Michael

"Larry" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:02:57 GMT, "Brian Worthey"
> > wrote:
>
> >Found a butcher shop in my area, went looking for a good pork butt for

this
> >weekend. I asked the guy working there for a butt because I didn't see

any.
> >He said he had some in the back probably aroung 10lbs, and I had already
> >kinda said I didn't want one that big. He comes from the back with one

of
> >the biggest hunks of meat I had ever seen! He puts it on the scale and

it
> >weighed around 19 lbs. I thought well, he'll cut it for me. Wrong! I
> >asked, and again said that I didn't need one that big, and he said he

didn't
> >cut them. I couldn't believe that. I thought he was a butcher shop,
> >butcher the meat! I don't know, just wanted to rant a little bit too!
> >
> >I also saw a cut of meat in the stores that was a pork loin shoulder?

What
> >exactly is this cut?
> >
> >B-Worthey

> Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus. No, Virginia there is no such
> thing as a butcher shop.

Just ranting, I live in a rural county, probably 75 miles across and there's
not ONE butcher shop. Not 1(ONE). Zilch. Zero. Nada. Drives me up a wall.
You can't even order a packer cut at the local store, their distributor
doesn't carry them!

OK, I feel better now. Michael

Larry

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:02:57 GMT, "Brian Worthey"
> wrote:

>Found a butcher shop in my area, went looking for a good pork butt for this
>weekend. I asked the guy working there for a butt because I didn't see any.
>He said he had some in the back probably aroung 10lbs, and I had already
>kinda said I didn't want one that big. He comes from the back with one of
>the biggest hunks of meat I had ever seen! He puts it on the scale and it
>weighed around 19 lbs. I thought well, he'll cut it for me. Wrong! I
>asked, and again said that I didn't need one that big, and he said he didn't
>cut them. I couldn't believe that. I thought he was a butcher shop,
>butcher the meat! I don't know, just wanted to rant a little bit too!
>
>I also saw a cut of meat in the stores that was a pork loin shoulder? What
>exactly is this cut?
>
>B-Worthey

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus. No, Virginia there is no such
thing as a butcher shop.

TFM®

"Michael" > wrote
> Just ranting, I live in a rural county, probably 75 miles across and

there's
> not ONE butcher shop. Not 1(ONE). Zilch. Zero. Nada. Drives me up a wall.
> You can't even order a packer cut at the local store, their distributor
> doesn't carry them!
>
> OK, I feel better now. Michael

Wow, I live in Pasco county, Fl (north of Tampa) and there's a real butcher
shop just around the corner from me. He'll cut me anything I want for a
price. Really good meat though.

Then 25 miles southwest is the greatest meat store ever. With the amount of
meat they move through there, you would swear they have a killing room in
the back.

You can hand them a whole sirloin butt and have it sliced exactly how you
want it.

You can get the most awesome loin chops cut from a bone-in loin for under $2
a lb. I like 'em about an inch and a half thick.

Feeling fortunate in Fl,
TFM®

kilikini

"TFM®" > wrote in message

> "Michael" > wrote
> > Just ranting, I live in a rural county, probably 75 miles across and

> there's
> > not ONE butcher shop. Not 1(ONE). Zilch. Zero. Nada. Drives me up a

wall.
> > You can't even order a packer cut at the local store, their distributor
> > doesn't carry them!
> >
> > OK, I feel better now. Michael
> >

> Wow, I live in Pasco county, Fl (north of Tampa) and there's a real

butcher
> shop just around the corner from me. He'll cut me anything I want for a
> price. Really good meat though.
>
> Then 25 miles southwest is the greatest meat store ever. With the amount

of
> meat they move through there, you would swear they have a killing room in
> the back.
>
> You can hand them a whole sirloin butt and have it sliced exactly how you
> want it.
>
> You can get the most awesome loin chops cut from a bone-in loin for under

$2
> a lb. I like 'em about an inch and a half thick.
>

> Feeling fortunate in Fl,
> TFM®

Um, excuse me, sweetheart, but Felton's is the dreaded meat store. I hate
that place! I have never seen, heard of or SMELLED items that they have for
sale. Anyone care for an entire goat head to put on your cooker? How about
sliced cow penis?

kili <-------- shuddering

TFM®

"kilikini" > wrote

> Um, excuse me, sweetheart, but Felton's is the dreaded meat store. I hate
> that place! I have never seen, heard of or SMELLED items that they have

for
> sale. Anyone care for an entire goat head to put on your cooker? How

about
> sliced cow penis?
>
> kili <-------- shuddering

Cow heads (with tongue) - $25.99

Beef Pizzle - Didn't get the price per pound but found it disgusting
nonetheless.

