Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Our Christmas Feast

We had a very quiet christmas, just me and John and the cats... so I
cooked us a simple but delicious Christmas dinner, and it looked so
good on the table that I was inspired to grab the camera and take some
photos -
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315vFOFkG

I made a roasted turkey breast, a casserole dish of dressing with
craisins and chopped apple in it, a sweet potato casserole topped with
pecan nuts, marshmallows (DH insisted), and coconut, and some
steam-in-the-bag mixed vegetables. I was going to do smashed potatoes
as well but I decided we really didn't need them.

John carved the turkey...
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315sjUnHZ

This is my plate of goodness... I didn't have the makings for gravy
(the turkey didn't have any fat ON it! and I like to cook my poultry
in a water-bath for moistness), so I use the pan juice to moisten my
plate.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315zHxYHh

The girls cadged some of my turkey that I couldn't finish...
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315JAvUPf
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315twfcDF

We nibbled on our 'dessert' at suppertime because we were too stuffed
to want to eat anything else before then - a sour cream apple pie
topped with a pecan/coconut crumble topping (blonde because we didn't
have any brown sugar), and a plate of rumballs.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315HzBvDG

And here's our fridge bursting with leftovers next day... anyone want
to come pay a visit and help us eat them? :P
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315AKnXfG

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:

> We had a very quiet christmas, just me and John and the cats... so I
> cooked us a simple but delicious Christmas dinner, and it looked so
> good on the table that I was inspired to grab the camera and take some
> photos -
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315vFOFkG
>
> I made a roasted turkey breast, a casserole dish of dressing with
> craisins and chopped apple in it, a sweet potato casserole topped with
> pecan nuts, marshmallows (DH insisted), and coconut, and some
> steam-in-the-bag mixed vegetables. I was going to do smashed potatoes
> as well but I decided we really didn't need them.
>
> John carved the turkey...
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315sjUnHZ
>
> This is my plate of goodness... I didn't have the makings for gravy
> (the turkey didn't have any fat ON it! and I like to cook my poultry
> in a water-bath for moistness), so I use the pan juice to moisten my
> plate.
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315zHxYHh
>
> The girls cadged some of my turkey that I couldn't finish...
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315JAvUPf
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315twfcDF
>
> We nibbled on our 'dessert' at suppertime because we were too stuffed
> to want to eat anything else before then - a sour cream apple pie
> topped with a pecan/coconut crumble topping (blonde because we didn't
> have any brown sugar), and a plate of rumballs.
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315HzBvDG
>
> And here's our fridge bursting with leftovers next day... anyone want
> to come pay a visit and help us eat them? :P
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315AKnXfG

Excellent series, thanks!

Had me drooling and running out to the kitchen for more turkey
rice...... ;-d

(Hey, it's what I had on hand hot!)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> We had a very quiet christmas, just me and John and the cats... so I
> cooked us a simple but delicious Christmas dinner, and it looked so
> good on the table that I was inspired to grab the camera and take some
> photos -
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315vFOFkG

Why does everything look burned and dried out?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> We had a very quiet christmas, just me and John and the cats... so I
> cooked us a simple but delicious Christmas dinner, and it looked so
> good on the table that I was inspired to grab the camera and take some
> photos -
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315vFOFkG
>
> I made a roasted turkey breast, a casserole dish of dressing with
> craisins and chopped apple in it, a sweet potato casserole topped with
> pecan nuts, marshmallows (DH insisted), and coconut, and some
> steam-in-the-bag mixed vegetables. I was going to do smashed potatoes
> as well but I decided we really didn't need them.
>
> John carved the turkey...
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315sjUnHZ

LOL from the looks of it, he's not carving the turkey (which looks
positively disgusting BTW), he's digging into his plate! Oink!

> This is my plate of goodness... I didn't have the makings for gravy
> (the turkey didn't have any fat ON it! and I like to cook my poultry
> in a water-bath for moistness), so I use the pan juice to moisten my
> plate.
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315zHxYHh
>
> The girls cadged some of my turkey that I couldn't finish...
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315JAvUPf
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315twfcDF
>
> We nibbled on our 'dessert' at suppertime because we were too stuffed
> to want to eat anything else before then - a sour cream apple pie
> topped with a pecan/coconut crumble topping (blonde because we didn't
> have any brown sugar), and a plate of rumballs.
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315HzBvDG
>
> And here's our fridge bursting with leftovers next day... anyone want
> to come pay a visit and help us eat them? :P
> http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...15899315AKnXfG

May I suggest www.weigh****chers.com?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> <...the usual BS of rfc's resident crack whore deleted...>

So, when are you going to dazzle us all with visions of the ravishing
beauty that is yourself?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Dec 2006 14:01:00 -0800, wrote:

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

PLONK you.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> We had a very quiet christmas, just me and John and the cats... so I
> cooked us a simple but delicious Christmas dinner, and it looked so
> good on the table that I was inspired to grab the camera and take some
> photos -

(snip)

Nice pix, Karen! I think you're going to be eating leftovers for the next
week, though. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 03:59:16 -0500, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
>> We had a very quiet christmas, just me and John and the cats... so I
>> cooked us a simple but delicious Christmas dinner, and it looked so
>> good on the table that I was inspired to grab the camera and take some
>> photos -

>(snip)
>
>Nice pix, Karen! I think you're going to be eating leftovers for the next
>week, though. :~)

I'm sure we are! I'm also sure that we'll fail in the attempt - DH
hates leftovers! He had a burger last night rather than a plate of
reheated Christmas dinner! (I think I definitely got the better end of
the bargain there...) Tonight he doesn't get a choice - I'll cook some
chicken and he can have those side dishes or go hungry :P

Easter Feast Ranee Mueller General Cooking 5 21-04-2006 07:05 AM
Big ol feast Stephen Pocock Barbecue 19 23-02-2006 02:53 PM
The Great Rib Feast Bill Spohn Wine 0 25-10-2003 03:17 PM