Lew/+Silat

Default Great Outdoors Grill

http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt buy this
one. Ive recommended the WSM.

--
Lew/+Silat

frohe

Lew/+Silat wrote:
> http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
> Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt
> buy
> this one. Ive recommended the WSM.

Looked at one of them before I decided on the WSM. 16 inches on a
side is not a lot of space. Can't imagine fittin a packer cut brisket
or a good sized slab of ribs in one.
--
frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

frohe

Lew/+Silat wrote:
> http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
> Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt
> buy
> this one. Ive recommended the WSM.

Looked at one of them before I decided on the WSM. 16 inches on a
side is not a lot of space. Can't imagine fittin a packer cut brisket
or a good sized slab of ribs in one.
--
frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

bbq

Lew/+Silat wrote:

> http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
> Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt buy this
> one. Ive recommended the WSM.

Don't know much about it, but have seen them in the store. They look
nice, but looks don't cook. I thought the quality was lacking some.
They say it is made of Heavy Gauge Steel, but the WSM is made of a
Heavier Gauge.

Stay with your recommendation on the WSM.

BBQ

bbq

Lew/+Silat wrote:

> http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
> Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt buy this
> one. Ive recommended the WSM.

Don't know much about it, but have seen them in the store. They look
nice, but looks don't cook. I thought the quality was lacking some.
They say it is made of Heavy Gauge Steel, but the WSM is made of a
Heavier Gauge.

Stay with your recommendation on the WSM.

BBQ

Kevin

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
> http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
> Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt

buy this
> one. Ive recommended the WSM.
>

> --
> Lew/+Silat

My Dad was thinking of getting this cooker and I did some research on
it. Yahoo groups has a group just for this cooker and is quite
active. The only real complaint I have read about this one is that
the legs have become loose on a couple over time. The group has tons
of pics in action too. I have no experience with this cooker or the
WSM. Just letting you know about the Yahoo group I found while doing
the same thing for my Dad.

Kevin in Ohio

Bill T

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
> http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
> Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt buy this
> one. Ive recommended the WSM.
>

> --
> Lew/+Silat

I've had one for over a year. It does everything that I've wanted it to.
I've done pork butts for pulled pork, beef briskets, ribs, chickens, pork
loins, bratwurst, and prime rib. Never had a problem. I put a better
thermometer into the door. It holds the temp perfect, without any messing
with it. I put the butts on and go to bed. Anyboby having trouble with the
legs just didn't put it together right!!
To sum it up, I love it!!! :-)
Bill

Bill T

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
> http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
> Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt buy this
> one. Ive recommended the WSM.
>

> --
> Lew/+Silat

I've had one for over a year. It does everything that I've wanted it to.
I've done pork butts for pulled pork, beef briskets, ribs, chickens, pork
loins, bratwurst, and prime rib. Never had a problem. I put a better
thermometer into the door. It holds the temp perfect, without any messing
with it. I put the butts on and go to bed. Anyboby having trouble with the
legs just didn't put it together right!!
To sum it up, I love it!!! :-)
Bill

Bill T

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
> http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
> Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt buy this
> one. Ive recommended the WSM.
>

> --
> Lew/+Silat

I've had one for over a year. It does everything that I've wanted it to.
I've done pork butts for pulled pork, beef briskets, ribs, chickens, pork
loins, bratwurst, and prime rib. Never had a problem. I put a better
thermometer into the door. It holds the temp perfect, without any messing
with it. I put the butts on and go to bed. Anyboby having trouble with the
legs just didn't put it together right!!
To sum it up, I love it!!! :-)
Bill

Matthew L. Martin

frohe wrote:

> Lew/+Silat wrote:
>
>>http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
>>Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt
>>buy
>>this one. Ive recommended the WSM.

> Looked at one of them before I decided on the WSM. 16 inches on a
> side is not a lot of space. Can't imagine fittin a packer cut brisket
> or a good sized slab of ribs in one.

Is this big enough for you?

<http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2555216&cat=4885&type=1&dep t=5428&path=0%3A5428%3A4089>

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Matthew L. Martin

frohe wrote:

> Lew/+Silat wrote:
>
>>http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
>>Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt
>>buy
>>this one. Ive recommended the WSM.

> Looked at one of them before I decided on the WSM. 16 inches on a
> side is not a lot of space. Can't imagine fittin a packer cut brisket
> or a good sized slab of ribs in one.

Is this big enough for you?

<http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2555216&cat=4885&type=1&dep t=5428&path=0%3A5428%3A4089>

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Matthew L. Martin

frohe wrote:

> Lew/+Silat wrote:
>
>>http://store.yahoo.com/epod2000/noname.html
>>Anyone familier with this box? A friend is asking why he shouldnt
>>buy
>>this one. Ive recommended the WSM.

> Looked at one of them before I decided on the WSM. 16 inches on a
> side is not a lot of space. Can't imagine fittin a packer cut brisket
> or a good sized slab of ribs in one.

Is this big enough for you?

<http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2555216&cat=4885&type=1&dep t=5428&path=0%3A5428%3A4089>

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Matthew L. Martin

Bob in socal wrote:

> I'm no expert by far but if I were to buy a new smoker tomorrow,
> the above would be my choice. I almost bought a stainless steel
> model, which they don't advertise and was unique to Costco it seems.
> I hesitated and when I went back to buy one, they were gone.
> The wider model should accommodate full packer cuts without any
> problem.
>
> http://stores.yahoo.com/epod2000/36smokerbb.html

This one caught my eye quite a while ago. But $700 including shipping it
is a bit rich for me.

