Eric Lorenzo

Default Chimay in Boston

I live in Boston, and am looking to buy a Chimay gift set as a
Christmas gift for a friend. This is a package that includes a Chimay
glass and three 33cl bottles of their beers -- one each of the red,
white, and blue. I bought such a set for myself a couple of years
ago, but I was living in a different city, at the time. I've found
this set listed at one online store, so I'm pretty sure they still
exist, but for various reasons I can't order from said online store.

Can anyone suggest a place in the Boston area where I might find this?

Any assistance much appreciated.

Eric Lorenzo
Jeffrey Kaplan

Previously on rec.food.drink.beer, Eric Lorenzo said:

; I live in Boston, and am looking to buy a Chimay gift set as a
; Christmas gift for a friend. This is a package that includes a Chimay
; glass and three 33cl bottles of their beers -- one each of the red,
; white, and blue. I bought such a set for myself a couple of years
; ago, but I was living in a different city, at the time. I've found
; this set listed at one online store, so I'm pretty sure they still
; exist, but for various reasons I can't order from said online store.
;
; Can anyone suggest a place in the Boston area where I might find this?

I don't know for sure, but try Downtown Liquors (or is it "Downtown
Wine & Spirits"?) in Davis Sq, Somerville a try. You might want to
give them a call first, to make sure.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan <*> www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled <*> Send personal mail to gordol

"You know, you're demented." (Mr. Garibaldi, B5 "TKO")
TODD ALSTROM

Try giving Charles Street Liquors a call ...

--
Todd Alström, Founder
http://BeerAdvocate.com - Join the Beer Revolution!

"Eric Lorenzo" > wrote in message
om...
> I live in Boston, and am looking to buy a Chimay gift set as a
> Christmas gift for a friend. This is a package that includes a Chimay
> glass and three 33cl bottles of their beers -- one each of the red,
> white, and blue. I bought such a set for myself a couple of years
> ago, but I was living in a different city, at the time. I've found
> this set listed at one online store, so I'm pretty sure they still
> exist, but for various reasons I can't order from said online store.
>
> Can anyone suggest a place in the Boston area where I might find this?
>
> Any assistance much appreciated.
>
> Eric Lorenzo

Carl Price

In article c.com>,
Jeffrey Kaplan > wrote:

> Previously on rec.food.drink.beer, Eric Lorenzo said:
>
> ; I live in Boston, and am looking to buy a Chimay gift set as a
> ; Christmas gift for a friend. This is a package that includes a Chimay
> ; glass and three 33cl bottles of their beers -- one each of the red,
> ; white, and blue. I bought such a set for myself a couple of years
> ; ago, but I was living in a different city, at the time. I've found
> ; this set listed at one online store, so I'm pretty sure they still
> ; exist, but for various reasons I can't order from said online store.
> ;
> ; Can anyone suggest a place in the Boston area where I might find this?
>
> I don't know for sure, but try Downtown Liquors (or is it "Downtown
> Wine & Spirits"?) in Davis Sq, Somerville a try. You might want to
> give them a call first, to make sure.

You mention the "Boston area". Try Julio's Liquors in Westborough (on
route 9 about 2 miles west of 495). They have one of the most amazing
selections I've seen anywhere (specially Belgian, they have stuff I
haven't seen outside of Antwerp). They usually have a good deal of
holiday gift sets. Call them first at (508) 366-1942 and ask for the
beer manager, Joe Santos.

Normal disclaimer of "no affiliation" just a very satisfied customer.

--
Take out the "REMOVE" in the return address to reply
Eric Lorenzo

Thanks to all who replied.

I ended up finding what I was looking for at University Wine Shop at
991 Mass. Ave. in Cambridge.

Eric

Boston lleichtman Wine 1 19-04-2013 05:15 PM
AYCE in Boston or South of Boston AND AYCE PRICE CapeCodBob Sushi 3 16-10-2008 01:58 PM
Chimay Grand Reserve Blue Label Dee Dee General Cooking 17 17-03-2007 05:49 PM
Sea to You, Boston Peter Sushi 3 31-03-2005 10:57 PM
Chimay date question Bakechad Beer 0 01-03-2004 10:39 PM