March

Default OBER Christmas Beer Festival, Essen, Belgium

Hello to all Christmas Beerlovers,

December 13 and 14 are coming closer and closer. This means the ninth OBER
Christmas beer festival is coming closer as well, and of course preparations
have been started already.

I put the first modified list on the net a couple of days ago, but be
cautious, this is a first draft, which will be modified several times before
becoming definitive. It's mostly last year's list, with some modifications
on the draught beers and some confirmed exclusivities.

The most imported modifications are the following. Please note that some
changes can be made in the next weeks.

On draught:

La Binchoise de Noël (9% ABV) La Binchoise)
Fantôme d'Hiver (7vol%ABV) (Fantôme)
Fantôme de Noël (10vol%ABV)(Fantôme)
Troubadour Obscura (8.5%ABV) (Proefbrouwerij io De Musketiers)
Stille Nacht (12%ABV ) (De Dolle Bouwers ) (to be confirmed))
Leffe Bière de Noël (Interbrew, export voor Frankrijk)
Ultra de Noël (8%)(Ecaussinnes) (8%ABV )
Avec Les Bons Voeux (9.5%ABV ) (Dupont)(to be confirmed))
Affligem 'Noël' (?) (6.5%ABV ) (Affligem BDS) (export voor Frankrijk)
Kempisch Vuur Kerstbier (Proefbrouwerij) (to be confirmed))

Other confirmed exclusive beers

OBER Kerstgebrouw (Epiceahoeve)
Kerstbier (8.5%ABV ) (De Schuur)
Bush Prestige (13%ABV ) (Dubuisson)
Meesters Kerstbier (Meesters)
Mortals Christmas (Mortals Beers)
Li Berwette di Noyé (Blaugies)
Noël du Coeur (6,2%ABV )(La Rulles)
Malheur Brut Noir (De Landtsheer)

Keep your browser on our website, 'cause a lot of changes will be made
before we got our final list ready around December 10. If you know, or find
out about other Belgian Christmas Beers that are not on our list, please
mail me at kerstbier(at)ober.be, and we'll try to get them in Essen for the
fest.

Goaming Christmas Beer regards,

Gunter Mertens
O.B.E.R. & Zythos vzw
www.ober.be
www.irishpubs.be.tf

March

Default OBER Christmas Beer Festival, Essen, Belgium -update

Hello to all Christmas Beerlovers,

Our list of Christmas beers on the net has gone through some changes since
the last "Kerstbiernieuws".
Back then we thought our beers on draught wouldn't change that much.

What has happened? Due to a misunderstanding between brewer and French
importer, we saw the keg Affligem de Noël slip through our hands. Other than
that, we already got the Leffe de Noël; Essen will be the only place in
Belgium where you can get it.

Also the kegs Stille Nacht en Kempisch Vuur in Christmas clothes aren't
confirmed yet. But then the good news: two more exclusive beers: Ultra Noël
Blonde, and 't Smisje Kerst, both perhaps even on draught, to replace the
Stille Nacht and Kempisch Vuur

We definitely want the Brigand Christmas as it is only for Export to the
Netherlands, and only available on draught. And as this is a blond beer, it
would be nice to have on draught.

A keg Abbaye des Rocs de Noël joined the list and will probably push the keg
La Binchoise from the list

Both Fantôme-beers and Troubadour Obscura are confirmed.

And last, but definitely not least we managed to get Oerbier Reserva 2003 on
the list. Worldwide appreciated Oerbier by the Dolle Brouwers, matured on
wooden Bordeaux casks!

Keep your browser on our website, 'cause a lot of changes will be made
before we got our final list ready around December 10. If you know, or find
out about other Belgian Christmas Beers that are not on our list, please
mail me at , and we'll try to get them in Essen for the
fest.

Foaming Christmas Beer regards,

Gunter Mertens
O.B.E.R. & Zythos vzw