Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default smoking

A couple weeks ago, I was out at the bar and the owners son passed out cigars.
We had several smoking them. I still have mine, since I was using a cigarette.
We still have some smoking here in these parts. I really hate drinking without smoking.
A couple bars I go to have at least 80-90% smoking rate. Well, I just thought it a shame to
prohibit smoking when most want to in a place, and they go there to do that and drink beer.

greg
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

"GregS" > wrote in message

>A couple weeks ago

Troll.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

"dgs" > schreef in bericht
> "GregS" > wrote in message
>
>>A couple weeks ago

> Troll.

Smoking troll! Must be to cover the breath.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Joris Pattyn > wrote:
> "dgs" > wrote:
>> "GregS" > wrote in message

>>> A couple weeks ago

>> Troll.

> Smoking troll! Must be to cover the breath.

It's non-smoking trolls who have the breath of a dingo.

The punishment for spammers and trolls should be a
..45 caliber sexual sterilization.

Dick
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On 5/5/2007 1:12 AM Dick Adams jumped down, turned around, and wrote:

> Joris Pattyn > wrote:

>>> Troll.

>> Smoking troll! Must be to cover the breath.

> It's non-smoking trolls who have the breath of a dingo.

Perhaps, but the smoking trolls have the breath of a dingo's
arse.
--
dgs

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On May 8, 5:33 am, (GregS) wrote:

> I hear troll but no comments. I have no idea what they talk about. I did
> want to get comments.

OK. While this sort of legislation inherently rubs me the wrong
way, I won't pretend for a second that I don't like the results.
It's nice to come home not smelling like an ashtray, and
it's genuinely a bit of a shock now when I first enter a bar in
a state that still allows smoking, and I get hit with that first
blast of rank, stale smoke.

However, I think some of the 2nd-hand smoke claims are a
bit specious, and I think that nearly as good results could
be achieved by aggressive ventilation.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article .com>, Jon Binkley > wrote:
>On May 8, 5:33 am, (GregS) wrote:
>
>> I hear troll but no comments. I have no idea what they talk about. I did
>> want to get comments.

>OK. While this sort of legislation inherently rubs me the wrong
>way, I won't pretend for a second that I don't like the results.
>It's nice to come home not smelling like an ashtray, and
>it's genuinely a bit of a shock now when I first enter a bar in
>a state that still allows smoking, and I get hit with that first
>blast of rank, stale smoke.
>
>However, I think some of the 2nd-hand smoke claims are a
>bit specious, and I think that nearly as good results could
>be achieved by aggressive ventilation.

When a bar has good filtration and ventillation, as it should, things are not
that bad. I quit smoking for about 6 months several years ago, and bar
hopping became boring. Drinking without smoking was boring to me.
I always liked when someone blew smoke my way. So I started up again.
In the meantime I started the chew. I need to stop smoking because of health
reasons, blood pressure. In the meantime, I'll do what I have to do.
I do like that bar smell. You know that old beer splashed smell. The real smell of
a good old bar.

greg
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

GregS wrote:

> When a bar has good filtration and ventillation, as it should, things are not
> that bad. I quit smoking for about 6 months several years ago, and bar
> hopping became boring. Drinking without smoking was boring to me.
> I always liked when someone blew smoke my way. So I started up again.
> In the meantime I started the chew. I need to stop smoking because of health
> reasons, blood pressure. In the meantime, I'll do what I have to do.
> I do like that bar smell. You know that old beer splashed smell. The real smell of
> a good old bar.

About 2 months after I quit smoking about 4 years ago, I realized I was
tasting things in beers that I'd never tasted before. AFAIAC, if you
truly appreciate beer, smoking can ruin a good part of that
appreciation.

---------->Denny

--
Life begins at 60...1.060, that is.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

And that's just for the person who is doing the smoking.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article >, "Douglas W Hoyt" > wrote:

>And that's just for the person who is doing the smoking.

One thing, I don't usually go to a bar to drink. I go to a bar for entertainment.
Drinking is done with the lightest beer available.

greg
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

GregS > wrote:

>>And that's just for the person who is doing the smoking.

>One thing, I don't usually go to a bar to drink. I go to a bar for entertainment.
>Drinking is done with the lightest beer available.

