Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default The Minion Method

Any body have any input on this method?

I found that if you take lump and stack it like a box of toothpicks. Just
stand the pieces up on end and pack them in. You'll always get a wicked long
burn and in most cases you'll have to put the lump out after doing the
biggest Briskets.

I always use this method when using my Weber Smoky Mountain.

If your cooking for a contest...I seem to remember that the Brisket needs to
be cut dead nuts straight across the grain. Rough to spot the grain when the
product is finished. Try this. Get the biggest whole Brisket you can find.
Hopefully it's big to fit in your cooker. Look to see which way the grain
goes and cut the ends off so it's dead nuts straight and fits in your
cooker.

I see guys at contests just slicing a few pieces for the judges so they can
take the rest home. I cut the whole Brisket. Pick the best showy pieces and
enough extra bark pieces for the judges. Your there to win.

Hopefully I can get a few of you Barbeque Gangstaaaas to enter the Pig Roast
Off in 2007.

Pete

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Pete The Butcher wrote:

:: If your cooking for a contest...I seem to remember that the Brisket
needs to
:: be cut dead nuts straight across the grain. Rough to spot the grain
when the
:: product is finished. Try this. Get the biggest whole Brisket you
can find.
:: Hopefully it's big to fit in your cooker. Look to see which way the
grain
:: goes and cut the ends off so it's dead nuts straight and fits in
your
:: cooker.

You need to trim to fit the box *before* you cook, otherwise the ends
will look artificial when placed in the box. No, I'm not a
competition cook, but I do know what looks good in the box to a few
judges.

::
:: I see guys at contests just slicing a few pieces for the judges so
they can
:: take the rest home. I cut the whole Brisket. Pick the best showy
pieces and
:: enough extra bark pieces for the judges. Your there to win.

When I visit the cook sites after the brisket has been turned in and
judged (I'm looking for cold beer!), I see slices of brisket still
out. Most look like they took the best and turned it in.
::
:: Hopefully I can get a few of you Barbeque Gangstaaaas to enter the
Pig Roast
:: Off in 2007.

Which sanctioning body? Whose rules?

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pete The Butcher wrote:
> Any body have any input on this method?
>
> I found that if you take lump and stack it like a box of toothpicks. Just
> stand the pieces up on end and pack them in. You'll always get a wicked long
> burn and in most cases you'll have to put the lump out after doing the
> biggest Briskets.

snip
> Pete

http://tinyurl.com/q2d4b

"The concept behind "The Minion Method" is simple:

* Place a small number of hot coals on top of a full charcoal
chamber of unlit briquettes.
* Using the bottom vents, carefully control the amount of air
entering the cooker to keep the fire burning low and steady.
* The unlit fuel catches fire gradually throughout the cooking
session, resulting in long burn times of up to 18 hours, depending on
weather conditions."

The above quote, states differently, but your concept is reasonable, I
stack briquettes around the outside edge of the grill, place lit ones at
one end and let it burn. Part of the secret is to have a well designed
and tight cooker body where you have great control of the air and not
any tiny gaps all over the place. Doing this, I can get a 5 hour burn on
a tiny weber 19 inch grill.

--
Regards,

Piedmont

The Practical Bar-B-Q'r at: http://web.infoave.net/~amwil/Index.htm

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hi Mike,

What kind of lump do you use?
I need to get a new connection.

Pete

"Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
> Pete The Butcher wrote:
> > Any body have any input on this method?
> >
> > I found that if you take lump and stack it like a box of toothpicks.

Just
> > stand the pieces up on end and pack them in. You'll always get a wicked

long
> > burn and in most cases you'll have to put the lump out after doing the
> > biggest Briskets.

