kurtk

Default Gone from the 29th - 3rd.. What can I have ready to go on the 4th?

Hi Group,

I am leaving for a vacation on 6/29 and am returning on the 7/3. What can I
pre-marinate, vacuum seal and cook on the 4th?

I have a simple bullet water smoker, plenty of lump, some oak and a mess of
pecan.

I would love to hear all ideas.

Regards, Kurt

Edwin Pawlowski

"kurtk" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi Group,
>
> I am leaving for a vacation on 6/29 and am returning on the 7/3. What can
> I pre-marinate, vacuum seal and cook on the 4th?
>
> I have a simple bullet water smoker, plenty of lump, some oak and a mess
> of pecan.

Not everything has to be or should be marinated. Do a pork loin and a
chicken.

parrotheada1a

Another option is to buy a NY sirloin roast and smoke roast it. Three
lbs and over should be big enough, I generally get one cut about 4
inches thick. I cook it at 225 deg over a water pan. I use Jack Daniels
mixed with a bit of soy sauce in a spray bottle as a baste. Liberally
rubbed with your favorite dry mix.