Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Looking for a Mustard Sauce Recipe

I have posted my tomato based Bourbon and peach BBQ sauce a few times for
those that like tomato based sauces, does anyone have any good recipes for a
good Mustard based BBQ sauce? Thanks. Here is the Bourbon Peach one for
anyone that wants it:

I use a bottle of plain BBQ sauce for a base like Kraft original or
something. I do not use anything that is "smoke flavored" or "honey mustard"
or anything like that, just plain BBQ sauce. Plan on making two cups. I do a
lot of taste testing in the cooking process to make it excellent.

Warm up the sauce on the stove in a ceramic or glass sauce pot and then add:

A teaspoon of yellow mustard, not the dry stuff (or to taste, too much
mustard makes it sharp)
Some Worsteshire sauce (I just shake the bottle a few times)
4 or 5 big cloves freshly crushed garlic
A quarter cup freshly minced onion
Dash of Cajun Seasoning or seasoned salt (I don't use much salt so I am
light with this stuff, but once again, season to taste)
Black Pepper (I like lots of it)
Tabasco sauce to taste (I use fair amount because I like it hot)
Hand squeeze one half of one small orange (if you over do the O.J. it gets
to be too tangy)
Half teaspoon dill pickle juice (a little goes a long way, go really easy on
it)
Make up 2 cups or so and after you have it tasting great, add 1/2
of a cup of Bourbon and a 1/2 of a cup of peach preserves

- A -

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>I have posted my tomato based Bourbon >and peach BBQ sauce a few times for
>those that like tomato based sauces, does >anyone have any good recipes for

>good Mustard based BBQ sauce? Thanks.

Here's one I picked up somewhere

South Carolina Mustard Barbecue Sauce

1 cup cider vinegar
2/3 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp butter

Combine everything but the butter in a saucepan and bring to a bubbling boil
over med heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the butter.

--
"There are three kinds of men.
The one that learns by reading.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>does anyone have any good recipes for a good Mustard based BBQ sauce?

Try this website- http://www.starfishcons.com/pages/bbqsauce.htm

-look for Carolina Mustard Sauce- it's the 7th recipe on the page. I've
made it to use on pulled pork, and it was really good!

JimnGin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"JimnGin" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> >does anyone have any good recipes for a good Mustard based BBQ sauce?

> Try this website- http://www.starfishcons.com/pages/bbqsauce.htm
>
> -look for Carolina Mustard Sauce- it's the 7th recipe on the page. I've
> made it to use on pulled pork, and it was really good!
>
> JimnGin

Thanks for the recipes folks, I will try them.

- A -