March

Default Belgian Cristmas Beer Festival in Essen (B)

Hello to all Christmas Beerlovers,

December 11 and 12 are coming closer and closer. This means the tenth OBER
Christmas beer festival is coming closer as well, and of course preparations
have been started already.We expect A LOT of people. Mouth to mouth
advertising, combined with the internet does it's job. The international
attention for our humble fest is enormous. And not only from neighbour
country The Netherlands. We recieve mails from the USA, UK, Italy, Germany,
France, Sweden, Danmark and even from Australia.

I put the first modified list on the net
(http://home2.pi.be/gmarch/lijst.htm) but be cautious, this is a first
draft, which will be modified several times before becoming definitive.

The most imported modifications are the following. Please note that
somechanges can be made in the next weeks.

As it is our tenth festival, it askes for a special theme. We chose 10 x 10
as a theme, this means:
10 beers on draught from +/- 10%ABV
10 exclusive scoops
10 x 10 = 100 beers.

But our boldest expectations have been exceeded already by the beers we
could find, and the 10 from 10 on draught is hard to stick to when there are
so many good beers we'd like to serve from the keg.

Our 10 from +/- 10%ABV

Abbaye Des Rocs Spéciale Noël (10%)
Avec les Bons Voux (9%)
Blonde de Noël Caulier (10%)
Brigand Christmas (9%)
Christmas Mortal (10%)
Fantôme de Noël (8.7%)
Gouden Carolus Christmas (10%)
La Binchoise Spéciale Noël (9%)
't Smisje Kerst (11%)
Triple de Noël des Fagnes (9.5%)

Extra:
Bush de Noël (12%)
Stille Nacht (12%)
Affligem Patersvat Blond (6.8%)
Leffe de Noël (6.5%)

As we have 14 beers and only 12 taps, and to offer something exclusive to
the people coming on the Sunday as well 2 taps will be switched both days.
We'll announce the beers we start with soon, the kegs that are emptied first
will be replaced by the new beers.

Scoops !

Kerstbier 2004 (De Schuur)
Blonde de Noël (Authentique)
Canaster (Glazen Toren)
Fantôme Babillard BBBrr
Kerstbier 't Gaverhopke
Kerstvuur
't Smisje Calva Reserva
Decennium hobbybrouwerij Struyf M.
Winterbok SNAB
Contreras X-mas
Slagers Kerstbier (Glazen Toren)
And an exclusive brew by de Dolle Brouwers ! More details will be released
the week before the festival

Keep your browser on our website, 'cause a lot of changes will be made
before we got our final list ready around December 9.

Foaming Christmas Beer regards,

Gunter Mertens
O.B.E.R.
www.ober.be

Essen X-mas Beer Fest - PIX ! Filip Geerts Beer 0 24-12-2006 08:51 AM
The Return Of The Belgian Beer Fest Beer List [email protected] Beer 0 14-10-2006 04:31 AM
Belgian Beer in Calais Toffeeman Beer 1 26-02-2006 04:15 PM
Essen Christmas Beer Festival March Beer 0 17-11-2005 01:45 PM
OBER Christmas Beer Festival, Essen, Belgium March Beer 2 12-12-2003 12:38 AM