Pork hearts - $1.28 / lb. (sitting in the fridge now.)

Chorizo - $1.52 / lb. Store made. (in the fridge now)

They sell every imaginable part of all animals (and some unimaginable).
It's truly the greatest store on earth.

TFM®

kilikini

"TFM®" > wrote in message
m...

> "kilikini" > wrote
>
> > Um, excuse me, sweetheart, but Felton's is the dreaded meat store. I

hate
> > that place! I have never seen, heard of or SMELLED items that they have

> for
> > sale. Anyone care for an entire goat head to put on your cooker? How

> about
> > sliced cow penis?
> >
> > kili <-------- shuddering
> >

> Cow heads (with tongue) - $25.99
>
> Beef Pizzle - Didn't get the price per pound but found it disgusting
> nonetheless.
>
> Pork hearts - $1.28 / lb. (sitting in the fridge now.)
>
> Chorizo - $1.52 / lb. Store made. (in the fridge now)
>
> They sell every imaginable part of all animals (and some unimaginable).
> It's truly the greatest store on earth.
>

> TFM®

I beg to differ. I loathe the place, yet you still somehow find a way to
get me to go with you every time. (Even if it's under the guise of a swap
meet...... you *******!)

kili

kilikini

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "TFM®" > wrote in message
> m...
> >
> > "kilikini" > wrote
> >
> > > Um, excuse me, sweetheart, but Felton's is the dreaded meat store. I

> hate
> > > that place! I have never seen, heard of or SMELLED items that they

have
> > for
> > > sale. Anyone care for an entire goat head to put on your cooker? How

> > about
> > > sliced cow penis?
> > >
> > > kili <-------- shuddering
> > >

> > Cow heads (with tongue) - $25.99
> >
> > Beef Pizzle - Didn't get the price per pound but found it disgusting
> > nonetheless.
> >
> > Pork hearts - $1.28 / lb. (sitting in the fridge now.)
> >
> > Chorizo - $1.52 / lb. Store made. (in the fridge now)
> >
> > They sell every imaginable part of all animals (and some unimaginable).
> > It's truly the greatest store on earth.
> >

> > TFM®
> >

> I beg to differ. I loathe the place, yet you still somehow find a way to
> get me to go with you every time. (Even if it's under the guise of a swap
> meet...... you *******!)
>
> kili

I forgot to attach the link; http://www.feltonsmarket.com/

kili

Stan Marks

In article > ,
"kilikini" > wrote:

[SNIP]

> Um, excuse me, sweetheart, but Felton's is the dreaded meat store. I hate
> that place! I have never seen, heard of or SMELLED items that they have for
> sale. Anyone care for an entire goat head to put on your cooker? How about
> sliced cow penis?

Uhm...wouldn't that be *bull* penis? (...well, maybe "steer", too...

--
Stan Marks

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
kilikini

"Stan Marks" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> > Um, excuse me, sweetheart, but Felton's is the dreaded meat store. I

hate
> > that place! I have never seen, heard of or SMELLED items that they have

for
> > sale. Anyone care for an entire goat head to put on your cooker? How

about
> > sliced cow penis?

> Uhm...wouldn't that be *bull* penis? (...well, maybe "steer", too...
>
> --
> Stan Marks
>
> A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Yes, I was already corrected, Stan. Sigh. No matter how you slice it, it's
just plain gross.

kili

Stan Marks

In article > ,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> "Stan Marks" > wrote in message
> > In article > ,
> > "kilikini" > wrote:
> >
> > [SNIP]
> >
> > > Um, excuse me, sweetheart, but Felton's is the dreaded meat
> > > store. I hate that place! I have never seen, heard of or
> > > SMELLED items that they have for sale. Anyone care for an entire
> > > goat head to put on your cooker? How about sliced cow penis?

> > Uhm...wouldn't that be *bull* penis? (...well, maybe "steer", too...

> Yes, I was already corrected, Stan. Sigh. No matter how you slice it, it's
> just plain gross.