> snip
> > Pete

> http://tinyurl.com/q2d4b
>
> "The concept behind "The Minion Method" is simple:
>
> * Place a small number of hot coals on top of a full charcoal
> chamber of unlit briquettes.
> * Using the bottom vents, carefully control the amount of air
> entering the cooker to keep the fire burning low and steady.
> * The unlit fuel catches fire gradually throughout the cooking
> session, resulting in long burn times of up to 18 hours, depending on
> weather conditions."
>
> The above quote, states differently, but your concept is reasonable, I
> stack briquettes around the outside edge of the grill, place lit ones at
> one end and let it burn. Part of the secret is to have a well designed
> and tight cooker body where you have great control of the air and not
> any tiny gaps all over the place. Doing this, I can get a 5 hour burn on
> a tiny weber 19 inch grill.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Piedmont
>
> The Practical Bar-B-Q'r at: http://web.infoave.net/~amwil/Index.htm
>
> What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
> whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
> or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
>
> Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Which sanctioning body? Whose rules?

This function will be sanctioned by the US dollar. If your Pig comes out
better than mine you'll walk away with my $1K plus yours.

Rules are your Pig has to be more tender & tastier than mine, The crowd will
pick the Champion.

I'll make sure I have a link for you on those rules real soon.
http://www.petethebutcher.com/secrettogoodbarbeque.html

Roast 1 Soon
Pete

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Pete The Butcher wrote:
>

> :: If your cooking for a contest...I seem to remember that the Brisket
> needs to
> :: be cut dead nuts straight across the grain. Rough to spot the grain
> when the
> :: product is finished. Try this. Get the biggest whole Brisket you
> can find.
> :: Hopefully it's big to fit in your cooker. Look to see which way the
> grain
> :: goes and cut the ends off so it's dead nuts straight and fits in
> your
> :: cooker.
>
> You need to trim to fit the box *before* you cook, otherwise the ends
> will look artificial when placed in the box. No, I'm not a
> competition cook, but I do know what looks good in the box to a few
> judges.
>
> ::
> :: I see guys at contests just slicing a few pieces for the judges so
> they can
> :: take the rest home. I cut the whole Brisket. Pick the best showy
> pieces and
> :: enough extra bark pieces for the judges. Your there to win.
>
> When I visit the cook sites after the brisket has been turned in and
> judged (I'm looking for cold beer!), I see slices of brisket still
> out. Most look like they took the best and turned it in.
> ::
> :: Hopefully I can get a few of you Barbeque Gangstaaaas to enter the
> Pig Roast
> :: Off in 2007.
>
> Which sanctioning body? Whose rules?
>
> BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pete The Butcher wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> What kind of lump do you use?
> I need to get a new connection.
>
> Pete

snip

Pete,

I can't help you, right now I'm using Kingsford briquettes, that is,
until I find time to make another batch homemade lump. I make my own lump.

--
Regards,

Piedmont

The Practical Bar-B-Q'r at: http://web.infoave.net/~amwil/Index.htm

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article <T4WSf.127846$4l5.90496@dukeread05>, Pete The Butcher
> wrote:

> I need to get a new connection.

That, and stop top-posting.

Please quote and trim so that your messages make sense.

Kevin
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Pete The Butcher wrote:
:: Which sanctioning body? Whose rules?
::
:: This function will be sanctioned by the US dollar. If your Pig
comes out
:: better than mine you'll walk away with my $1K plus yours.
::
:: Rules are your Pig has to be more tender & tastier than mine, The
crowd will
:: pick the Champion.
::
:: I'll make sure I have a link for you on those rules real soon.
:: http://www.petethebutcher.com/secrettogoodbarbeque.html
::
:: Roast 1 Soon
:: Pete

Oh, I see. You are just spamming for yourself. I must have been
wrong the time I said that you added something to this newsgroup.
Sorry for the confusion.

BOB

::
::
:: " BOB" > wrote in message
:: ...
::: Pete The Butcher wrote:
:::
:::
:::
[...]
:::::
[...]

Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Denny Wheeler wrote:
:: On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:28:42 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:
::
::: Pete The Butcher wrote:
:::
:::
:::
::::: If your cooking for a contest...I seem to remember that the
Brisket
::: needs to be cut dead nuts straight across the grain. Rough to spot
the grain
::: when the product is finished. Try this. Get the biggest whole
Brisket you
::: can find.
::::: Hopefully it's big to fit in your cooker. Look to see which way
the
::: grain goes and cut the ends off so it's dead nuts straight and
fits in
::: your cooker.
:::
::: You need to trim to fit the box *before* you cook, otherwise the
ends
::: will look artificial when placed in the box.
::
:: Seems to me that his 2nd paragraph above clearly says to cut it
before
:: cooking.

