Seppo Tolonen

Default Need beer prices in Belgium

My coworker in going to Belgium and he offered to bring me few cases of
beer on his way back. The problem is, I cannot find any sites with current
prices of beers in Belgium to figure out if I would actually save any money
with this or not. Could someone help me with this?

I guess my main interest would be on the trappists (Chimay, Orval etc.),
but prices for 'regular' beers, like Stella would be interesting, too.

Regards,

Seppo
Filip Geerts

> My coworker in going to Belgium and he offered to bring me few cases of
> beer on his way back. The problem is, I cannot find any sites with current
> prices of beers in Belgium to figure out if I would actually save any

money
> with this or not. Could someone help me with this?

Please, can you advice your coworker not to enter any 'touristic' beershops
here in Belgium.
Touristic beershops are mainly situated in touristic Belgian cities and are
using extremely high prices !!
Good prices for fresh Trappist beers are located at for example supermarket
Delhaize.
If he could attend this supermarket, he'll get an honest cheap price.
Approx.1 ? is reasonable for a Trappist beer.

> I guess my main interest would be on the trappists (Chimay, Orval etc.),
> but prices for 'regular' beers, like Stella would be interesting, too.

It's around ? 0.39 for 25cl Stella Artois and similar.
So, one crate of 24 bottles would cost around ? 9.4
Note that ? 4.50 refund is additionally charged for the crates !

Cheers,

--
\\//
(oo)

Seppo Tolonen

"Filip Geerts" > wrote in
:

>> My coworker in going to Belgium and he offered to bring me few cases
>> of beer on his way back. The problem is, I cannot find any sites with
>> current prices of beers in Belgium to figure out if I would actually
>> save any

> money
>> with this or not. Could someone help me with this?

> Please, can you advice your coworker not to enter any 'touristic'
> beershops here in Belgium.
> Touristic beershops are mainly situated in touristic Belgian cities
> and are using extremely high prices !!
> Good prices for fresh Trappist beers are located at for example
> supermarket Delhaize.
> If he could attend this supermarket, he'll get an honest cheap price.
> Approx.1 ? is reasonable for a Trappist beer.
>
>> I guess my main interest would be on the trappists (Chimay, Orval
>> etc.), but prices for 'regular' beers, like Stella would be
>> interesting, too.

> It's around ? 0.39 for 25cl Stella Artois and similar.
> So, one crate of 24 bottles would cost around ? 9.4
> Note that ? 4.50 refund is additionally charged for the crates !
>
> Cheers,

Thanks a bunch, Filip!

My friend is a Belgian himself so he won't be visiting any tourist shops

He just couldn't pull any prices out of his hat so I had to try this.

Seppo
Seppo Tolonen

"Filip Geerts" > wrote in
: