Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default it's octoberfest time

YA?

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

e2out > wrote:
>YA?

Ya der hey! Currently finishing up my first case of Ayinger
Oktober Fest-Märzen. Es ist sehr gut!
--
Joel Plutchak "Beer doesn't stain, if it's a light pilsner."
$LASTNAME at VERYWARMmail.com - Sheldon Miller
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

e2out > wrote:

> YA?

It's practically over (the 5th). Oktoberfest is really in
September.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On 10/2/2008 7:46 AM e2out ignored two million years of human evolution
to write:

> YA?

The single most overrated "beer" fest in the world, where the single
most overrated beer style in the world is served. Who cares?
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Joel wrote:

> Currently finishing up my first case of Ayinger
> Oktober Fest-Märzen. Es ist sehr gut!

I was in Aying on October 2. They had a pub-only seasonal, Kirta-Halbe,
an unfilered Märzen that was superb, and absolutely superior to anything
served at Munich's tedious, crowded, money-grubbing Oktoberfest.

Member

Location: I am living at the border to the Netherlands in Westphalia
Cool

Well, a lot of Germans from all kinds of Germany travel every year to the october feast.
Usually they behave in strange ways, to put it politely.
Actually this shouldn't be an issue whatsoever, but I experienced that this spectacle leads some Bavarians to the belief that they were superior to Germans.
(Yes, I wrote "to Germans", not "to other Germans", and NO, that is no error.)
When I worked as a cook in Munich a certain prejudice confronted me because I am indeed a German (from Lower Saxony) and it turned out that many of the natives knew Germans actually only from the Oktoberfest.
(On my way to work I had to pass the meadow where it always takes place.)
Well, I could do without it... But from the point of view of the Bavarians the opinions of Germans are in general only "a Schmarrn" LOL