Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Default Speaking of Winter Beers/Ales

Randal > wrote:
>On Nov 29, 10:27 am, Larry Swain > wrote:
>> Anyway, thoughts, opinions, ratings of this and other Winter/Holiday
>> beers and ales appreciated.

>Samuel Adams Old Fezziwig and Holiday porter are good. Sierra Nevada
>Celebration is probably my all-time favorite winter beer - it's the
>only beer I ever buy a whole case of. Great Divide Hibernation,
>Deschutes Jubilation and Pyramid Snowcap are all delicious asswell.

Agree about the Celebration Ale-- you'd think I'd be getting
tired of it after all these years, but each year it continues to
impress me with its combination of high yet not outdone hopping
along with a clean, crisp maltiness.
I generally like Avery beers, but I had a Jubilation last night
and think its a bit sharp or something for my tastes.
Enjoying a Delirium Noel right now. Nothing great, but very
pleasant. Can't wait for Samichlaus to show up on tap in town--
Perhaps the ultimate holiday beer.
--

Joel Plutchak "They're not people, they're HIPPIES!"
$LASTNAME at VERYWARMmail.com - Eric Cartman
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Joel wrote:
> Can't wait for Samichlaus to show up on tap in town--
> Perhaps the ultimate holiday beer.

Never had it on tap, must be amazing.

I've read two reports on the beer forums of Eggenberg re-introducing the
old "Light" (as in color, not calories) version of Samichlaus- labeled
"Helles" - this year (which had been dropped by Feldschlösschen in the
mid-80's). Oddly, both reports were from Idaho- not exactly a beer
mecca or even a notable test market, tho' probably a region where a
strong winter beer is welcome.

The Winter Beers Are Out Already ? !! grifty Beer 1 18-10-2006 06:30 AM
Winter Beers [email protected] Beer 4 11-12-2005 05:56 PM
Worst Winter Beers (So Far) grifty Beer 79 29-11-2005 08:03 PM
Saranac 12 Beers of Winter Announced J. Alstrom Beer 0 12-10-2005 01:17 AM
UK Ales for Cooking Alex General Cooking 15 20-01-2004 02:06 AM