Miranda Writes, Devil's Advocate

Default News from Jack's memorial service

Monroe just called to let me know he was safely back at his hotel
and to fill me in on this afternoon.
There were at least 100 ( probably more) family, friends and business
associates gathered at Jack's home. Lots of photos, lots of stories,
lots of smiles and more than a few tears. The family proudly showed
Monroe JC's Kamado and thanked him for " mentoring" Jack from
pre-purchase decisions to the last several months as cooking on that K
gave JC so much happiness. Last Friday night JC had cooked what he
deemed his best ribs ever and was pleased to see how much everybody
enjoyed themselves. He left us the next morning.
The family also wanted to express their thanks to all at AFB, ABF and
the fine folks of ARK who posted such loving words- and they were truly
touched by the " Jack Curry Memorial Cookoff and Goodbye Toast" that so
many participated in. That said, I think Monroe emphasized the cooking
part over the drinking...

It's time for me to go find that box of Puffs Plus® again.

PS- to the folks at ARK- thank you for making Jack feel welcome so
quickly. He absolutely adored being part of your newsgroup and y'all
helped him have a lot of fun in the brief period he was with you.

Miranda
The Barbecue Widow