Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This weekend's feast

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

> I'm brining a big fat hen, about 5 pounds. I'm going to split it, brush
> in olive oil, season with s&p, a little rosemary, garlic and maybe some
> onion powder and throw it on the grill. I think I'll also grill some
> eggplant if I can find some decent ones. Natch I'll have the usual
> sides, baked potato, salad and corn on the cob if I can find some.
>
> Michael

Sounds respectable! You can always buy frozen corn-on-the-cob if you can't
find fresh.

I have a pot roast I'll probably turn into BBQ beef sandwiches with coleslaw,
pickles and chips, for game day.

Andy
Go EAGLES!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

> Andy <q> :
>
>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...
>>
>>> I'm brining a big fat hen, about 5 pounds. I'm going to split it,
>>> brush in olive oil, season with s&p, a little rosemary, garlic and
>>> maybe some onion powder and throw it on the grill. I think I'll also
>>> grill some eggplant if I can find some decent ones. Natch I'll have
>>> the usual sides, baked potato, salad and corn on the cob if I can
>>> find some.
>>>
>>> Michael

>> Sounds respectable! You can always buy frozen corn-on-the-cob if you
>> can't find fresh.

> The frozen seems too watery to me. Don't know why.
>

>> I have a pot roast I'll probably turn into BBQ beef sandwiches with
>> coleslaw, pickles and chips, for game day.
>>
>> Andy
>> Go EAGLES!

> Your meal sounds good too. Are you making the chips or buying them?
>
> Michael

Make chips??? I have BUMS!!! coming over to watch the game. They rank
pretty low on the gourmet scale! I could probably get away with soft
pretzels and yellow mustard.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...
>
>> I'm brining a big fat hen, about 5 pounds. I'm going to split it,
>> brush in olive oil, season with s&p, a little rosemary, garlic and
>> maybe some onion powder and throw it on the grill. I think I'll also
>> grill some eggplant if I can find some decent ones. Natch I'll have
>> the usual sides, baked potato, salad and corn on the cob if I can
>> find some.
>>
>> Michael

> I have a pot roast I'll probably turn into BBQ beef sandwiches with
> coleslaw, pickles and chips, for game day.
>
> Andy
> Go EAGLES!

Game day? Oh lord, is that this weekend?! Remind me to rent some DVD's!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

>> I have a pot roast I'll probably turn into BBQ beef sandwiches with
>> coleslaw, pickles and chips, for game day.
>>
>> Andy
>> Go EAGLES!

> Game day? Oh lord, is that this weekend?! Remind me to rent some
> DVD's!
>
> Jill

Jill,

Don't forget to rent some DVDs.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> jmcquown said...
>
>>> I have a pot roast I'll probably turn into BBQ beef sandwiches with
>>> coleslaw, pickles and chips, for game day.
>>>
>>> Andy
>>> Go EAGLES!

>> Game day? Oh lord, is that this weekend?! Remind me to rent some
>> DVD's!
>>
>> Jill

> Jill,
>
> Don't forget to rent some DVDs.
>
> Andy

<SMOOOCH> Thanks, Andy! I'll probably forget anyway

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

> Andy <q> :
>
>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...
>>
>>> Andy <q> :

>>> The frozen seems too watery to me. Don't know why.

>>> Your meal sounds good too. Are you making the chips or buying them?
>>>
>>> Michael

>> Make chips??? I have BUMS!!! coming over to watch the game. They rank
>> pretty low on the gourmet scale! I could probably get away with soft
>> pretzels and yellow mustard.
>>
>> Andy

> Actually soft pretzels and yellow mustard would be a good game snack. I
> really like them but they are way too carby and I only indulge once in
> awhile. I also like to melt cheese on the pretzels
>
> Michael

Michael,

You who's lost 25 pounds dehydrating, are still carb conscious??? You
should probably have a few a day. It's not like you NEED to diet currently.
Am I right? Ya need some fat stores, son!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:08:37 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

>> Actually soft pretzels and yellow mustard would be a good game snack. I
>> really like them but they are way too carby and I only indulge once in
>> awhile. I also like to melt cheese on the pretzels
>>
>> Michael

>Michael,
>
>You who's lost 25 pounds dehydrating, are still carb conscious??? You
>should probably have a few a day. It's not like you NEED to diet currently.
>Am I right? Ya need some fat stores, son!!!
>
>Andy

He's diabetic, and a lot of diabetics have to watch the carb content
in their diet very carefully.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney said...

> On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:08:37 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

>>> Actually soft pretzels and yellow mustard would be a good game snack.
>>> I really like them but they are way too carby and I only indulge once
>>> in awhile. I also like to melt cheese on the pretzels
>>>
>>> Michael

>>Michael,
>>
>>You who's lost 25 pounds dehydrating, are still carb conscious??? You
>>should probably have a few a day. It's not like you NEED to diet
>>currently. Am I right? Ya need some fat stores, son!!!
>>
>>Andy

> He's diabetic, and a lot of diabetics have to watch the carb content
> in their diet very carefully.
>
> Christine

Christine,

OK. I plead ignorance.

I thought it was about sugar intake and insulin balance.

So, how would a diabetic add "emergency weight" to recover the loss? I'm
curious, honestly.

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> I have a pot roast I'll probably turn into BBQ beef sandwiches with
> coleslaw, pickles and chips, for game day.

Hmmm... My girlfriend cooked a very good pot roast today. I think she's
already got plans for the leftovers, but if her plans don't include ALL the
leftovers, I've got hamburger buns, barbecue sauce, cabbage, and pickles.
I'm not a big fan of chips; maybe I can make sweet-potato oven fries.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger said...

> maybe I can make sweet-potato oven fries.

Bob,

Give it all ya got! LOL!

All the best,

Andy

Wedding feast hailyjohn Marketplace 0 15-02-2011 06:15 AM
TN: non-weekend weekend, with Beaujolais, Bdx, and Cahors DaleW Wine 8 12-01-2009 06:01 PM
This weekend's feast Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 1 06-01-2007 10:46 AM
This weekend's feast ravenlynne General Cooking 0 05-01-2007 02:18 PM
Big ol feast Stephen Pocock Barbecue 19 23-02-2006 02:53 PM