Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Big ol feast

Pig Sunday a rousing success. 3 shoulders and 5 slabs of ribs. A mix of oak,
hickory, apple and a little pecan. One shoulder pulled with Lexington style
sauce, another with a Memphis style and the third with an
ancho/molasses/chocolate creation of my own. Ribs mostly KC, but the last
two slabs had the ancho. Everyone more than satisfied. The Oklahoma Joe
performed beautifully. I lurked here and learned from you all, so thanks.

Stephen

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:24:47 GMT, Stephen Pocock
> wrote:

>One shoulder pulled with Lexington style
>sauce, another with a Memphis style and the third with an
>ancho/molasses/chocolate creation of my own

I'm curious what you mean by "pulled with." Do you mean pulled and
then dressed with?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Stephen Pocock > wrote:
> Pig Sunday a rousing success. 3 shoulders and 5 slabs of ribs. A mix of
> oak, hickory, apple and a little pecan. One shoulder pulled with
> Lexington style sauce, another with a Memphis style and the third with an
> ancho/molasses/chocolate creation of my own. Ribs mostly KC, but the last
> two slabs had the ancho. Everyone more than satisfied. The Oklahoma Joe
> performed beautifully. I lurked here and learned from you all, so thanks.

Sounds great, Stephen. If ya got any pics, post 'em on a.b.f

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
|| On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:24:47 GMT, Stephen Pocock
|| > wrote:
||| One shoulder pulled with Lexington style
||| sauce, another with a Memphis style and the third with an
||| ancho/molasses/chocolate creation of my own
|| I'm curious what you mean by "pulled with." Do you mean pulled and
|| then dressed with?

It's English. Not confusing at all. Dressed? You put a dress on
your food? Sheesh Idahoes sure are weird.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:05:40 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>|| On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:24:47 GMT, Stephen Pocock
>|| I'm curious what you mean by "pulled with." Do you mean pulled and
>|| then dressed with?
>
>It's English. Not confusing at all. Dressed? You put a dress on
>your food? Sheesh Idahoes sure are weird.

And another leg-humper rears up on his hind legs. Sad, really sad.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
||| It's English. Not confusing at all. Dressed? You put a dress on
||| your food? Sheesh Idahoes sure are weird.
|| And another leg-humper rears up on his hind legs. Sad, really sad.

Is that what you are doing? I was wondering.

Oh, by the way, haven't you used that response a few too many times?

BOB
--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:05:40 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>and
>|| And another leg-humper rears up on his hind legs. Sad, really sad.
>
>Is that what you are doing? I was wondering.
>
>Oh, by the way, haven't you used that response a few too many times?

I'll stop just as soon as it fails to accurately describe your
behavior, leg-humper.

PS: You're really not very good at this, you know. Why not leave it
to literate people?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

(as usual, nothing)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:55:16 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>
>(as usual, nothing)

<snork> Too funny. Why not just call SPANK! on yourself?

I guess you have decided to leave Usenet to the literate people. Thank
you. Please drive through.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stephen Pocock" > wrote in message

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:24:47 GMT, Stephen Pocock
> >
> >> One shoulder pulled with Lexington style
> >> sauce, another with a Memphis style and the third with an
> >> ancho/molasses/chocolate creation of my own

> > I'm curious what you mean by "pulled with." Do you mean pulled and
> > then dressed with?
> >

> Yes. As opposed to pulled with pliers, or rope or block and tackle.

You'll do all right with a sense of humor here. It's needed sometimes.

See, I too *really* thought you pulled your pork with the sauce somehow, you
know, maybe you freezed it into some utensil shape or something, but I was
on the sauce then too.

So you put some sort of Memphis style sauce on your pork? Sounds good to me!
Ribs, butt, it's all pork.

Not so sure about molasses/chocolate/ancho combo myself, but that's me,
probably would like it if tried.

Keep em coming, bet you got some sauces and mixes I would like to try. Need
to start experimenting myself a bit more.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

>>It's English. Not confusing at all. Dressed? You put a dress on
>>your food? Sheesh Idahoes sure are weird.
>>

> And another leg-humper rears up on his hind legs. Sad, really sad.

Speaking of leg-humping, you're sadly lacking on another thread.

Cat got your tongue?

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:55:16 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:
>

>>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>>
>>(as usual, nothing)
>>

> <snork> Too funny. Why not just call SPANK! on yourself?
>
> I guess you have decided to leave Usenet to the literate people. Thank
> you. Please drive through.

SPNAK! Biatch.

I love you.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® > wrote:
> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> >>
> >>It's English. Not confusing at all. Dressed? You put a dress on
> >>your food? Sheesh Idahoes sure are weird.

> > And another leg-humper rears up on his hind legs. Sad, really sad.

> Speaking of leg-humping, you're sadly lacking on another thread.
>
> Cat got your tongue?

It spent a few minutes on alt.religion.islam, where it rapidly discovered
it was out-classed and slunk off into its Neville CHAMBERlain.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Why when an American is taught to cook barbecue he/she always screws it
up? If you did proper barbecue you wouldn't be slathering all kinds
of wierd sauce combinations all over it. You are doing something wrong
if these 'wonderful' sauce combinations are needed to mask the flavour
of your screw ups.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:03:06 GMT, Stephen Pocock
> > wrote:
>
> > That's pretty condescending...

> No, that's a troll.

Stealing my job? You'll hear from the union.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
|| PS: You're really not very good at this, you know.

No, I'm not. I have better things to do than become as good at
trolling as you.

I actually have a life.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:42:36 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>|| PS: You're really not very good at this, you know.
>
>No, I'm not. I have better things to do than become as good at
>trolling as you.

Dear Crazy Person:
"Trolling" does not mean "making you look stupid in public." I'm
pretty good at that, true, but I have to admit that you are better at
it than I could ever hope to be.

>I actually have a life.

I see. You want someone to flip you a fish?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

{
That's pretty condescending. An application of sauce has been part of
barbecue tradition long before we were born, pal. It's part of the
deal. A
little goes a long way, however, and I'll be the first to agree that a
lot
of people put WAY too much sauce of their 'cue. But to assume that I or

anyone here does it in order to "mask the flavour of your screw ups" is
little on the jackass side of it. Also, by your spelling of "flavour" I

assume that you're not an American, so perhaps you're just
yank-bashing. If
swo, choose soccer or something. Not barbecue. That's ours. The more I
read
your post, the more ****ed off I get.
}
The last thing I want to do is to **** you off. I'm trying to be your
freind here. You are obviously of some intelligence what with catching
the spelling of flavour and all that. I'm not anti-american but I'm
just pointing out what I feel and have experienced. Did you ever stop
to think that you think so much of your 'Q' when it could be vastly
improved?

Prairie Feast Roy[_2_] General Cooking 0 03-05-2012 12:15 AM
This weekend's feast Andy General Cooking 9 06-01-2007 10:34 AM
This weekend's feast ravenlynne General Cooking 0 05-01-2007 02:18 PM
Our Christmas Feast Karen AKA Kajikit General Cooking 8 27-12-2006 03:24 PM