Gavin

Default WSM: Minion method works!

I bought an empty paint can, used a can opener to remove the bottom.
Then I put it in the middle of the fire ring of my WSM, and poured a
mixture of Royal Oak lump and <gasp> kingsford (I was low on the good
stuff) around the outside, to the top of the ring. Poured a chimney
full of gray coals in the paint can, and pulled the can out with its
convenient handle.

I cooked a 6.5 lb pork shoulder for 9 hours and never had to add
coals. Just knocked the ashes off 2 times and added cherry wood chips
a few times. I had the bottom vents almost all the way closed and it
stayed at 240 degrees F at the grill level all DAY! Hallelujah!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: the pork was delicious!

The Minion Method Pete The Butcher Barbecue 114 02-04-2007 02:20 AM
The Minion Method Hal Burton Barbecue 11 28-03-2006 03:56 AM
WSM Minion Troubles/Lump vs briquettes phyteach Barbecue 10 12-10-2005 12:09 AM
Minion Method with ECB Stan Marks Barbecue 4 10-08-2004 03:49 AM
minion method in a weber kettle grill salchichon Barbecue 0 08-04-2004 10:29 PM