Well, I think I can agree with you on that one!

--
Stan Marks

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
Brick

TFM® wrote:

> "Michael" > wrote
>
>>Just ranting, I live in a rural county, probably 75 miles across and

> there's
>
>>not ONE butcher shop. Not 1(ONE). Zilch. Zero. Nada. Drives me up a wall.
>>You can't even order a packer cut at the local store, their distributor
>>doesn't carry them!
>>
>>OK, I feel better now. Michael
>>

> Wow, I live in Pasco county, Fl (north of Tampa) and there's a real butcher
> shop just around the corner from me. He'll cut me anything I want for a
> price. Really good meat though.
>
> Then 25 miles southwest is the greatest meat store ever. With the amount of
> meat they move through there, you would swear they have a killing room in
> the back.
>
> You can hand them a whole sirloin butt and have it sliced exactly how you
> want it.
>
> You can get the most awesome loin chops cut from a bone-in loin for under $2
> a lb. I like 'em about an inch and a half thick.
>

> Feeling fortunate in Fl,
> TFM®

There's yet another butcher here in Tampa just a couple of miles from my house.
The meat counter is at least forty feet long and chock full of huge chunks of
fresh meat. Not a packaged product in sight. whole pork loins, like two feet
long, whole rib roasts, pork chops cut 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick. Great for
stuffing. There's a meat saw right there behind the meat case and four or five
attendants to serve the masses. Live herbs in pots at the cash register. Prices
are competitive with the big box stores, but the quality is much higher.
Cacciatory Bros. on Hanley 1 block N. of Hillsborough.

The Brick said that.

"kilikini" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I forgot to attach the link; http://www.feltonsmarket.com/

Damn. That's almost enough ta get me ta move ta Floridai!

--
Nick. To support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families go to: http://saluteheroes.org/

Tyler Hopper

> Cow heads (with tongue) - $25.99

Sheeit. You can make yoself some gin ewe wine Mescan barbacoa wid dem.

Graeme...in London

"Tyler Hopper" > wrote in message
.. .
> > Cow heads (with tongue) - $25.99

> Sheeit. You can make yoself some gin ewe wine Mescan barbacoa wid dem.

That's a good price, Tyler, I pay 2 times that here.

Smoked tongue for lunch tomorrow:-)

Graeme

All of this reminds me of the slaugherhouse we used to carry our hogs
to when I was growing up.

The butchers there used to say the only thing on an animal they
couldn't recycle was the squeal of a pig and the moo of a cow.

And for "gin ewe wine Mescan barbacoa" you need goat as well as the
cow

Jon

Delbert Stanley

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> The butchers there used to say the only thing on an animal they
> couldn't recycle was the squeal of a pig.

Ned ("Deliverance") Beatty had no problem!

F.G. Whitfurrows

Delbert Stanley wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> The butchers there used to say the only thing on an animal they
>> couldn't recycle was the squeal of a pig.

> Ned ("Deliverance") Beatty had no problem!

Thats 'cause he had religion and was willing to pray.

--
The Honorable Reverend
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows

--Weddings performed for a nominal fee.
--Beer accepted in lieu of cash payment.

~patches~

Larry wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:02:57 GMT, "Brian Worthey"
> > wrote:
>

>>Found a butcher shop in my area, went looking for a good pork butt for this
>>weekend. I asked the guy working there for a butt because I didn't see any.
>>He said he had some in the back probably aroung 10lbs, and I had already
>>kinda said I didn't want one that big. He comes from the back with one of
>>the biggest hunks of meat I had ever seen! He puts it on the scale and it
>>weighed around 19 lbs. I thought well, he'll cut it for me. Wrong! I
>>asked, and again said that I didn't need one that big, and he said he didn't
>>cut them. I couldn't believe that. I thought he was a butcher shop,
>>butcher the meat! I don't know, just wanted to rant a little bit too!
>>
>>I also saw a cut of meat in the stores that was a pork loin shoulder? What
>>exactly is this cut?
>>
>>B-Worthey

> Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus. No, Virginia there is no such
> thing as a butcher shop.

Oh yes there is! Our butcher shop is awesome and then some. They have
never disappointed and always cut my meat exactly the way I want it
including the 3x ground sirloin I get for a particular dish on major
holidays.