Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Bbq side dish

1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
shredded lettuce
garnishes

Since we of the community of alt.food.barbecue know what we're doing
I've ommited the technique. These burritos make a wonderful side dish
to something as classic as pulled pork with all kinds of sauce on it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:13:15 -0500, wrote:

wrote:

> > These burritos make a wonderful side dish
>> to something as classic as pulled pork with all kinds of sauce on it.
>>

>Ground beef burritos as a "side dish" for pulled pork with sauce? Gee,
>sorta like having hamburgers as a side dish for meat loaf or macaroni &
>cheese as a spaghetti side dish, isn't it?

That's one. How many of the rest of you like the looks of the shiny,
shiny lure?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:

> wrote:

> > > Ground beef burritos as a "side dish" for pulled pork with
> > > sauce? Gee, sorta like having hamburgers as a side dish for meat
> > > loaf or macaroni & cheese as a spaghetti side dish, isn't it?

> Heh heh. I was thinking the same thing. Pulled pork burritos might
> be closer, but not as a side dish.

I haven't tried that, but pulled pork makes a dandy filling for soft
tacos.

Brian
won't shut up.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hello Default,

> BOB wrote:

>> Heh heh. I was thinking the same thing. Pulled pork burritos might
>> be closer, but not as a side dish.
>>

> I haven't tried that, but pulled pork makes a dandy filling for soft
> tacos.

Yeah, pulled pork leg (pierna) is a standard taco filling, at least in Texas.

Side dish Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 5 04-09-2011 10:07 AM
Side dish for potlucks? spamtrap1888 General Cooking 30 20-03-2010 04:47 AM
Oatmeal as a side dish [email protected] General Cooking 10 11-07-2008 05:21 AM
Looking for a new side dish? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 0 09-04-2008 12:47 PM
Side dish for Prime Rib [email protected] General Cooking 17 13-01-2007 04:14 PM