Yes, so that you can see the grain. I was thinking about the width so
that it would fit into the standard 9 x 9 styrofoam boxes that are
used in most contests.

Now, I notice that Pete-the-Butcher says he's talking about a hog
cooking contest (see his response to my question about which
sanctioning body). Hmmmmmm?? Brisket from a hog? This from a
butcher? Guess this can be partly blamed on his top-posting. Maybe
he couldn't remember what he was spamming in the first post.

Oh well...

BOB

::
:: --
:: -denny-
:: "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth
unannounced?"

Heh heh. Pete's posts?

:: -over the hedge

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
> Pete The Butcher wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> What kind of lump do you use?
>> I need to get a new connection.
>>
>> Pete

> snip
>
> Pete,
>
> I can't help you, right now I'm using Kingsford briquettes, that is,
> until I find time to make another batch homemade lump. I make my own lump.

Dude, I just don't understand how someone can make their own lump and
then use Kingsford in a pinch.

Other than cooking on deisel, I can't imagine *anything* worse than
Kingsford.

Are you making your own lump from recycled power poles?

--
TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin Craig wrote:
> In article <T4WSf.127846$4l5.90496@dukeread05>, Pete The Butcher
> > wrote:
>

>>I need to get a new connection.

> That, and stop top-posting.
>
> Please quote and trim so that your messages make sense.
>
> Kevin

Yes, please. Take example from Kevvie. He quotes and trims and yet he
still makes no sense.

We need all the help we can get these days.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:
> Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
>> Pete The Butcher wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> What kind of lump do you use?
>>> I need to get a new connection.
>>>
>>> Pete

>> snip
>>
>> Pete,
>>
>> I can't help you, right now I'm using Kingsford briquettes, that is,
>> until I find time to make another batch homemade lump. I make my own
>> lump.
>>

> Dude, I just don't understand how someone can make their own lump and
> then use Kingsford in a pinch.
>
> Other than cooking on deisel, I can't imagine *anything* worse than
> Kingsford.
>
> Are you making your own lump from recycled power poles?

Hey TFM,

Actually I've found Kingford briquettes to the best briquettes. I don't
hesitate to use them when I'm out of homemade lump, which takes a
considerable effort. I've taken it up a notch, as far as making lump
goes. My next batch will be two 55 gallon barrels full. Been using
kingsford since the 70's and I ain't dead yet plus don't notice that
much if any difference in taste to boot. But thats just me.

--
Regards,

Piedmont

The Practical Bar-B-Q'r at: http://web.infoave.net/~amwil/Index.htm

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:53:51 GMT, TFM® >
wrote:

>Kevin Craig wrote:
>> In article <T4WSf.127846$4l5.90496@dukeread05>, Pete The Butcher
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>I need to get a new connection.

>> That, and stop top-posting.
>>
>> Please quote and trim so that your messages make sense.
>>
>> Kevin

>Yes, please. Take example from Kevvie. He quotes and trims and yet he
>still makes no sense.

You don't even know who you're talking to anymore, do you, drunken
hillbilly racist?

>We need all the help we can get these days.

I'm sure that even the benighted, backwoods, backward, and befouled
county containing the rock you crawled out from under has subsidized
mental-health services. Ask the people who give you your food stamps.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
C_S C_S is offline

Sorry, can't tell from your post exactly what it is about the previous post
you don't understand.

Please do not over trim and please top, bottom, and mid-post so that your
messages make sense <g>.

Is there really more than one "Kevin" in the afb universe, or have we now
crossed over to a bizarre alternate afb?

"Kevin Craig" > wrote in message
> In article <T4WSf.127846$4l5.90496@dukeread05>, Pete The Butcher
> > wrote:
>
>> I need to get a new connection.

