Posted to alt.binaries.food,alt.food.barbecue

Default cheap plug - good news from louisiana - cross posted message

Hi All,
Long time lurker and occasional poster in ABF and AFB. It's been
over 6 months since the media started to bore everyone with our
problems, but finally some good news from Louisiana, "Que'in on the
Red". I've never been to any kind of food festival, which we have
many of here in Louisiana, so this is going to be my first.
Alexandria is about 200 miles away, I am near Houma and am leaving
EARLY on the 25th. If anyone is near Houma or New Orleans and wants
a ride, we'll take my truck, I smoke, so my truck. Any worth while
pictures will be posted to ABF upon return if there are no
objections.

I found Que'in on the Red while looking for some streaming AM radio
stations, KSYL am 970 - http://www.ksyl.com/

Que'in on the Red - http://www.queinonthered.com/

I had to dig around to find all of the details, but if interested,
here it is

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs...601180319/1002.

Alexandria Press Release -
http://www.cityofalexandriala.com/bbqpdf.pdf

Alexandria Community Calendar -
http://www.cityofalexandriala.com/co...y/calendar.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

couillion wrote:
> Hi All,
> Long time lurker and occasional poster in ABF and AFB. It's been
> over 6 months since the media started to bore everyone with our
> problems, but finally some good news from Louisiana, "Que'in on the
> Red". I've never been to any kind of food festival, which we have
> many of here in Louisiana, so this is going to be my first.

A BBQ festival in Louisana would be different. They had these big
crawfish boil type festivals around Slidell when I lived there, but not
much barbecue. The one good barbecue restaurant went out of business
while I was there too.

- Bobby

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default cheap plug - good news from louisiana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> couillion wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> Long time lurker and occasional poster in ABF and AFB. It's been
>> over 6 months since the media started to bore everyone with our
>> problems, but finally some good news from Louisiana, "Que'in on
>> the
>> Red". I've never been to any kind of food festival, which we have
>> many of here in Louisiana, so this is going to be my first.

> A BBQ festival in Louisana would be different. They had these big
> crawfish boil type festivals around Slidell when I lived there, but
> not
> much barbecue. The one good barbecue restaurant went out of
> business
> while I was there too.
>
> - Bobby

You're right, it would be different. You name it, we've got a
festival for it, except barbecue. We've got festivals for gumbo,
jambalaya, catfish, crawfish, shrimp and petroleum, strawberries,
wine, omlettes, ducks, frogs, rice, crabs, peaches, pecans,
sugarcane, oranges, Tabasco, Jazz and Mardi Gras, but not much for
smoked meat.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"couillion" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > couillion wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >> Long time lurker and occasional poster in ABF and AFB. It's been
> >> over 6 months since the media started to bore everyone with our
> >> problems, but finally some good news from Louisiana, "Que'in on
> >> the Red". I've never been to any kind of food festival, which we
> >> have many of here in Louisiana, so this is going to be my first.

> > A BBQ festival in Louisana would be different. They had these big
> > crawfish boil type festivals around Slidell when I lived there, but
> > not much barbecue. The one good barbecue restaurant went out of
> > business while I was there too.
> >
> > - Bobby
> >

> You're right, it would be different. You name it, we've got a
> festival for it, except barbecue. We've got festivals for gumbo,
> jambalaya, catfish, crawfish, shrimp and petroleum, strawberries,
> wine, omlettes, ducks, frogs, rice, crabs, peaches, pecans,
> sugarcane, oranges, Tabasco, Jazz and Mardi Gras, but not much for
> smoked meat.

Uhm...there's a large KCBS-sanctioned barbecue festival in Hammond at
the end of this month. I went to it, last year, and it's scheduled again
for this year. Does that count?

--
Stan Marks

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stan Marks" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "couillion" > wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> > A BBQ festival in Louisana would be different. They had these
>> > big
>> > crawfish boil type festivals around Slidell when I lived there,
>> > but
>> > not much barbecue. The one good barbecue restaurant went out of
>> > business while I was there too.
>> >
>> > - Bobby
>> >

>> You're right, it would be different. You name it, we've got a
>> festival for it, except barbecue. We've got festivals for gumbo,
>> jambalaya, catfish, crawfish, shrimp and petroleum, strawberries,
>> wine, omlettes, ducks, frogs, rice, crabs, peaches, pecans,
>> sugarcane, oranges, Tabasco, Jazz and Mardi Gras, but not much for
>> smoked meat.

> Uhm...there's a large KCBS-sanctioned barbecue festival in Hammond
> at
> the end of this month. I went to it, last year, and it's scheduled
> again
> for this year. Does that count?
>
> --
> Stan Marks
>
> A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Thanks Stan, I was unaware of that one, looks like there's going to
be a road trip the following weekend also! -
http://www.hammondbluesandbbq.com/