<http://store.yahoo.com/gasgrillguy/stainsteelga.html>

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Matthew L. Martin

Bob in socal wrote:

> I'm no expert by far but if I were to buy a new smoker tomorrow,
> the above would be my choice. I almost bought a stainless steel
> model, which they don't advertise and was unique to Costco it seems.
> I hesitated and when I went back to buy one, they were gone.
> The wider model should accommodate full packer cuts without any
> problem.
>
> http://stores.yahoo.com/epod2000/36smokerbb.html

This one caught my eye quite a while ago. But $700 including shipping it
is a bit rich for me.

<http://store.yahoo.com/gasgrillguy/stainsteelga.html>

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Frederick Pileggi

Are Great Outdoors Grills being made anymore? Their site has been down for
a while http://www.gogrills.com/ at least for me. The parent company CFM
doesn't show them anymore. I may just not be finding them tho... This
Summer in an Agway, I saw what I thought was a GO 6000 series grill. Nope
it was a Vermont Castings labeled one. VC are also owned by CFM.
"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Bob in socal wrote:
>

>> I'm no expert by far but if I were to buy a new smoker tomorrow,
>> the above would be my choice. I almost bought a stainless steel
>> model, which they don't advertise and was unique to Costco it seems.
>> I hesitated and when I went back to buy one, they were gone.
>> The wider model should accommodate full packer cuts without any
>> problem.
>>
>> http://stores.yahoo.com/epod2000/36smokerbb.html
>>

> This one caught my eye quite a while ago. But $700 including shipping it
> is a bit rich for me.
>
> <http://store.yahoo.com/gasgrillguy/stainsteelga.html>
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
> You can't win
> You can't break even
> You can't get out of the game

Frederick Pileggi

Are Great Outdoors Grills being made anymore? Their site has been down for
a while http://www.gogrills.com/ at least for me. The parent company CFM
doesn't show them anymore. I may just not be finding them tho... This
Summer in an Agway, I saw what I thought was a GO 6000 series grill. Nope
it was a Vermont Castings labeled one. VC are also owned by CFM.
"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Bob in socal wrote:
>

>> I'm no expert by far but if I were to buy a new smoker tomorrow,
>> the above would be my choice. I almost bought a stainless steel
>> model, which they don't advertise and was unique to Costco it seems.
>> I hesitated and when I went back to buy one, they were gone.
>> The wider model should accommodate full packer cuts without any
>> problem.
>>
>> http://stores.yahoo.com/epod2000/36smokerbb.html
>>

> This one caught my eye quite a while ago. But $700 including shipping it
> is a bit rich for me.
>
> <http://store.yahoo.com/gasgrillguy/stainsteelga.html>
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
> You can't win
> You can't break even
> You can't get out of the game

Frederick Pileggi

Are Great Outdoors Grills being made anymore? Their site has been down for
a while http://www.gogrills.com/ at least for me. The parent company CFM
doesn't show them anymore. I may just not be finding them tho... This
Summer in an Agway, I saw what I thought was a GO 6000 series grill. Nope
it was a Vermont Castings labeled one. VC are also owned by CFM.
"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Bob in socal wrote:
>

>> I'm no expert by far but if I were to buy a new smoker tomorrow,
>> the above would be my choice. I almost bought a stainless steel
>> model, which they don't advertise and was unique to Costco it seems.
>> I hesitated and when I went back to buy one, they were gone.
>> The wider model should accommodate full packer cuts without any
>> problem.
>>
>> http://stores.yahoo.com/epod2000/36smokerbb.html
>>

> This one caught my eye quite a while ago. But $700 including shipping it
> is a bit rich for me.
>
> <http://store.yahoo.com/gasgrillguy/stainsteelga.html>
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
> You can't win
> You can't break even
> You can't get out of the game

Joe Rizzo

I have one that I have been using for over a year now. Works great. I am
happy with it, with just a couple of modifications:

1. Put a better thermometer on the door.
2. Change the woodchip box that comes with it, to a small cast iron dutch
oven. Work tremendously better. The wood chips flame up rapidly with that
box. I took mine out and bought a samll dutch oven. Put in chips or
chucks, put lid on it and place it in the same rack that held the chip box.
Smokes for hours.

3. Get an extra LP tank. Nothing worse than running out of gas in the
middle of a project.

I use this smoker as well as a Big Green Egg. Got tired of running out of
gas.

Joe

frohe

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> Is this big enough for you?
> <http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2555216&cat=4885&type=1&dep t=5428&path=0%3A5428%3A4089>

Gettin closer, Mathew. <g>

--
frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

frohe

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> Is this big enough for you?
> <http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2555216&cat=4885&type=1&dep t=5428&path=0%3A5428%3A4089>

Gettin closer, Mathew. <g>

--
frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Great Outdoors Grill Co. Bob Walsh Barbecue 2 12-10-2006 06:14 PM
Great Outdoors TG-560 v. Brinkman Pro Series 4675 Jim Barbecue 5 05-05-2006 05:55 AM
Great Outdoors Grill Banjo Barbecue 13 31-03-2005 08:09 PM
Great Outdoors Smoker HS Barbecue 4 17-07-2004 11:41 PM
New Great Outdoors Big Block Gas Smoker? Dave K. Barbecue 5 27-03-2004 03:30 PM