> That, and stop top-posting.
>
> Please quote and trim so that your messages make sense.
>
> Kevin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:53:51 GMT, TFM® >
> wrote:
>

>>Kevin Craig wrote:

>>>That, and stop top-posting.
>>>
>>>Please quote and trim so that your messages make sense.
>>>
>>>Kevin

>>Yes, please. Take example from Kevvie. He quotes and trims and yet he
>>still makes no sense.

> You don't even know who you're talking to anymore, do you, drunken
> hillbilly racist?

Yeah, I do. I was replying to your white-bread, chicken-shit,
mother-****ing ass.

Check it out. It's all in the attributes. Need a hand?

--
TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no "correct" method
of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's preference.

I prefer top posted replies because it shows up right away when you open the
message, instead of having to waste time

scrolling all the way to the bottom.

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> C_S wrote:
>
>> "Kevin Craig" > wrote in message

>>>That, and stop top-posting.
>>>
>>>Please quote and trim so that your messages make sense.
>>>
>>>Kevin

> * Moved to bottom to follow accepted norms of the group ***
>
>> Sorry, can't tell from your post exactly what it is about the previous
>> post you don't understand.
>>
>> Please do not over trim and please top, bottom, and mid-post so that your
>> messages make sense <g>.
>>
>> Is there really more than one "Kevin" in the afb universe, or have we now
>> crossed over to a bizarre alternate afb?

> Please refrain from top posting. This had been discussed to death on this
> group. Votes taken, etc.. the majority of people here prefer bottom
> posting and it is the "accepted" protocol of the group.(google search the
> group if you don't believe me please. I am *not* trying to start yet
> another mega-discussion on the topic)
>
> Just a friendly word of advice. Top posters usually end up in most peoples
> killfiles here. Your choice.
>
> --
> Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:53:51 GMT, TFM® >
> wrote:
>

>>Kevin Craig wrote:

>>>That, and stop top-posting.
>>>
>>>Please quote and trim so that your messages make sense.
>>>
>>>Kevin

>>Yes, please. Take example from Kevvie. He quotes and trims and yet he
>>still makes no sense.

> You don't even know who you're talking to anymore, do you, drunken
> hillbilly racist?

Did a "teacher" really post this sentence?

Is this the same clown who posts variations of "Son, I've forgotten more
about the English language than you'll ever hope to know, even if you
started studying yesterday and lived to be 100"?

I guess we can see a few things he has forgotten...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"John Busby" > wrote in message
news
> Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no "correct"
> method of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's
> preference.
>
> I prefer top posted replies because it shows up right away when you open
> the message, instead of having to waste time
>
> scrolling all the way to the bottom.
>

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> C_S wrote:

>> * Moved to bottom to follow accepted norms of the group ***
>>
>>> Sorry, can't tell from your post exactly what it is about the previous
>>> post you don't understand.
>>>
>>> Please do not over trim and please top, bottom, and mid-post so that
>>> your messages make sense <g>.
>>>
>>> Is there really more than one "Kevin" in the afb universe, or have we
>>> now crossed over to a bizarre alternate afb?

>> Please refrain from top posting. This had been discussed to death on this
>> group. Votes taken, etc.. the majority of people here prefer bottom
>> posting and it is the "accepted" protocol of the group.(google search the
>> group if you don't believe me please. I am *not* trying to start yet
>> another mega-discussion on the topic)
>>
>> Just a friendly word of advice. Top posters usually end up in most
>> peoples killfiles here. Your choice.
>>
>> --
>> Steve

I've been an avid usenet junkie for over 15 years and usually subscribe to
20 or so groups, and this newsgroup is one of the most intolerant,
mean-spirited that I've ever encountered. I've sure I'll be flamed and
killfiled for not trimming properly, but why can't you guys just get along?
There's a lot I'd like to learn, but this ain't exactly the friendliest
place to do it.

Jim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

John Busby wrote:
> Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no "correct" method
> of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's preference.
>
> I prefer top posted replies because it shows up right away when you open the
> message, instead of having to waste time
>
> scrolling all the way to the bottom.

Please don't top post.

No. I'm not singling you out.

