Old 31-03-2011, 05:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default RECIPE: Legal Seafoods crab cakes with mustard mayo sauce

Evelyn wrote:
: On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:16:33 +1000, "Ozgirl"
: wrote:

:
:
: "Storrmmee" wrote in message
: ...
: exactly what i was thinking, the low carb crackers will be interesting
: also
:
: I have never used crackers for that kind of dish before. I would have
: thought low carb bread would have held the cakes together better but as
: I have never tried it, I don't know.

: The last time I made crab cakes I used matzo meal as the binding agent
: and the rest of the recipe was very similar to Susan's.

This just strikes me as funny. I am sure it worked well, but the contrast
of Matzo meal with drab is just so incongruous:-)

Happy Passover, coming soon.

Wendy

Old 31-03-2011, 07:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:42:24 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
wrote:

Evelyn wrote:
: On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:16:33 +1000, "Ozgirl"
: wrote:

:
:
: "Storrmmee" wrote in message
: ...
: exactly what i was thinking, the low carb crackers will be interesting
: also
:
: I have never used crackers for that kind of dish before. I would have
: thought low carb bread would have held the cakes together better but as
: I have never tried it, I don't know.

: The last time I made crab cakes I used matzo meal as the binding agent
: and the rest of the recipe was very similar to Susan's.

This just strikes me as funny. I am sure it worked well, but the contrast
of Matzo meal with drab is just so incongruous:-)

Happy Passover, coming soon.

Wendy

Hi Wendy, it is only just cracker meal without salt, so it is a very
good substitute! I wish you a wonderful Passover too!

Evelyn