BW

Default what the thrill of beer?

What's the thrill of beer? Is it the achievement of making your own,
is it hunting down a speciality brew or chancing across something
special; was it being served your first drink underage; is it drinking
the first pint from your homebrew: or is there something you've done
whilst drinking beer (not necessarily drunk) e.g. watching sport, or
playing chess; or is it the taste, the quenching of thirst on a hot
day?

I am a research fellow at the Royal College of Art, England. As part
of my current work I'm trying to find out what thrills people, how and
why. I'm aiming to create a stimulating resource of material to
inspire new design work.

I'm primarily conducting my research on UseNet, spending time to get
to know different groups of people. Today I've been looking rec.food.
I'd like to invite anyone at R.F.D.B to take my short interview. The
results will be published on the website www.chromo11.com. You can
see the interview at www.chromo11.com/interview16 along with
instructions on how to complete it. (it can be done off-line).

We can talk further in this user-group (please be patient at it takes
me a couple of days to revisit each group) - but it's most
constructive to have any comments put forward in the interview format.
Even though this isn't scientific research, the interview is
fabricated to help me understand your experiences.

I hope you can help, I think it'll make a fantastic edition to the
growing thrill collection.

Thanks

Brendan Walker
+44 (0)20 7590 4573
www.chromo11.com/interview16
Lew Bryson

Wow, Brendan... That is one of the dullest screens I've ever seen. Thrill?
Yawn-ho. I fell asleep halfway through the first question.

"BW" > wrote in message
om...
> What's the thrill of beer? Is it the achievement of making your own,
> is it hunting down a speciality brew or chancing across something
> special; was it being served your first drink underage; is it drinking
> the first pint from your homebrew: or is there something you've done
> whilst drinking beer (not necessarily drunk) e.g. watching sport, or
> playing chess; or is it the taste, the quenching of thirst on a hot
> day?
>
> I am a research fellow at the Royal College of Art, England.

> I'd like to invite anyone at R.F.D.B to take my short interview. The
> results will be published on the website

The Submarine Captain

BW wrote:

>What's the thrill of beer? [...]

try uk.food+drink.real-ale with this one, I'm sure they'll be thrilled...

--
Warning : you may encounter French language beyond this point.

Mon rêve à moi, c'est d'avoir des cornes à double volute...
(F'murrr)

Laurent Mousson, Berne, Switzerland

Dav Vandenbroucke

Beer is nice to drink. I do enjoy finding a new good one, or drinking
the draft version of a beer for the first time. I wouldn't have used
the word "thrill" in connection with any of that, though.

Dav Vandenbroucke

Steve Jackson

"BW" > wrote in message
om...
> What's the thrill of beer?

The "thrill" of beer? Not much, or not much different from the "thrill" of a
hamburger or a steak or a curry. It's something I enjoy consuming. It's
something I enjoy talking about. It's something I'll seek out. But I get my
thrills from things other than foodstuffs.

-Steve

Joris Pattyn

"Dav Vandenbroucke" > schreef
in bericht ...
> Beer is nice to drink. I do enjoy finding a new good one, or drinking
> the draft version of a beer for the first time. I wouldn't have used
> the word "thrill" in connection with any of that, though.

Well, with one exception, maybe. Finally finding an elusive beer which
you've heard about so much, and were unable to ferret out before.
Joris

Lew Bryson

"Steve Jackson" > wrote in message
> "BW" > wrote in message
> > What's the thrill of beer?

> The "thrill" of beer? Not much, or not much different from the "thrill" of

> hamburger or a steak or a curry. It's something I enjoy consuming. It's
> something I enjoy talking about. It's something I'll seek out. But I get

my
> thrills from things other than foodstuffs.

Yeah, I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill...but it wasn't something I was
going to put on my breakfast cereal.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.

BW

Fair and honest comments... especially about the interview screen!

You can see a more glitzy interview page if you go straight to
www.chromo11.com and click on "be interviewed". You'll even see an
animated gif if you look carefully - no expense spared!

I now point to the plain text version because I was accused of using
"bright red lipstick" in earlier user groups!!

Well, I made an effort to remain on topic and ask if you had any BEER
related thrills. Now, I'm heading off topic (at risk of having my
hands slapped) and asking the general question "tell me about ANY
thrill moment that sticks in your mind".

Either go to the dull interview page www.chromo11.com/interview16 or
go to the glitzy pages of www.chromo11.com and follow the
instructions.

Hope you can help further.

Cheers

Brendan Walker
Research Fellow, Royal College of Art
+44(0)20 7590 4573

FA: 1-Day-Left: 6 Books: BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER! (Beer Tasting, Logs, Drinking Games, etc.) Mike[_26_] Marketplace 0 07-07-2007 01:18 PM
"Thrill of the grill" Mike Barbecue 12 04-09-2004 11:17 PM
Thrill to Grill PENMART01 General Cooking 2 26-05-2004 06:44 PM
the thrill of cooking equipment BW Cooking Equipment 0 27-10-2003 03:12 PM
the thrill of chocolate BW Chocolate 0 27-10-2003 02:18 PM