>Dave: Oh! Now it makes sense to me. Okay! No more top-posting for me!
> Bob: It's annoying because it reverses the normal order of
> conversation. In fact, many people ignore top-posted articles.
>> Dave: What's so wrong with that?
>>> Bob: That's posting your response *before* the article you're
>>> quoting.

Matthew

--
I'm a contractor. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

John Busby wrote:
> Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no "correct"
> method of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's
> preference.

Oh, how wrong can one be?:
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/
http://ursine.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Top_Posting
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/kk28...uidelines.html
http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usen.../faq_topp.html
http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/top-posting
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:08:36 GMT, "John Busby" >
wrote:

>Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no "correct" method
>of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's preference.
>
>I prefer top posted replies because it shows up right away when you open the
>message, instead of having to waste time
>
>scrolling all the way to the bottom.

Buh-bye asshole

Harry
>"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> C_S wrote:

>> * Moved to bottom to follow accepted norms of the group ***
>>
>>> Sorry, can't tell from your post exactly what it is about the previous
>>> post you don't understand.
>>>
>>> Please do not over trim and please top, bottom, and mid-post so that your
>>> messages make sense <g>.
>>>
>>> Is there really more than one "Kevin" in the afb universe, or have we now
>>> crossed over to a bizarre alternate afb?

>> Please refrain from top posting. This had been discussed to death on this
>> group. Votes taken, etc.. the majority of people here prefer bottom
>> posting and it is the "accepted" protocol of the group.(google search the
>> group if you don't believe me please. I am *not* trying to start yet
>> another mega-discussion on the topic)
>>
>> Just a friendly word of advice. Top posters usually end up in most peoples
>> killfiles here. Your choice.
>>
>> --
>> Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
C_S C_S is offline

Ya gotta wonder why the "Cabal" insists upon wasting everybody's bandwidth
if all they want to do is chat amongst themselves. Is seems a mail list or
a private Yahoo group would be more appropriate.

Then this group could die the death it deserves. . .

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:56:07 GMT, "Jim Johansen"
> > wrote:
>
>>I've been an avid usenet junkie for over 15 years and usually subscribe to
>>20 or so groups, and this newsgroup is one of the most intolerant,
>>mean-spirited that I've ever encountered.

> And the crowd CHEERS!!
>
>>I've sure I'll be flamed and
>>killfiled for not trimming properly, but why can't you guys just get
>>along?

> The AFB Cabal gets along just fine, thank you. It's all those
> damn tourists we can't stand.
>
>>There's a lot I'd like to learn, but this ain't exactly the friendliest
>>place to do it.

> As soon as a thread start to go downhill, stop reading that
> subthread and move on the next thread or subthread.
>
> We still have our moments of clarity sometimes. Well, most of us
> at least.
>
> ObMeat: I just picked up a 14.5/lb 5.5" thick bone in chuck roast
> (at $.99/lb). Hmm ... decisions, decisions.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
C_S C_S is offline

Amen.

"John Busby" > wrote in message
news
> Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no "correct"
> method of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's
> preference.
>
> I prefer top posted replies because it shows up right away when you open
> the message, instead of having to waste time
>
> scrolling all the way to the bottom.
>

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> C_S wrote:

>> * Moved to bottom to follow accepted norms of the group ***
>>
>>> Sorry, can't tell from your post exactly what it is about the previous
>>> post you don't understand.
>>>
>>> Please do not over trim and please top, bottom, and mid-post so that
>>> your messages make sense <g>.
>>>
>>> Is there really more than one "Kevin" in the afb universe, or have we
>>> now crossed over to a bizarre alternate afb?

>> Please refrain from top posting. This had been discussed to death on this
>> group. Votes taken, etc.. the majority of people here prefer bottom
>> posting and it is the "accepted" protocol of the group.(google search the
>> group if you don't believe me please. I am *not* trying to start yet
>> another mega-discussion on the topic)
>>
>> Just a friendly word of advice. Top posters usually end up in most
>> peoples killfiles here. Your choice.
>>
>> --
>> Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

John Busby wrote:

> Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no "correct"
> method of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's
> preference.

Not if you want to participate in this group.