Oh, so you're ruining it for all the people who *do*
go to a bar to enjoy their beverages. Good on ya.
--
Joel Plutchak "They're not people, they're HIPPIES!"
$LASTNAME at VERYWARMmail.com - Eric Cartman
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

>>One thing, I don't usually go to a bar to drink. I go to a bar for
>> entertainment.
>>Drinking is done with the lightest beer available.

> like good sound system, good band, or flashy women.
> i usually don't get out to sports bars.

Which means you're on the wrong newsgroup. You've got to be at
rec.soc.nitwit.moron

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article >, plutchak AT see.headers (Joel) wrote:
>GregS > wrote:

>>>And that's just for the person who is doing the smoking.

>>One thing, I don't usually go to a bar to drink. I go to a bar for

> entertainment.
>>Drinking is done with the lightest beer available.

> Oh, so you're ruining it for all the people who *do*
>go to a bar to enjoy their beverages. Good on ya.

Ruining what?

If its about smoke, perhaps you forgot, most all are smoking. If there
was others, they seemed to enjoy to be there.

greg

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article >, "Joris Pattyn" > wrote:

>>>One thing, I don't usually go to a bar to drink. I go to a bar for
>>> entertainment.
>>>Drinking is done with the lightest beer available.

>> like good sound system, good band, or flashy women.
>> i usually don't get out to sports bars.
>>

>Which means you're on the wrong newsgroup. You've got to be at
>rec.soc.nitwit.moron

No, beer or bar is all about what I'm talking about. The common denominator..
The boys like to hear their music.

By the way, I do a sound system for a club. I like to think its among the best
sounding system around. Its really hard to find good sound. Very hard.

greg
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

GregS wrote in message ...

>like good sound system, good band, or flashy women.
>i usually don't get out to sports bars.

i have heard of furries but don't know if they have a bar, but am convinced
there should be a botanical
counterpart of people who identify more strongly with flowers when it comes
to sex and reproduction
are there any flowers that grow in lame and sequines that would fit your
bill?

mk5000

"I am looking for steel leinenkugels cans where the pull tab is pointed
DIRECTLY AT THE SEAM. Can MUST be top opened, and mint or close."--toxic
sock

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

Jon Binkley wrote in message
.com>...
>On May 8, 5:33 am, (GregS) wrote:
>
>> I hear troll but no comments. I have no idea what they talk about. I did
>> want to get comments.

>OK. While this sort of legislation inherently rubs me the wrong
>way, I won't pretend for a second that I don't like the results.

fortunately the circuit is known for being the fruits and nuts of the
judiciary. Hopefully, the other circuits and the Supremes can understand
that we have a compelling interest which overrides the right to smoking

>It's nice to come home not smelling like an ashtray, and
>it's genuinely a bit of a shock now when I first enter a bar in
>a state that still allows smoking, and I get hit with that first
>blast of rank, stale smoke.
>
>However, I think some of the 2nd-hand smoke claims are a
>bit specious, and I think that nearly as good results could
>be achieved by aggressive ventilation.

We'll investigate Monday.

mk5000

"However, I have here is a marginal note to a pslam book dated 1617:
" This book was written by the humble monk Tzvetan, on order of master
George, the blessed archbishop of Justiniana the First; of all Bulgarians
and Serbs, of Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia, Ugrovlachia and the rest Dacian
lands patriarch and holder. The ear of AD 1617....."--baba ginka

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

d.g.s. wrote in message >...

>> It's non-smoking trolls who have the breath of a dingo.

>Perhaps, but the smoking trolls have the breath of a dingo's
>arse.
>--

Oh the rich irony, that the word PET is the first syllable of
PETA's name.
BWHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!!
and that the word DIN is the first syllable of dingo

mk5000

"Send me samples of left shoe only."--bob

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Charles Darwin has a word for that.

What's smoking? BigBadBubba Barbecue 26 11-12-2010 03:38 AM
Smoking Salmo Barbecue 4 13-08-2006 05:50 PM
Sub-Zero Smoking Dennis Spexet Barbecue 7 19-02-2006 04:19 AM
Tea & Smoking Laura General 0 18-11-2003 01:26 PM