good news. I had arranged for a friend pick me up six as I
can't get them around here. I had always heard good things about the
Dogfish Ale.

Louis

Barb wrote:
> Went to my local pub and wanted something different. I ordered the pumpkin
> ale that was on tap, $3.00 pint. It was nothing special. Very boring
> taste, but a nice color. I didn't taste any spice or very much flavor at
> all!

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Let us know what you think of it!
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Damn - not good news. I had arranged for a friend pick me up six as I
> can't get them around here. I had always heard good things about the
> Dogfish Ale.
>
> Louis
>

> Barb wrote:
>> Went to my local pub and wanted something different. I ordered the
>> pumpkin
>> ale that was on tap, $3.00 pint. It was nothing special. Very boring
>> taste, but a nice color. I didn't taste any spice or very much flavor at
>> all!

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article <7nS0h.998$Gg5.44@trndny02>, "Barb" >
wrote:

> Went to my local pub and wanted something different. I ordered the pumpkin
> ale that was on tap, $3.00 pint. It was nothing special. Very boring
> taste, but a nice color. I didn't taste any spice or very much flavor at
> all!

I think one of the best Pumpkin ales I've tried is the Post Road. I am
not a big Pumpkin ale drinker, maybe twice per year tops.
--
Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Greg "_" wrote:
> In article <7nS0h.998$Gg5.44@trndny02>, "Barb" >
> wrote:
>
>> Went to my local pub and wanted something different. I ordered the pumpkin
>> ale that was on tap, $3.00 pint. It was nothing special. Very boring
>> taste, but a nice color. I didn't taste any spice or very much flavor at
>> all!

> I think one of the best Pumpkin ales I've tried is the Post Road. I am
> not a big Pumpkin ale drinker, maybe twice per year tops.

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale is my current favorite ... like washing down
a mouthful of pie with a nice amber ale.

http://www.buffalobillsbrewery.com/indexset.htm

Nels

--
Nels E Satterlund I don't speak for the company
<-- Use this address please,

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Nels Satterlund wrote in
:

> Greg "_" wrote:
>> In article <7nS0h.998$Gg5.44@trndny02>, "Barb" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Went to my local pub and wanted something different. I ordered the
>>> pumpkin ale that was on tap, $3.00 pint. It was nothing special.
>>> Very boring taste, but a nice color. I didn't taste any spice or
>>> very much flavor at all!

>> I think one of the best Pumpkin ales I've tried is the Post Road. I
>> am not a big Pumpkin ale drinker, maybe twice per year tops.

> Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale is my current favorite ... like washing
> down a mouthful of pie with a nice amber ale.
>
> http://www.buffalobillsbrewery.com/indexset.htm
>
> Nels

Blech. I thought the Buffalo Bill's tasted too much like apple cider.

DB

--
*** ERROR: OUT OF BEER ***
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

You must have a cold or they poured the wrong beer for you. It is ggod and
spicy and much more interesting to me than most pumpkin ales.

"Barb" > wrote in message
> Went to my local pub and wanted something different. I ordered the
> pumpkin ale that was on tap, $3.00 pint. It was nothing special. Very
> boring taste, but a nice color. I didn't taste any spice or very much
> flavor at all!

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

"Barb" > wrote in message
> Went to my local pub and wanted something different. I ordered the
> pumpkin ale that was on tap, $3.00 pint. It was nothing special. Very
> boring taste, but a nice color. I didn't taste any spice or very much
> flavor at all!

Not really a pumpkin beer, but I was just in Savannah for business and
the Moon River Brewing Co. had a beer made from sweet potatoes called
"Tater". One of the more unique beers I've had. Very little hop flavor,
ruby reddish in color and you can taste the sweetness, but not so much
to overwhelm. Nice when sipped by itself. But then, they rim the glass
much like a margarita, using maple syrup, crushed pecans and pumpkin
spices. Surprisingly good.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Agree. Just had my first pint of this from the tap yesterday. At best, just
a slight hint of spicy pumpkin flavor.
I had heard only good things about this brew, but the flavor was certainly
nothing special. (to me).
This years batch of Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale tasted a little better.