> I prefer top posted replies because it shows up right away when you
> open the message, instead of having to waste time

That's wrong as well. All posts should be trimmed down and the comments
inserted in the correct spots.

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

C_S wrote:

> Ya gotta wonder why the "Cabal" insists upon wasting everybody's
> bandwidth if all they want to do is chat amongst themselves. Is
> seems a mail list or a private Yahoo group would be more appropriate.
>
> Then this group could die the death it deserves. . .

*plonk*

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

John Busby wrote:
:: Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no
"correct" method
:: of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's
preference.
::
:: I prefer top posted replies because it shows up right away when you
open the
:: message, instead of having to waste time
::
:: scrolling all the way to the bottom.

You lazy...oops. Let me put this where it makes more sense. vvvv

::
::
:: "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
:: ...
::: C_S wrote:
:::
:::: "Kevin Craig" > wrote in message
:::: ...
::::
::::: In article <T4WSf.127846$4l5.90496@dukeread05>, Pete The Butcher
::::: > wrote:
:::::
:::::
[...]
::: --
::: Steve

John, you are a lazy, self centered, egotistical son of a bitch. If
you'd learn to trim your posts, scrolling wouldn't be a problem. As a
matter of fact, scrolling wasn't a problem for me because I had both
of my hands on the keyboard and or the mouse instead of in my pants.

It works if you ever feel the need to communicate.

BOB
--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
C_S C_S is offline

So little content, so much time...

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:48:55 -0800, "C_S"
> > wrote:
>
>>Ya gotta wonder why the "Cabal" insists upon wasting everybody's bandwidth
>>if all they want to do is chat amongst themselves. Is seems a mail list
>>or
>>a private Yahoo group would be more appropriate.

> We need a fresh supply of meat and a Usenet group is the perfect
> lure.
>
> Ask an honest, coherent question here, and you'll usually get an
> honest answer. Then comes the taunting and bickering.
>
> Looking back at your most recent posts you're not exactly bursting
> at the seams with on-topic posts, at least in your most recent
> incarnation. C_S rings a bell from the past though... (which
> usually isn't a good sign here).
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Jim Johansen wrote:

>>>Please refrain from top posting. This had been discussed to death on this
>>>group. Votes taken, etc.. the majority of people here prefer bottom
>>>posting and it is the "accepted" protocol of the group.(google search the
>>>group if you don't believe me please. I am *not* trying to start yet
>>>another mega-discussion on the topic)
>>>
>>>Just a friendly word of advice. Top posters usually end up in most
>>>peoples killfiles here. Your choice.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Steve

> I've been an avid usenet junkie for over 15 years and usually subscribe to
> 20 or so groups, and this newsgroup is one of the most intolerant,
> mean-spirited that I've ever encountered. I've sure I'll be flamed and
> killfiled for not trimming properly, but why can't you guys just get along?
> There's a lot I'd like to learn, but this ain't exactly the friendliest
> place to do it.
>
> Jim

I believe that I was extremely civil and polite in
attempting to explain the accepted norms of the group.
These top-posting asshole just don't get it though.

They're probably the same people who join an organization
that has been in existance for years and immediately try and
get the bylaws changed because they don't happen to like them.

--
Steve
Dumb sign # 27: On a restroom dryer at O'Hare Field in

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:

> Speaking of tea, who's bringing the crumpets to the next Sunday
> morning meeting? I've got some new doilies that I crocheted that
> I'm just dying to show y'all.

I'll bring a container of sweet tea and some hushpuppies, will that work?
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Steve Calvin wrote:
:: I believe that I was extremely civil and polite in
:: attempting to explain the accepted norms of the group.
:: These top-posting asshole just don't get it though.

I thought so. Everything considered.

::
:: They're probably the same people who join an organization
:: that has been in existance for years and immediately try and
:: get the bylaws changed because they don't happen to like them.
::

Or buy a new home built at the end of an airport runway. Then
complain to the FAA about the noise.

Or, buy a home near some railroad tracks. Then complain about the
train's whistle/horn and the noise of the train.

