Old 10-08-2006, 09:43 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Smoking

Hello

I have gone through a lot of threads and I am looking for a bit of
advice. All I want is a good propane smoker. I already have a fine
BBQ (Napoleon) Canadian made and a Weber for when I want to cook with
charcoal. What I want is a good quality smoker for Turkey and brisket.
All i seem to find are combinations smoker grills. What's a good unit
that I can use propane with that only smokes.

Thanks

Salmo

Old 10-08-2006, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Salmo typed:
Hello

I have gone through a lot of threads and I am looking for a bit of
advice. All I want is a good propane smoker. I already have a fine
BBQ (Napoleon) Canadian made and a Weber for when I want to cook
with
charcoal. What I want is a good quality smoker for Turkey and
brisket.
All i seem to find are combinations smoker grills. What's a good
unit
that I can use propane with that only smokes.

Thanks

Salmo

I thought that propane was supposed to be very clean burning,
actually, smokeless. That's why it can be used indoors for your stove
or oven.

BOB

Old 10-08-2006, 11:00 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Salmo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello

I have gone through a lot of threads and I am looking for a bit of
advice. All I want is a good propane smoker. I already have a fine
BBQ (Napoleon) Canadian made and a Weber for when I want to cook with
charcoal. What I want is a good quality smoker for Turkey and brisket.
All i seem to find are combinations smoker grills. What's a good unit
that I can use propane with that only smokes.

Check the Wal Mart web site. Or in a store in the south. They have one that
is a simple square box with burner. Looks like it would do a decent job.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:11 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Salmo wrote:

Hello

I have gone through a lot of threads and I am looking for a bit of
advice. All I want is a good propane smoker. I already have a fine
BBQ (Napoleon) Canadian made and a Weber for when I want to cook with
charcoal. What I want is a good quality smoker for Turkey and brisket.
All i seem to find are combinations smoker grills. What's a good unit
that I can use propane with that only smokes.

Check out the Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain. Good performance
for the price. Make sure and get the wide body version.

Bring your truck to pick it up, it's heavy. Built like
a tank.

http://shopping.msn.com/reviews/shp/?itemId=61627732

They even have a yahoo group.

Reg

Old 13-08-2006, 05:50 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Reg" wrote in message
m...
Salmo wrote:

Hello

I have gone through a lot of threads and I am looking for a bit of
advice. All I want is a good propane smoker. I already have a fine
BBQ (Napoleon) Canadian made and a Weber for when I want to cook with
charcoal. What I want is a good quality smoker for Turkey and brisket.
All i seem to find are combinations smoker grills. What's a good unit
that I can use propane with that only smokes.

Check out the Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain. Good performance
for the price. Make sure and get the wide body version.

Bring your truck to pick it up, it's heavy. Built like
a tank.

http://shopping.msn.com/reviews/shp/?itemId=61627732

They even have a yahoo group.

Reg

I just ordered one from Walmart without ever seeing it. Like Salmo I have
gas and charcoal side by side. I have used a Meco both in its electric and
charcoal format. It's a hunk of junk. Several posters elsewhere reported
problems with denting and damage of the Great Outdoors Smoker when they
received it. If you order it from Walmart, however, you can return for any
reason.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3342508

Other than that most like it. What has been your experience?

Kent,

What's smoking? BigBadBubba Barbecue 26 11-12-2010 03:38 AM
smoking GregS Beer 21 14-05-2007 12:20 AM
Sub-Zero Smoking Dennis Spexet Barbecue 7 19-02-2006 04:19 AM
Tea & Smoking Laura General 0 18-11-2003 01:26 PM