Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave

Default Outdoor Cooking Store

Minnesotans - Did the Outdoor Cooking Store close in White Bear? Their
web site is down and I fear the worst. Can't find their number or I'd
call and check myself.

If they are gone - where else do uyou get good lump charcoal in the
Minneapolis area?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq

Dave wrote:

> Minnesotans - Did the Outdoor Cooking Store close in White Bear? Their
> web site is down and I fear the worst. Can't find their number or I'd
> call and check myself.
>
> If they are gone - where else do uyou get good lump charcoal in the
> Minneapolis area?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

A copy of a post I posted to ABF earlier in October. In answer to your
question, the owner of Outdoor Cooking Store also has a charcoal
distributership business in Minneapolis. Northwest Charcoal Company,
2820 13th Ave So. 612.879.8044. Will still have Royal Oak lump, and
hardwoods available there.

I got the following message today. This store was just a few miles from
my home and now I need to find another supplier of lump locally.

Reading between the lines, I have known this day was going to come. This
store specialized in high end cookers, though they did have some of the
lessor expensive models.

Another Mom and Pop type retail establishment closes, because of the big
box stores and consumers sometimes being a bit to frugal.

I am not happy today.

BBQ

To All of Our Loyal Customers (and prospective new customers):

Our store will be closing for good on October 31, 2005. We are so very
appreciative of all your patronage and support over the years. Please
know that we are extremely saddened to have to close this store.

Phil will continue to operate Northwest Charcoal (612-879-8044) and some
product will still be available through him. He will also continue to
service gas grills and gas logs.

If you want to order anything to be shipped, please call 1-800-426-6568
to ensure that product is still available.

Thank you for your kinship and loyalty over the past 15 years. We´ve
always thought of our patrons and employees as part of one big extended
family, and are so grateful for each and every friend we´ve made here.

God bless you.

The Outdoor Cooking Store
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave

Thanks for the info - I'm also sad to see them go.