::
::
:: --
:: Steve
:: Dumb sign # 27: On a restroom dryer at O'Hare Field in
:: Chicago: Do not activate with wet hands.

Or write signs like that.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
C_S C_S is offline

Well, the reality is that you really have no control over who does what on
any Usenet group, unless you start a moderated group or go to some sort of
private board. You can rant all you what about what is "proper" and "right"
for this group, but other than just stopping reading the "improper" posts,
there just isn't much you can do to impress your own beliefs on other
posters.

"Default User" > wrote in message
> John Busby wrote:
>
>> Well feel free to break out the kill file then. There is no "correct"
>> method of replying to a post. It is up to the individual user's
>> preference.

> Not if you want to participate in this group.
>
>> I prefer top posted replies because it shows up right away when you
>> open the message, instead of having to waste time

> That's wrong as well. All posts should be trimmed down and the comments
> inserted in the correct spots.
>

> Brian
>
> --
> If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> won't shut up.
> -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"C_S" > wrote in message
> Well, the reality is that you really have no control over who does what on
> any Usenet group.......

.....oh yes there is.

You simply erase them from view.

It's amazing the control I have.

See ya.

Graeme

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Graeme...in London wrote:
> "C_S" > wrote in message
>
>>Well, the reality is that you really have no control over who does what on
>>any Usenet group.......

> ....oh yes there is.
>
> You simply erase them from view.
>
> It's amazing the control I have.
>
> See ya.
>
> Graeme

I'm with you Graeme. And probably most others here. Hope the
anti-social asshole likes talking to himself...

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
WWW WWW is offline

Yes, it really is that easy, isn't it? So why waste all the effort and
bandwidth that seems to permeate this group about what is "proper" and
"correct" when all you have to do is simply filter all the "errors" out?

"Graeme...in London" > wrote in message

> "C_S" > wrote in message
>> Well, the reality is that you really have no control over who does what
>> on
>> any Usenet group.......

> ....oh yes there is.
>
> You simply erase them from view.
>
> It's amazing the control I have.
>
> See ya.
>
> Graeme

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"WWW" > wrote in message
> Yes...

/| /| _____________________
||__|| | |
/ O O\__ | PLEASE DO NOT |
/ \ | FEED THE TROLLS |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ C_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Graeme

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

WWW wrote:
> Yes, it really is that easy, isn't it? So why waste all the effort
> and bandwidth that seems to permeate this group about what is
> "proper" and "correct" when all you have to do is simply filter all
> the "errors" out?

Because some folks really *do* want to be a productive member of a NG, and
just need to know the basic, accepted rules of netiquette. To which they
gladly adapt, knowing that certain basic things like, hmmm..... like
understanding the context of a posted reply really DO matter with the
written word.

But, as you suggested, why waste the bandwidth arguing the same points with
a morphing glop of floatsam as yourself? You couldn't care less about the
usability of this NG, but are, instead, bent on trashing it. See ya.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

WWW wrote:
> Yes, it really is that easy, isn't it? So why waste all the effort and
> bandwidth that seems to permeate this group about what is "proper" and
> "correct" when all you have to do is simply filter all the "errors" out?

Well, it's an attempt to try and teach people how to play
well with others. Obviously wasted on you as well... b-bye

--
Steve
Dumb sign # 27: On a restroom dryer at O'Hare Field in
Chicago: Do not activate with wet hands.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

WWW wrote:

> Yes, it really is that easy, isn't it? So why waste all the effort
> and bandwidth that seems to permeate this group about what is
> "proper" and "correct" when all you have to do is simply filter all
> the "errors" out?

Excellent advice.

*plonk*

Brian
won't shut up.

The Minion Method Hal Burton Barbecue 11 28-03-2006 03:56 AM
WSM Minion Troubles/Lump vs briquettes phyteach Barbecue 10 12-10-2005 12:09 AM
Minion Method with ECB Stan Marks Barbecue 4 10-08-2004 03:49 AM
minion method in a weber kettle grill salchichon Barbecue 0 08-04-2004 10:29 PM
WSM: Minion method works! Gavin Barbecue 0 07-10-2003 02:41 PM