Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Great Outdoors TG-560 v. Brinkman Pro Series 4675

I saw this grill (Great Outdoors TG-560) when I was out today, and it
seemed pretty nice. 60,000 Btu/hr; Side burner 12,000 Btu/hr;
Rotisserie burner 12,000 Btu/hr. Stainless grates and all, and I think
5 main burners. I was comparing it to a Brinkman Pro Series 4675.
Looked good too, most of the same stats as the other, but no stainless
on the grates. Anyone with experience with either of these? They were
both right at about 450 - 500.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Jim wrote:
:: I saw this grill (Great Outdoors TG-560) when I was out today, and
it
:: seemed pretty nice. 60,000 Btu/hr; Side burner 12,000 Btu/hr;
:: Rotisserie burner 12,000 Btu/hr. Stainless grates and all, and I
think
:: 5 main burners. I was comparing it to a Brinkman Pro Series 4675.
:: Looked good too, most of the same stats as the other, but no
stainless
:: on the grates. Anyone with experience with either of these? They
were
:: both right at about 450 - 500.

http://www.grillforum.com/que/queboard/

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Just more chinese porch ornaments
"Jim" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I saw this grill (Great Outdoors TG-560) when I was out today, and it
> seemed pretty nice. 60,000 Btu/hr; Side burner 12,000 Btu/hr;
> Rotisserie burner 12,000 Btu/hr. Stainless grates and all, and I think
> 5 main burners. I was comparing it to a Brinkman Pro Series 4675.
> Looked good too, most of the same stats as the other, but no stainless
> on the grates. Anyone with experience with either of these? They were
> both right at about 450 - 500.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article <EM16g.713745$084.279913@attbi_s22>, jdoe wrote:
> Just more chinese porch ornaments
> "Jim" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I saw this grill (Great Outdoors TG-560) when I was out today, and it
>> seemed pretty nice. 60,000 Btu/hr; Side burner 12,000 Btu/hr;
>> Rotisserie burner 12,000 Btu/hr. Stainless grates and all, and I think
>> 5 main burners. I was comparing it to a Brinkman Pro Series 4675.
>> Looked good too, most of the same stats as the other, but no stainless
>> on the grates. Anyone with experience with either of these? They were
>> both right at about 450 - 500.

That's the same sort of mess I got into with my "last" grill and it now
sits on the side yard waiting for the bbq fairies to come and get it..
The problem with the fast majority of the BBQs out there are that they
rust and start falling apart within the first year of ownership and
the owner (they would be you) start cussing it out and buying replacement
parts. I've currently got 3 BBQs (one I got for free of the kettle variety)
sitting on the side yard and all are retired and looking for a new home,
but my main BBQ is now 1 month old and is all ceramic (and a little stainless steel)
and allows me to easily achieve the low-n-slows or flamin hot (>600-700 degrees
measured ~18" from the heat souce).. Consider me a happy camper! The grill
alone only cost me $600 and I suspect it's miles better than the stuff
mentioned above.. YMMV!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Well, dont keep it a secret, what type of grill do you have that seems
to be "fariy resistant"? It sounds like it is pretty good and I'd like
to go check it out.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article .com>, Jim wrote:
> Well, dont keep it a secret, what type of grill do you have that seems
> to be "fariy resistant"? It sounds like it is pretty good and I'd like
> to go check it out.

I specifically didn't mention the name since it will cause some people
here to get annoyed.. Mines a Kamado #7 and I realize that a few people here
have issues with that company, but I've not had any problems yet and am still
a happy camper.. I'll be heading down on Saturday morning to get my 20 boxes
of their extruded coconut lump to try out (heard nothing but good stuff about
it) with some ribs on Saturday afternoon..

Anyway, if you still are unfamiliar with Kamado, pop that term in Google and
it's the first hit that comes up (kamado.com).. They do have some supply
chain issues and some customers have had issues over the years, so I guess
time will tell whether or not the multiple uses per week adds up.. I've
probably used my new K7 more times in the last month than I did with all of my
other grills combined over the last 1.5 years..

YMMV!

Great Outdoors Grill Co. Bob Walsh Barbecue 2 12-10-2006 06:14 PM
Great Outdoors Grill Banjo Barbecue 13 31-03-2005 08:09 PM
Great Outdoors Grill Lew/+Silat Barbecue 20 07-09-2004 08:59 PM
Great Outdoors Smoker HS Barbecue 4 17-07-2004 11:41 PM
Smokey Mountain Series by Great Outdoors David Barbecue 1 13-03-2004 02:16 PM