Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

Default Low activity, Why?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...ink.beer/about

Why is the activity almost non-existent here ... hell half the posts
are spam and it looks like I am the top poster here this month!
YEAH! ;-) Glad I could help ...

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

In rec.food.drink.beer > wrote:
:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...ink.beer/about
:
: Why is the activity almost non-existent here ... hell half the posts
: are spam and it looks like I am the top poster here this month!
: YEAH! ;-) Glad I could help ...
:

If you're actually reading replies, who are you? I don't think Jason or
Todd would post here through the google engine?

Candice, maybe?

If you're gonna brag, do let us know who is claiming bragging rights.

--
Bill
AT DOT
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

In article . com>, " > wrote:
>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...ink.beer/about
>
>Why is the activity almost non-existent here ... hell half the posts
>are spam and it looks like I am the top poster here this month!
>YEAH! ;-) Glad I could help ...

I think thats pretty much common around the board. Even rec.photo.digital
has dropped off. Look at comp.lang.labview, its
way up.

greg
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

On 13 Mar, 04:10, "d.g.s." > wrote:
> On 3/12/2007 10:12 AM jumped down, turned
>
> around, and wrote:
> > Why is the activity almost non-existent here ...

> We're awaiting the Messiah! Are you the Messiah?
>
> Yes, we're all individuals!
>
> Yes! We've got to work it out for ourselves!
>
> > it looks like I am the top poster here this month!
> > YEAH! ;-) Glad I could help ...

> Being the top poster on a low-traffic newsgroup is like competing in the
> Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
> --
> dgs

no, I think you just proved who the retard is.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

On 12 Mar 2007 10:12:04 -0700, "
> wrote:

>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...ink.beer/about
>
>Why is the activity almost non-existent here ... hell half the posts
>are spam and it looks like I am the top poster here this month!
>YEAH! ;-) Glad I could help ...

OTOH, check out alt.coffee. Must be something different in the drink!
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

On 3/14/2007 2:19 PM MikeMcG jumped down, turned around, and wrote:

> On 13 Mar, 04:10, "d.g.s." > wrote:
>> On 3/12/2007 10:12 AM jumped down, turned
>>
>> around, and wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> it looks like I am the top poster here this month!
>>> YEAH! ;-) Glad I could help ...

>> Being the top poster on a low-traffic newsgroup is like competing in the
>> Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

> no, I think you just proved who the retard is.

You're telling me that the above little riposte actually got your
y-fronts in a twist, Mike? FFS, why? Lighten up and have a beer, lad.
--
dgs
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

On 18 Mar, 05:24, "d.g.s." > wrote:
> On 3/14/2007 2:19 PMMikeMcGjumped down, turned around, and wrote:
>
> > On 13 Mar, 04:10, "d.g.s." > wrote:

> >> Being the top poster on a low-traffic newsgroup is like competing in the
> >> Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

> > no, I think you just proved who the retard is.

> You're telling me that the above little riposte actually got your
> y-fronts in a twist, Mike? FFS, why? Lighten up and have a beer, lad.
> --
> dgs

(I had cask Robinson's Hatters Mild, ta - OK, but a bit bland)

In the past I've spent a fair bit of time with kids & adults who you
might describe as retarded & suffice to say an easy jibe at the
expense of such folks doesn't sit well with me. I think you're point
wasn't to belittle people with learning disabilities (& I think
there's probably a debate to be had about the patronising way society
can treat them) but there's also a wittier & less objectionable way of
saying what you said. (& perhaps a more reasoned way of saying what I
said :~)
cheers
MikeMcG

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

Why? Because newbies who use to come on and ask a naive question or said
something like "I still like a cold Budweiser on a hot day" were hounded and
brow-beated right out of the group by the geeks.

Even beer drinkers who had a bit of knowledge of beer were forced to explain
how they could like brand x when "everybody knows that that beer's shite!"

Who needs the abuse?

I see that some of the biggest hyper-critics seldom or never post anymore
either. Probably ran out of targets of opportunity.

Bob Skilnik
www.beerinfood.wordpress.com

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...ink.beer/about
>
> Why is the activity almost non-existent here ... hell half the posts
> are spam and it looks like I am the top poster here this month!
> YEAH! ;-) Glad I could help ...

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

In article >, "Bob S" > wrote:
>Why?

Too drunk to post.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

Bob S > wrote:
>Why? Because newbies who use to come on and ask a naive question or said
>something like "I still like a cold Budweiser on a hot day" were hounded and
>brow-beated right out of the group by the geeks.

You're wrong. The reason has much more to do with the
growth of new online social interaction paradigms.

Then again the cynical could point to your negative,
brow-beating article as self-referential backing for your
postulate.
--
Joel Plutchak "They're not people, they're HIPPIES!"
$LASTNAME at VERYWARMmail.com - Eric Cartman
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

Your post only solidifies my argument.

"Joel" > wrote in message
> Bob S > wrote:
>>Why? Because newbies who use to come on and ask a naive question or said
>>something like "I still like a cold Budweiser on a hot day" were hounded
>>and
>>brow-beated right out of the group by the geeks.

> You're wrong. The reason has much more to do with the
> growth of new online social interaction paradigms.
>
> Then again the cynical could point to your negative,
> brow-beating article as self-referential backing for your
> postulate.
> --
> Joel Plutchak "They're not people, they're HIPPIES!"
> $LASTNAME at VERYWARMmail.com - Eric Cartman

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer

Joel wrote:
> Bob S > wrote:
>
>>Why? Because newbies who use to come on and ask a naive question or said
>>something like "I still like a cold Budweiser on a hot day" were hounded and
>>brow-beated right out of the group by the geeks.

> You're wrong. The reason has much more to do with the
> growth of new online social interaction paradigms.
>
> Then again the cynical could point to your negative,
> brow-beating article as self-referential backing for your
> postulate.

Actually it's just summer time. Everyone's busy drinking beer outside.
Come October it'll get nice and busy and we can all sit back with our
Jack's Pumpkin ale.

Ben

What is your leisure time activity? Janet18 General 18 20-08-2013 10:57 AM
Activity DAVE DRUM General Cooking 0 17-02-2008 09:22 PM
Group Activity aem General Cooking 4 07-10-2006 09:45 AM
Malo activity Ernest Wesson Winemaking 1 04-02-2005 03:38 AM
activity Vic Winemaking 2 30-09-2004 01:06 AM