Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Good day....good 'cue...

Been too busy to post much lately (or 'cue much either for that
matter).

Today had a little shinding for some of my wife's biz. associates and
coworker visiting from Mexico.

Smoked 2 pork butts and a 13 lb. brisket and served them along with
Cole Slaw (two kinds) Red Beans and Rice (one pot with hamhocks, one
vegetarian for one of the guests), homemade hummus (for an appetizer),
a mess of Collard Greens(again, one w/meat and one vegetarian), a
green salad and grilled Portobello mushrooms (for the veggie gal).

We washed it all down with red & white wine and a keg of Fat Tire
Amber.

Fun time was had all around and many compliments on my Kamados and the
food they produced.

One of the projects I have been working on now that my workshop in the
garage of our new house is set up, is an outdoor kitchen unit that I
will be putting on the patio in the back yard just outside our kitchen
window. I've just finished all of the construction and all that
remains it to tile the top surfaces. A good friend of mine is a
potter and is handmaking the tiles for me. Should be done in a few
weeks and we'll haul the sucker outside and put it to good use.

Click on the link to see pics of the project:

http://www.chefjuke.com/project.

Cheers!

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chef Juke wrote:
<snip>

> Click on the link to see pics of the project:
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/project.
>
> Cheers!
>

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
> www.chefjuke.com

Looks nice Chef! A sink even! Where you draining the sink?
Putting in a drywell or something?

--
Steve
No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:08:50 -0500, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Chef Juke wrote:
><snip>
>>
>> Click on the link to see pics of the project:
>>
>> http://www.chefjuke.com/project.
>>
>> Cheers!
>>

>> -Chef Juke
>> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
>> www.chefjuke.com

>Looks nice Chef! A sink even! Where you draining the sink?
>Putting in a drywell or something?

I have two options:

1) As I plan to put this right outside the kitchen window where the
kitchen sink is, i may be able to hook it into both the kitchen water
feeds AND the drain. If not, then I will likely just drain to a 5
gallon bucket in the cabinet below.

I'm waiting until I get it out onto the patio and check the placement
and feasiblility of tapping into the drain line.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Looking really good !!
Is it on wheels ??
If not, will it then sit in one place forever ??

Reason I'm asking is because my kidbrother did a similar thing except his is
stationary and thus can never be moved again. His tiles are granite and he
also has a backsplash. Since his is stationary, he uses natural gas.

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Been too busy to post much lately (or 'cue much either for that
> matter).
>
> Today had a little shinding for some of my wife's biz. associates and
> coworker visiting from Mexico.
>
> Smoked 2 pork butts and a 13 lb. brisket and served them along with
> Cole Slaw (two kinds) Red Beans and Rice (one pot with hamhocks, one
> vegetarian for one of the guests), homemade hummus (for an appetizer),
> a mess of Collard Greens(again, one w/meat and one vegetarian), a
> green salad and grilled Portobello mushrooms (for the veggie gal).
>
> We washed it all down with red & white wine and a keg of Fat Tire
> Amber.
>
> Fun time was had all around and many compliments on my Kamados and the
> food they produced.
>
> One of the projects I have been working on now that my workshop in the
> garage of our new house is set up, is an outdoor kitchen unit that I
> will be putting on the patio in the back yard just outside our kitchen
> window. I've just finished all of the construction and all that
> remains it to tile the top surfaces. A good friend of mine is a
> potter and is handmaking the tiles for me. Should be done in a few
> weeks and we'll haul the sucker outside and put it to good use.
>
> Click on the link to see pics of the project:
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/project.
>
> Cheers!
>

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
> www.chefjuke.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 04:28:18 GMT, "Indo Ruwet" >
wrote:

>Looking really good !!
>Is it on wheels ??
>If not, will it then sit in one place forever ??

It's design is to be freestanding, but as I want to connect the sink
to the house plumbing, I will be looking to make it a little more
permanent.

It will be pretty weatherprrof, even for here in rainy Oregon. The
majority of the construction is Cedar and Cedar Siding which I have
stained with oil stain (natural transparent for the legs and white oil
stain for the doors and walls. Once the tile is done I will do some
additional weatherproofing. When I finish the plumbing configuration
I will anchor the unit to the the outside wall of the house and seal
around the plumbing.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:58:43 -0800, Chef Juke >
wrote:

>Click on the link to see pics of the project:
>
>http://www.chefjuke.com/project.

Very cool.

Questions about the bottom horizontal rail:

One continuous piece or three separate pieces?

Connected to the 4X4 uprights with half-lap or dado joints?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:09:55 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:58:43 -0800, Chef Juke >
>wrote:
>
>>Click on the link to see pics of the project:
>>
>>http://www.chefjuke.com/project.

>Very cool.
>
>Questions about the bottom horizontal rail:
>
>One continuous piece or three separate pieces?
>
>Connected to the 4X4 uprights with half-lap or dado joints?

Actually it's a simpler construction than that (not that basic laps or
dadoes would have been that difficult but I followed the original
design (except for making the center section larger to accomodate my
camp stove)....

The front bottom rail is 3 pieces. All of the bottom rails are
connected to the legs via offset 8" timberlok screws.

The rest of the base is joined using pocket hole joinery via a Kreg
pocket hole jig.

The side wall and back wall panels are connected using construction
adhesive and brad nails.

Once the tiling is done, I am going to caulk all of the lower base
seams to help with the weatherproofing.