Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ready for the BIG Day?

August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote

> August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.

Wow! And I have a big bag of them and was thinking to make
rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough for the freezer. Good timing.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:47:34 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.

Last weekend I bought a 4-1/2 lb bag at BJs, so I'm set
Unfortunately it's been too humid to make cookies.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "hahabogus" > wrote
>
>> August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.

> Wow! And I have a big bag of them and was thinking to make
> rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough for the freezer. Good timing.
>
> nancy

I have a big bag of them, but I was thinking of just sitting here and eating
them by the handful.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Felice Friese" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> "hahabogus" > wrote
>>
>>> August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.

>> Wow! And I have a big bag of them and was thinking to make
>> rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough for the freezer. Good timing.

> I have a big bag of them, but I was thinking of just sitting here and
> eating them by the handful.

Heh, that sounds like a plan, plus you avoid all that annoying
flour/butter/sugar mess! Imagine the calories you save, too.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice Friese said...

> I have a big bag of them, but I was thinking of just sitting here and
> eating them by the handful.

I used to take a handful of Chips Ahoy cookies and crush them up into a
glass, add milk and eat it with a spoon! Quite delicious!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:47:48 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> "hahabogus" > wrote
>>
>>> August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.

>> Wow! And I have a big bag of them and was thinking to make
>> rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough for the freezer. Good timing.

> I have one of those 7lb Nestle Tollhouse bags from CostCo. Only
> 6.2lbs to go.

Haha, I bought that once, along with a bag of walnuts, but that's back
when I was desperate for that marshmallow fluff fudge. Took me a
while but I managed to go through both. Won't be buying that many
chips again.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Felice Friese said...
>
>> I have a big bag of them, but I was thinking of just sitting here and
>> eating them by the handful.

> I used to take a handful of Chips Ahoy cookies and crush them up into a
> glass, add milk and eat it with a spoon! Quite delicious!
>
> Andy

Sounds like a breakfast to me.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 5:47 pm, hahabogus > wrote:
> August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.
>
> --
>
> The house of the burning beet-Alan
>
> It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
> Elbonian Folklore

I'd say home made chocolate chip ice cream is the way to go.

...fred

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in
:

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote
>
>> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:47:48 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> "hahabogus" > wrote

>>> Wow! And I have a big bag of them and was thinking to make
>>> rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough for the freezer. Good timing.

>> I have one of those 7lb Nestle Tollhouse bags from CostCo. Only
>> 6.2lbs to go.

> Haha, I bought that once, along with a bag of walnuts, but that's back
> when I was desperate for that marshmallow fluff fudge. Took me a
> while but I managed to go through both. Won't be buying that many
> chips again.
>
> nancy

That remionds me of the scolding I recieved recently.
This past weekend My Daughter moved. She caught on to my trickery when
she packed the excessive amounts of baking stuff I'd 'left' at her house
(4 bags of walnuts, 6 bags of chocolate chips, 3 bags of pecans and
various bags of other goodies like baking chocolate) over the years of
doing the xmas baking at her house, cause it was bigger. That wasn't
counting the stuff she threw out because it was too old. I guess I hid
the stuff too well.

I did this because she always complained of the price of stuff we used
when we did the baking.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.
>
> --
>
> The house of the burning beet-Alan

Oh sure, *now* you tell me! I just made these (amazingly good) cookies yesterday that
took 3 whole cups of chocolate chips! 2 were melted for the dough, the other cup was
stirred in. Coupled with the coffee, they made a mighty fine cookie. Oh well, guess
I'll be forced to repeat the experience on the 4th....

;-)

kimberly
--
http://one.revver.com/watch/324733/flv/affiliate/99865
"I think that's my bathing suit. Is that one of my bathing suits? That is totally my

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice Friese said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> Felice Friese said...
>>
>>> I have a big bag of them, but I was thinking of just sitting here and
>>> eating them by the handful.

>> I used to take a handful of Chips Ahoy cookies and crush them up into a
>> glass, add milk and eat it with a spoon! Quite delicious!
>>
>> Andy

> Sounds like a breakfast to me.
>
> Felice

Felice,

It warms my heart that you and others have taken the baton and run with
"lunch and dinner" breakfasts, as I sit here having a morning bowl of
grapes.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.

You may have mine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:

> August 4th is Chocolate chip day....So plan accordingly.

Since I will be out of town on the 4th, I should make chocolate chip
cookies today. No sense in waiting. <g>

Saturday was Chocolate Day so I made Barb's brownies. Sunday night,
dessert was a brownie, topped with two scoops of vanilla ice cream,
Hershey's chocolate syrup drizzled on top, whipped cream, pecans and a
cherry. Yes, it was fantastic.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> It warms my heart that you and others have taken the baton and run with
> "lunch and dinner" breakfasts, as I sit here having a morning bowl of
> grapes.
>
> Andy

Grapes are nice, but they are not as good as Ghirardelli chocolate
chips. Sam's Club used to sell them and I bought a huge bag (8 lbs?). I
cooked with half of them and I ate the other half. If I was home on the
4th, I would make chocolate chip pancakes. They would be buttered,
sprinkled with powdered sugar, rolled up and eaten. Hey, I may do that
before I leave town.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> It warms my heart that you and others have taken the baton and run with
>> "lunch and dinner" breakfasts, as I sit here having a morning bowl of
>> grapes.
>>
>> Andy

> Grapes are nice, but they are not as good as Ghirardelli chocolate
> chips. Sam's Club used to sell them and I bought a huge bag (8 lbs?). I
> cooked with half of them and I ate the other half. If I was home on the
> 4th, I would make chocolate chip pancakes. They would be buttered,
> sprinkled with powdered sugar, rolled up and eaten. Hey, I may do that
> before I leave town.
>
> Becca

You're taking me back to my IHOP chocolate pancake youth! Don't forget the
whipped cream?

I'll probably just nibble on a piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> You're taking me back to my IHOP chocolate pancake youth! Don't forget the
> whipped cream?
>
> I'll probably just nibble on a piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>
> Andy

They still have them! And they are still good with a big glass of milk.
Those were my favorite.

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Becca said...
>

>>Andy wrote:
>>

>>>It warms my heart that you and others have taken the baton and run with
>>>"lunch and dinner" breakfasts, as I sit here having a morning bowl of
>>>grapes.
>>>
>>>Andy

>>Grapes are nice, but they are not as good as Ghirardelli chocolate
>>chips. Sam's Club used to sell them and I bought a huge bag (8 lbs?). I
>>cooked with half of them and I ate the other half. If I was home on the
>>4th, I would make chocolate chip pancakes. They would be buttered,
>>sprinkled with powdered sugar, rolled up and eaten. Hey, I may do that
>>before I leave town.
>>
>>Becca

> You're taking me back to my IHOP chocolate pancake youth! Don't forget the
> whipped cream?
>
> I'll probably just nibble on a piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>
> Andy

Hey that's right, I could dip my chocolate chip pancakes in whipped
cream. Yum.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MayQueen said...

>> You're taking me back to my IHOP chocolate pancake youth! Don't forget
>> the whipped cream?
>>
>> I'll probably just nibble on a piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>>
>> Andy

> They still have them! And they are still good with a big glass of milk.
> Those were my favorite.

As a little kid, I remember I'd always order one and after finishing, vowed
never to order one again but always did. The early onset of Alzheimers?

Andy